Review Dees v the Sook & his Purple Mates: the Good, Bad & Fugly with a GAGF to Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Viney has been good today, but Oliver, Harmes and Brayshaw relatively little influence. It's an issue that all four can't fire at once - the last time I can remember the final against Geelong.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good: I only listened to the call but it sounded like Viney, Oliver and TMAC all found some form in the last quarter. Sounds like May was pretty solid too.
If we can just play with a bit more composure I think we’ll win a lot more than we lose for the remainder of the season.

Bad:
I really hope Jesse hasn’t reinjured his navicular.

Fugly: Fritsch in the defensive half of the ground.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Viney has been good today, but Oliver, Harmes and Brayshaw relatively little influence. It's an issue that all four can't fire at once - the last time I can remember the final against Geelong.
There is only 1 ball ... tho I don't really agree.

Viney had 28 (12k, 16h) 5 marks, 2 tackles
Oliver had 28(16k, 12h) 4 marks, 6 tackles.

Also thought Brayshaw was really important with his ball use in the second half. Harmes has had much better games, but had Fyfe to deal with.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Don’t know the stats but it felt like Harmes did a great job of shutting Fyfe down when he went on him. God knows why he wasn’t from the beginning.
Fyfe still ended with 31 ... but it did feel like he was tearing us apart with them less with Harmes on his hammer.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
When Frost puts together like he did in the last he looks a tier above most defenders, he is crazy though.

Great gutsy win, football still feels good when your team gets up, no matter the context of the season, really glad I made the effort to get down to the G today.

Viney, Lockhart, Hunt, Frost, May, Brayshaw and TMac in the last all caught my eye, good spread of contributors though.

Go dees!

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
When Frost puts together like he did in the last he looks a tier above most defenders, he is crazy though.

Great gutsy win, football still feels good when your team gets up, no matter the context of the season, really glad I made the effort to get down to the G today.

Viney, Lockhart, Hunt, Frost, May, Brayshaw and TMac in the last all caught my eye, good spread of contributors though.

Go dees!
Love Crazy Horse. An MFC talisman.

Well Jesse, I am really gutted to hear about your injury. In response, I have spurned my faith in God. I have pulled down all the curtains and replaced them with black drapes. I am severely dehydrated from all the tears. I cannot stand the thought of you hanging around Perf with your bogan mates and getting up to no good with a can of XXXX in each hand. In sack-cloth and ashes, I hope that you can at least stand on a surfboard. At least you have Dross Lyon at hand to imparts words of wisdom to you in your convalescence. Perish the thought - you might even be mentioned in the same breath as Colin Sylvia! Oh, let it not be!!!

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bunch of blokes will be champing at the bit for the VFL tomorrow with the prospect of taking Hannans spot. Did nothing today and has no idea where the sticks are when he puts it to boot. He'll be back but for now is a liability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Frost is going to Frost is all I will say (and that is why I like him so much).

Really happy with May in the team his disposal is just what the team needs.

Really happy for Lockhart, who I think could have had 4. That is the way you turn up the pressure in a positive way for getting into and staying in the team.

I prefer Brayshaw playing more inside mid and Oliver maybe moving between inside/outside. I think the coaches are still trying to get this worked out.

Not a great win but a few players came into some form and I like both of those.

(Petty had just the worst game I doubt he will keep his spot).

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll be interested to see who the reserve defender is out of Petty and Omac next year. May/Hore/Lever/Frost keeps them both out.

I'd consider trading Omac if we could get a third round pick, keep Petty, then draft a tall KPD late.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just made the mistake of going on r/afl for a look at what the vibe was. The way people on that sub fall over themselves to suck other supporter’s d!cks is utterly sickening. Yeah, be gracious, but * me some of the self deprecating bullshit you see on there is revolting.

?

Harmes tagged Fyfe from about halfway through Q2 and restricted him well. Why Goody thought Oliver with limited movement in his shoulders was a good match up for Fyfe I have no idea. Brayshaw had his best game for the year.

Petracca was great today. Still out of form but he's stopped doing dumb s**t and is playing within his limitations now. May was brilliant down back - lynchpin. Frost and Hore both had really good moments. We had to carry Petty and Wagner - Lever and Hibbo back in will be huge.

Fyfe still ended with 31 ... but it did feel like he was tearing us apart with them less with Harmes on his hammer.
Fyfe had 11 to QT and about 18 at HT. Harmes locked him away as well as possible and kicked an important goal the other way.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just made the mistake of going on r/afl for a look at what the vibe was. The way people on that sub fall over themselves to suck other supporter’s d!cks is utterly sickening. Yeah, be gracious, but **** me some of the self deprecating ******** you see on there is revolting.

Reddit is s**t for footy discussion.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Frost was made in a test tube and I love it

Lockhart is a jet and is our best small forward at the moment, so clean and tough and has some tricks

Viney back to his explosive best

Umpires has zero feel for the flow of the game. Embarrassing.

Dees for finals

Back