Review Dees v the Sook & his Purple Mates: the Good, Bad & Fugly with a GAGF to Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, fair enough. I think the 3 of them work well together because Smith isn't really a tall forward ... the reason you don't want to many talls in there is one of his strengths, his pressure game. He plays more like a medium forward, just with a really good set of hands
You speak sense. I think I am off to bed. Great win, but the Monteiths black beers have hit me hard.

Honestly I'm a vindictive campaigner and hoped Hogan would be a bust for Freo but seeing his emotional face on the bench with tracksuit on reminded me he's a human being and what a **** run he has had. Good luck to the guy I say.

Honestly I hoped he wouldn't get a kick today but don't want to see anyone get injured. His body has really let him down after 2015...

Will obviously never happen, but a backline of Frost, May, Lever, Jetta, Hore, Hibberd....looks pretty damn solid, hopefully in 2020 we can get there.

The Good

A win!

The Bad
Shocking turnovers

The ugly
Me claiming Freo at $2.58 on Sportsbet was free money

Just watching the post game wrap up. I'm no lip reader, but Hogan clearly said "******" when Jones asked him something.
Yeah seemed like it ... post game and his clear devastation when the tracksuit went on has made me pretty surprised Ross/the club have already ruled out it being another navicular. When you've done something once, you can definitely be very tuned in when it feels like something similar. Where he's touching while showing the Doc's is exactly where the navicular is.

Honestly I'm a vindictive campaigner and hoped Hogan would be a bust for Freo but seeing his emotional face on the bench with tracksuit on reminded me he's a human being and what a **** run he has had. Good luck to the guy I say.
Same here. For me he was Fremantle Player in a Melbourne Guernsey. Never really felt that he was "ours". I got the impression that he wanted to go back home and be refreshed and more relaxed in his Home State of WA. Watching him play in the Freo jumper was weird but in some ways it sort of felt right, like he was destined to be a Dockers player in the first place. It was sad seeing him disconsolate in what could be a very serious injury. Hopefully he gets back but I fear that we may have seen the last of him as a player.

Same here. For me he was Fremantle Player in a Melbourne Guernsey. Never really felt that he was "ours". I got the impression that he wanted to go back home and be refreshed and more relaxed in his Home State of WA. Watching him play in the Freo jumper was weird but in some ways it sort of felt right, like he was destined to be a Dockers player in the first place. It was sad seeing him disconsolate in what could be a very serious injury. Hopefully he gets back but I fear that we may have seen the last of him as a player.

??? Pretty sure even if he is having foot issues he will absolutely play AFL footy again.

??? Pretty sure even if he is having foot issues he will absolutely play AFL footy again.

Not if it turns out to be his navicular a la Trengove. At best he'll have sporadic appearances in the WAFL.

Hopefully Freo don't have someone as incompetent as Misson there,

Sorry for the intrusion i watched your game before mine just wanted to drop by and say i was impressed by 41 Lockhart. Solid meatball looking player thats actually really clean. Some of his ground ball gets were one touch and really impressive. Can spray a few kicks but this will develop over time. Not sure what the go is with rising star nom seeing he is mature age but if legible id hope he would get it this round. All the best

Sorry for the intrusion i watched your game before mine just wanted to drop by and say i was impressed by 41 Lockhart. Solid meatball looking player thats actually really clean. Some of his ground ball gets were one touch and really impressive. Can spray a few kicks but this will develop over time. Not sure what the go is with rising star nom seeing he is mature age but if legible id hope he would get it this round. All the best
Yeah good call, easily his best game yet (which is an achievement given he decked Joel Selwood twice on debut) his clean hands on the half volley were a real highlight for me.

Sadly, he's 23, so no chance for the Rising Star, but one of our best on ground for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca was great today. Still out of form but he's stopped doing dumb **** and is playing within his limitations now. May was brilliant down back - lynchpin. Frost and Hore both had really good moments. We had to carry Petty and Wagner - Lever and Hibbo back in will be huge.
Aside from salem, we need Milkshakes back for his inside 50 delivery. Never noticed more today

Frost was made in a test tube and I love it

Lockhart is a jet and is our best small forward at the moment, so clean and tough and has some tricks

Viney back to his explosive best

Umpires has zero feel for the flow of the game. Embarrassing.

Dees for finals
My interpretation but Lockhart thus far is like Hannan was for us last year

Geeez some people like to sensationalise and hit the panic button. No one on here is a medical expert so before you go calling time on Hogan’s injury let the medical staff do their thing. And even if it’s worse case scenario I’d back him to come good again. Everyone looks at Marty Egan and thinks navicular is career over but forget he tried to come back within 4 weeks to play in the cats finals series.

Same goes for the doomsdayers when Lever injured his knee which came from the Varcoe smother. Nothing to do with coming back to early.

Really gutsy win. Great to see Viney engage beast mode to. Really came back to form yesterday. And Tmac played a great game to. Had some early changers but worked back into it. In reckon we have a player in Lockhart to. Interesting to see if we can carry some form on from here.

Really gutsy win. Great to see Viney engage beast mode to. Really came back to form yesterday. And Tmac played a great game to. Had some early changers but worked back into it. In reckon we have a player in Lockhart to. Interesting to see if we can carry some form on from here.

Still working through the game as I was too shitfaced to remember what I saw last night, but think I agree.

P.S. Watch out for the grammar police.

Petty had a shocker, a few goals directly from his errors.

He moves well though for a big guy and took a nice intercept mark I think in the last qtr. Could be something worth persisting with, but needs to get those mistakes out of his game ASAP.

I'd sooner drop Wagner who offers nothing imo.

Grammar police can get stuffed. I was half asleep typing but my iPhone.
I think it’s more the spelling detectives that are monitoring your movements.

Agree with you about Lockhart though. He’s been a revelation

Also good was that supporters at the ground didn’t decide to go full knob head booing when Hogan went near the ball. Though that might have been due to horrible season listlessness rather than good manners. I can’t be certain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back