Review Dees v the Sook & his Purple Mates: the Good, Bad & Fugly with a GAGF to Ross Lyon

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
If he played more games like this he would be a real asset to our team, not surprisingly he plays better in the midfield.

Yes he would.
I think he's weak forward, or has been. Although he was good there on the weekend, much better using his strength and intensity.
Where has he been hiding it.? Or does he need to be crank-started each game, before he will fire up.?
He played with more aggression in his game.

I like his game, in the middle. He should be one of those inside players feeding other players. Not being the one on the end of the chain.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think Jones did it intentionally. To Galvanize the team. Just as it did. I think Goody and Jones were having a chuckle about it, after the game.
Jones was smiling from the time he bumped Walters, and all the way through, as Freo players rushed in to remonstrate.
This caused Salem and Fritta to jump in and get involved physically, which was good to see. They flew the flag for one another. And the team rallied to the cause.

I'm sure its easier to joke about it after the game when you've won. Giving up what should have been a goal for the opposition to go straight down the other end and pop one isn't really ideal. We're not going to win a lot of games if that's how the players get motivated.

No comparison, I’ve taken no pleasure in watching May turn up fat and unfit then get suspended and I absolutely want him to be something he’s never been an elite AFL key defender, but even if he does I’ll always feel the club gave up way to much for a bloke that couldn’t finish in The top 10 of GC b&f last year.

I do find it petty that Melbourne supporters enjoyed watching Hogan get injured, I’ve never understood the hate and to be honest it baffles me, but he doesn’t play for my club so while I feel sorry for him and take no enjoyment I won’t loose an sleep either.
I'm deeply shocked to hear this.

Yeah I'll back Jones in for getting Walters back. When no one stands up for Gawn we are soft yet when Jones does fly the flag people bitch. Can't have it both ways
Especially given it was a bump. The 50 metres, even if it had been illegal, was terrible umpiring.

What a breath of fresh-air, it was to see Petracca putting in with intensity. Its been missing from far too many of his career games to date. He's been like a sheep.
But this week, he stood up to be a man. a player. and to be counted. This game he made a difference, by making his own statement on the game.
I feel like trac has been slowly but surely building for the last 4 or 5 weeks. Did some very nice things this week, and like you said displayed good intensity.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
I feel like trac has been slowly but surely building for the last 4 or 5 weeks. Did some very nice things this week, and like you said displayed good intensity.

Petracca has to play to this intensity each and every week. If in good form, or out of form. Poor form does not mean you cannot be intense.
But intensity, good or bad, adds to the team energy levels.
It shows you are busting your gut, and you will make pressure on the opposition, if you play this way. Frosty does this all the time. It's a good way to finding form.

Petracca has seemingly had times of sulking. in that he suffers doubts, which in-turn lowers his intensity levels. shows his moods IMO.

Behave your way out of poor-form, by playing high-intensity.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
The earlier Viney gif was good - very good, but there's just something so enjoyable seeing three dockers blokes hanging and tearing his jumper off him while he does that manic smile, giving absolutely zero fu(ks..

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
The earlier Viney gif was good - very good, but there's just something so enjoyable seeing three dockers blokes hanging and tearing his jumper off him while he does that manic smile, giving absolutely zero fu(ks..

View attachment 698148

The stuff of dreams for a Hen's night.

View attachment 698148

Gee Fyfe looks to be enjoying that a little too much. o_O

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
My apologies for the intrusion on your board, but just big credits to your fellow Lockhart for helping Walters get off on the headbutting charge.
I've got to admit the headbutt was stupid by Walters but given it was barely a kiss on the forehead to Lockhart, it wasn't worth a week.
And I guess while I'm here I should also say congrats on your win (... said with far less sincerity than my initial thanks for Lockhart).

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
My apologies for the intrusion on your board, but just big credits to your fellow Lockhart for helping Walters get off on the headbutting charge.
I've got to admit the headbutt was stupid by Walters but given it was barely a kiss on the forehead to Lockhart, it wasn't worth a week.
And I guess while I'm here I should also say congrats on your win (... said with far less sincerity than my initial thanks for Lockhart).

We aren’t Carlton, not going to sell other clubs down the river over very minor offences.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gawn looks like that old mate at a party who traps you in a conversation. May is being polite but not really listening and trying to think of a way to get away.

Baker: "I will thave you, Thteven..."

Back