Review Dees v the Suns - the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Id rather measure the level of smell of every member of this boards s**t in a bag than watch that game again.

GC were ******* crap for most of the game, we were probably worse but we are just better. GC aint playing finals again. Playing all out attack for a quarter and a half and then doing nothing in the second aint playing well. Mind you we were just barely better. Chuck the tape in the bin and never ever talk about it again

Except for Luke Jackson, wow. Adam Goodes if he was a Perth Bogan not a self righteous prick

Jake Bowey, also wow. Everything that Jayden Hunt isnt as a footballer. Hows that w***er who didnt rate him because of his left hand handballing hahaha what a dickhead. Cant ever remember a 10 game player for melbourne whos so composed.

Jayden Hunt get in the ******* bin for * sake. We should just play with 1 less, the campaigners ******* cooked hes so ******* bad. I could rock up off the couch today and do better than that.

Trac rolled into Queensland ready to go from the first minute. Led by example with a cpl huge tackles early.

Id rather measure the level of smell of every member of this boards s**t in a bag than watch that game again.

GC were ******* crap for most of the game, we were probably worse but we are just better. GC aint playing finals again. Playing all out attack for a quarter and a half and then doing nothing in the second aint playing well. Mind you we were just barely better. Chuck the tape in the bin and never ever talk about it again

Except for Luke Jackson, wow. Adam Goodes if he was a Perth Bogan not a self righteous prick

Jake Bowey, also wow. Everything that Jayden Hunt isnt as a footballer. Hows that w***er who didnt rate him because of his left hand handballing hahaha what a dickhead. Cant ever remember a 10 game player for melbourne whos so composed.

Jayden Hunt get in the ******* bin for fu** sake. We should just play with 1 less, the campaigners ******* cooked hes so ******* bad. I could rock up off the couch today and do better than that.

Trac rolled into Queensland ready to go from the first minute. Led by example with a cpl huge tackles early.

In 2020 we lose this game for sure. The constant dump kicks to 4 blokes standing round in the same pocket was nightmare fuel, though I reckon Goody might have brought it back exclusively as a bigger part of the game plan just for tonight, allow us to play the territory game in the slippery conditions and as to not expose our VFL back line on the counterattack.I very much hope its shelved next week.

In 2020 we lose this game for sure. The constant dump kicks to 4 blokes standing round in the same pocket was nightmare fuel, though I reckon Goody might have brought it back exclusively as a bigger part of the game plan just for tonight, allow us to play the territory game in the slippery conditions and as to not expose our VFL back line on the counterattack.I very much hope its shelved next week.
Oh yea it was 100% gameplan. Maybe kick it long and run less which ment we could maintain a level for 4 quarters instead of Gold Coast who were cooked at half time. I said to meself it must be the plan when we kicked it to max about 15 times in the first 10 mins but it was still a trash game.

We got in and got out.

Bowey Trac and Jacko carried us. Smith, Pickett, Clarry did the team things required. Rest were just there.

Old mate NPC Jordan another invisible game

Last edited:
Oh yea it was 100% gameplan. Maybe kick it long and run less which ment we could maintain a level for 4 quarters instead of Gold Coast who were cooked at half time. I said to meself it must be the plan when we kicked it to max about 15 times in the first 10 mins but it was still a trash game.

We got in and got out.

Bowery Trac and Jacko carried us. Smith, Pickett, Clarry did the team things required. Rest were just there.

Old mate NPC Jordan another invisible game

I thought Gus and Harmes were decent also. Sparrow's second half was better, needed to be.

Whats your thoughts on Tomo? He looks awfully slow to me right now. Hopefully its just rust but right now id have Smith over him in the side when everyone is back.

Ill take JJ's invisibility over Hunt's clangers.

I thought Gus and Harmes were decent also. Sparrow's second half was better, needed to be.

Whats your thoughts on Tomo? He looks awfully slow to me right now. Hopefully its just rust but right now id have Smith over him in the side when everyone is back.

Ill take JJ's invisibility over Hunt's clangers.

Yea Gus and Harmes are just role players for us now. Solid 6s all the time which isn't a bad thing. Same with AnB. Always consistent

I don't think either of them have a place in our best 22 but 2 weeks ago I had Thommo miles infront of Smith I love Thommo and what he brings to the back 6, but if have Smith in front of him now. Thommo doesn't look right. Only 2 games back from an ACL.

Hunt had 7 disposals at 42% efficiency and that feels kind. Pretty sure that doesn't include when he kicked it over spargos head by 15m

4 clangers from 7 disposals

I'd take Jordan over an extra hunt even if we could play hunt as an illegal 19th man.

UGLY: Been tearing my hair out for a while over this one - why can’t you find a half decent Match Report on the game anymore?

I’ve always enjoyed reading a proper match report the day after the game and seeing if the way I saw the game was the same as experienced footy journos. Now whether it’s the AFL website or the Hun, the so-called match report is just jerking off the three big name players who had impressive stat lines mixed in with a hodge podge of weird sub-headings (“Kozzy lights up Metricon”, “Suns battles inside 50”). The Hun article I just read online doesn’t mention Bowey’s game at all and ends with a section about Lever and Hibberd coming back next week which repeatedly calls Pig “Hibbert”.

Yes I am aware that this is very much a first world problem, but * me. Makes me want to write one myself. 50,000 Dees members, surely I can’t be the only one who wouldn’t mind reading a match analysis that isn’t absolute dross.

Sounds like we might need some kinda lab

When campaigners don’t understand what you’re cooking up in that lab of yours, remind yourself it’s not their fault.

Impossible at times to jump straight from reading an AFL.com.au match report to the big brain s**t you’ve got going on in there. It’s like NASA trying to recruit from Collingwood Primary School.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was the first win I've been 'bored' with, which I don't think we've been successful enough for long enough to be the case. In years gone by I'd take a crappy win and be happy, but last night I was content with the 4 points and move onto next week, was a horrible game to watch, but we did enough to get the job done, and that's all that matters.

• Bowey, what a freak, would be one of the best players on the ground already in those Neeld Era teams, just so composed.
  • Jackson, absolutely just a gun, just sign him up.
  • Trac stood up again and was involved the most crucial times of the game, amazing seeing a guy at his peak.
  • Kossie showed he doesn't need much of it to take make an impact, that snap goal was ridiculous.

Ugly: Games in tropical conditions, never good to watch.

Onto next week and hopefully spank the Bombers.

Good:

4 points
Some players were very good and basically saved our sorry arses. Beautiful Bowey, Delightful Dogga, Perfect Petracca
The streak!
I have no obligation to watch the game ever again

Decent:
Koz wasn’t his magical best, but shows definite signs of recapturing his freakish qualities

Okay:

Some players weren’t dreadful so don’t deserve a punch in the head. Okay Oliver, Goodish Gus, Helpful Harmes, serviceable Smith, Nice Nibbler. Max disappointing - was the ball slippery or something? But his skipper’s goal was timely. Steven May gets an ‘okay’ on the basis that he is working hard to deal with the loss of his regular and reliable backline. BBB gets forgiven for his largely forgettable presence for most of the game for having to deal with spoils and ****ed up decisions by bloody TMac.

Jury out:
Re-injured Rivers. Don’t like the signs here

Ugly:

the players that don’t even deserve a stupid alliterative name. So Jesus-Christ-pull-yourself-together Tom. He channeled Chris Dawes out there. One week down back and he’s decided his primary task it to punch the ball. Went for it with one hand only twice that I noticed when he could have led and marked. I don’t even want to start on what-in-the-flying-*-are-you-playing-at-Hunt.

Last edited:
Yea Gus and Harmes are just role players for us now. Solid 6s all the time which isn't a bad thing. Same with AnB. Always consistent

I don't think either of them have a place in our best 22 but 2 weeks ago I had Thommo miles infront of Smith I love Thommo and what he brings to the back 6, but if have Smith in front of him now. Thommo doesn't look right. Only 2 games back from an ACL.

Hunt had 7 disposals at 42% efficiency and that feels kind. Pretty sure that doesn't include when he kicked it over spargos head by 15m

4 clangers from 7 disposals

I'd take Jordan over an extra hunt even if we could play hunt as an illegal 19th man.
Thommo can’t jump at the moment. Sluggish post ACL I reckon. Hopefully these games where we are forced to use him owing to injuries will hopefully fast-track him a bit

Good:

4 points
Some players were very good and basically saved our sorry arses. Beautiful Bowey, Delightful Dogga, Perfect Petracca
The streak!
I have no obligation to watch the game ever again

Decent:
Koz wasn’t his magical best, but shows definite signs of recapturing his freakish qualities

Okay:

Some players weren’t dreadful so don’t deserve a punch in the head. Okay Oliver, Goodish Gus, Helpful Harmes, serviceable Smith, Nice Nibbler. Max disappointing - was the ball slippery or something? But his skipper’s goal was timely. Steven May gets an ‘okay’ on the basis that he is working hard to deal with the loss of his regular and reliable backline. BBB gets forgiven for his largely forgettable presence for most of the game for having to deal with spoils and f’ed up decisions by bloody TMac.

Jury out:
Re-injured Rivers. Don’t like the signs here

Ugly:

the players that don’t even deserve a stupid alliterative name. So Jesus-Christ-pull-yourself-together Tom. He channeled Chris Dawes out there. One week down back and he’s decided his primary task it to punch the ball. Went for it with one hand only twice that I noticed when he could have led and marked. I don’t even want to start on what-in-the-flying-fu**-are-you-playing-at-Harmes.
Ok and Ugly for poor Harmesy :straining: :think:

Ok and Ugly for poor Harmesy :straining: :think:
Yeah he has too many games where he goes for the polar performance. A truly enigmatic player. Sometimes he seems like Frost in that even he isn’t sure what will be the outcome of his attempts

Yeah he has too many games where he goes for the polar performance. A truly enigmatic player. Sometimes he seems like Frost in that even he isn’t sure what will be the outcome of his attempts
And you too.

You can’t wow everyone who mentions Frosty. It’s against the spirit of BigFooty

I thought Harmes played alright. Maybe it looked better because of how bad he was last week?
Okay so I’m going to go again. I meant Hunt. Hunt was almost unbelievable. Elite dreadful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back