Review Dees v the Tigers: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Shades of frosty lmao. Looked him dead in the eyes and handballed it to his chest
That brought me back to the good old days, I love Smith

ANB went at 22% by foot and had 8 clangers, wow, might be the worst game ive ever seen. :tearsofjoy:

Sparrow terrible also, just not ANB bad, 47% by foot, 7 clangers.

its genuinely a s**t sport now, said to a mate if we weren't good dont think id even bother watching it.
Yeah there's no interest in neutral games anymore and even watching Melbourne I find my self drifting onto me phone. I'd be surprised if I'm still into it after this Premiership team is done.

ANB went at 22% by foot and had 8 clangers, wow, might be the worst game ive ever seen. :tearsofjoy:

Sparrow terrible also, just not ANB bad, 47% by foot, 7 clangers.
A lot of people were saying Sparrow was good and I couldn't wrap my head around what they were seeing. Used the ball terribly.

Win should be entirely credited to the coaches box. Most of our players were off but our system held up remarkably well.

A lot of people were saying Sparrow was good and I couldn't wrap my head around what they were seeing. Used the ball terribly.

Win should be entirely credited to the coaches box. Most of our players were off but our system held up remarkably well.

Agree 100%, im a big Sparrow fan but thought he was dreadful.

70k not a great crowd either
Again with the ticketing. I had to get the MCG attendants to wave me through because for whatever reason all of the 3 tickets in our group had been scanned.

But there were about 30 people with the same issue at the gates.

It’s only the second game all season that has cracked 70k. Worth noting the emptiest section was the AFL members too - the Olympic, the Ponsford and the PRE of the Warne Stand were all really full.

Most of our players have been off all season yet they're all working hard defensively. It's nuts that we don't have a single in form forward yet we still kick 100 most games

I was ready to shitcan Dunstan after the game at half time for being invisible, by the end of it I thought he was in our top 10 players on the night. Not that he did anything really good, just everyone else butchered it far more than he did

Again with the ticketing. I had to get the MCG attendants to wave me through because for whatever reason all of the 3 tickets in our group had been scanned.

But there were about 30 people with the same issue at the gates.

It’s only the second game all season that has cracked 70k. Worth noting the emptiest section was the AFL members too - the Olympic, the Ponsford and the PRE of the Warne Stand were all really full.
Looked like they were mainly Richmond areas with less?

AFL members was reasonably full, less than previous years but a negligible change

Looked like they were mainly Richmond areas with less?

AFL members was reasonably full, less than previous years but a negligible change
I was sitting Q50 Olympic so it was pretty easy to get a visual, the top deck of AFL members was barely half full.

its genuinely a s**t sport now, said to a mate if we weren't good dont think id even bother watching it.
I hope the guy who takes over from Gil is a bit less reactive. The constant rule changes which don’t feel very well considered, over-umpiring and changing the game to suit broadcasters is a pain, MRP inconsistency… there’s definitely a few problems.

I was ready to shitcan Dunstan after the game at half time for being invisible, by the end of it I thought he was in our top 10 players on the night. Not that he did anything really good, just everyone else butchered far more than he did
Amazing considering he is widely regarded as a butcher. Goody and co obviously instructing him not to kick or hack kick out of stoppage. That was his main issue at St Kilda, his Dangerfield like hack kicks but he didn't do any.

His kicking looks dreadful but he has brilliant hands. His centre bounce work is elite and I actually wouldn't mind keeping him in as I feel we've struggled at centre bounce this season and it's proving a real scoring source this year across the comp

I was ready to shitcan Dunstan after the game at half time for being invisible, by the end of it I thought he was in our top 10 players on the night. Not that he did anything really good, just everyone else butchered it far more than he did
He played a very 2018 Oliver game. Just got it cleanly and gave it to someone else. Nothing special but in a final he's good depth if he stays composed like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the guy who takes over from Gil is a bit less reactive. The constant rule changes which don’t feel very well considered, over-umpiring and changing the game to suit broadcasters is a pain, MRP inconsistency… there’s definitely a few problems.

Put me in charge, id make a tonne of rule changes, if an ump pays more than 10 frees in a game he or she is automatically suspended for 12 games, if coaches flood outside the last 5 mins of each quarter they are suspended for life, if you kick 15 points or more in a game your entire team loses its game pay cheque, if you upset David King with a head high collision you automatically get off at the tribunal

Has there been any team 6-0 with so many players out of form lol. It's nuts how good we are yet individually poor.

May, Gawn, Petty and Oliver maybe are at their best. Maybe take out Oliver and add Gus. Everyone else could play better
Langdon and Brayshaw are going at pretty close to their best imo

Most of our players have been off all season yet they're all working hard defensively. It's nuts that we don't have a single in form forward yet we still kick 100 most games
Pretty amazing our backs have been our most consistent line despite being shuffled around every week.

We need to sort this forward line out though. I don't think weideman is the long term solution and Brown is finding his feet this season.

I think finding a forward in the next trade period would be well worth it regardless of how we go this year.

i think Van Rooyen is a defender but the recruiters see him as a forward so i'll back them in.

Good thing weightman doesn’t get near the ball ten times a game then :)

good call, add that to the rules to also, knee droppers get zero protection, in fact if you hit them high when dropping their knees you win a holding the ball.

If Jason Dunstall and Tony Lockett holograms don't bring 100k back to games then the country is in real trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back