Review Dees v the Tigers: the Good, Bad & Up the Clacker

Remove this Banner Ad

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
To those who say I can’t ever see this turning it around - I actually can.

With a different coach. I don’t mean that in another “sack goody” joke post, but genuinely, I can only see this list achieving something with a coach that’s not Goodwin.

Im truly hoping the board recognise that too.

Unlike a s**t club that has a s**t list, I believe we have the talent if coached right.
But the window is always closing, and will rapidly accelerate if we stick it out with a Goodwin for the year and have a mass exodus of talent at years end/fail to recruit any good mature players.

With a different coach. I don’t mean that in another “sack goody” joke post, but genuinely, I can only see this list achieving something with a coach that’s not Goodwin.

Unlike a sh*t club that has a sh*t list, I believe we have the talent if coached right.
But the window is always closing, and will rapidly accelerate if we stick it out with a Goodwin for the year and have a mass exodus of talent at years end/fail to recruit any good mature players.

Na, the talent has all gone to s**t/waste mate. Been fully Melbourne'd the lot of them.

10 year rebuild coming up. Another exciting journey with plenty of learnings. Fantastic.

IMO replacing one person regardless of job title (head coach, director of something, junk accumulator, janitor, recruitment person, social media man, key forward) will not work because every "nook and cranny" of the club has been infected with melbourne demons ie: it is all rabble, all of it.

very deep issues preventing football team from doing anything approaching football. demons cannot achieve even mediocrity because failure is too profoundly ingrained into the football clubs psychological makeup. falling into a pile of sh*t is our identity, our brand, our culture.

our coach is a gambling addict. not tactician, statistician, he is calculating odds? like when bullwinkle pulls a rabbit out of his hat, we bomb it long, "but that trick never works! but this time, for sure!" but it never works why won't he change it? who extended his contract, and why?

no money due to covid means no sacking the coach. if we are this sh*t next year melbourne will lose whatever TaLenTeD players we have and knowing us we'll probably get ben kennedys in return, and if we do get high draft picks (as if) our trade people will swap them for small forwards or people who run fast and kick sh*t.

need to cover the place in petrol and burn it to the ground and then re-brand rename redo the whole thing, call the team "melbourne phoenix!" or something, hope and pray because the staff and players are not working. game plan recruiting trading development marketing handballing all of it is horrible, awful, sub-standard crap.

year after year after year.

bring back watts and bugg and hogan and get some more party boys. must be sh*t being in the team now, who wants to get on the tiles with tom macdonalds after a win? no one that's probably why they are not trying anymore.

My favourite part was when Toump burnt it to the ground. 💗

Honestly I’m really grateful we have this place to vent our feelings on the dees, think we’re all disgruntled melbourne supporters who have seen it year after year.

I turn 31 this year and I get so jealous of mates who have seen their team win a flag, it just doesn’t feel like it’ll happen for us, like we’re just not club who could see genuine success.

I turn 40 this year. More than half my life gone and two grand final appearances for two of the biggest defeats of all time to show for it. I regret everything.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Unlike a sh*t club that has a sh*t list, I believe we have the talent if coached right.
Our forwardline needs a complete rebuild.our midfield needs 2 drafts/trade periods to clean out the 1 dimensional players we have, and half our backline is old. We're in trouble again. I can't see any coach turning this list into premiership contenders. Get Ross Lyon or Brad Scott or Adem Yze and give them 3 years to throw out the deadwood and change things up. Not sold on Lyon, as his style is contested ball and defend, but he's taken 2 perennial loser clubs to the GF. That's good enough for me..

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sorry to intrude but most at Richmond see Balta as a Rance clone. He will be a star in 1-2 years. He won’t be the first to be baptised my Noah

Ha Ha, keep drinking your own Piss.

He won't be in the AFL in 18 months time.
Remember when all you Richmond flogs kept jerking off over Sydney Stack lol

You would have thought you would have learnt your lesson by now 🤡🤡🤡

Johnstone, Sylvia, McLean, Trengove, Gysberts, Tyson, Brayshaw, Oliver

Generations of midfielders who became worse at football at Melbourne. 👌

It's unbelievable. Makes Trac's effort to become elite all on his own only more remarkable.

I look back at 1998 and 2000 as genuinely the last time I really enjoyed watching us play football every week. 20+ years ago. * me.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I also reckon Steven May started looking decent especially in the last when the intensity rose. Buried Lynch in a tackle and seemed to thrive in the aggressive nature of the last.
It's a shame his defensive partner absoloutely hung him out to dry

Imagine organising that back 6 ATM, how the * Jetta isn't back there helping him is beyond me

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Screenshot_20200706-150112.png

Get on it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Yeah this. I've pretty much lost all faith in our coaching group completely turning this around. Disgraceful that we're currently bottom 2 on the ladder again with our list. Would love to see what another coach could do with our group of players. Can't see much changing this season under our current regime.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like how the media have cotton on to the fact that last year wasn't just a bad preparation that there's something seriously broken at the club. This isn't a Hawthorn 09 situation just a few injuries bad preparation being the reason for missing finals. We finished second bottom and only had 5 wins for the season, nothing convincing either. Last year we had 8 goalless quarters two of those in the Sydney game who are struggling themselves. Clearly this team has been found out and just haven't adjusted. We are the easiest team to defend and probably the easiest to score against Adelaide probably have us covered in that area. The only reason we did all right against Geelong was because they went sideways or backwards allowing our lazy mids to get back. We continue to play a game style that our players can't execute because they lack the skills. Yesterday when it was going against us in the second quarter we couldn't just slow it down a bit it's constantly go go go which results in turnover turnover turnover. Had we just limited the damage in the second we may have actually had a chance. Gold coast apparently have improved their defending from turnover so I expect this to be another tough game.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Finally watched the 2nd half.

Hibberd was really good, back to his intercepting, desperate defensive efforts and run from defence from 2017. His kicking was better too, he didn't try to kick the cover off it every time he got it. Think he still has something to give. Hopefully Nev and Jones gives us a similar return to form when they get back in.

Just dumb football at key moments cost us, again. We are such a dumb team. Lead from the midfield with blaze away kicks when we are streaming forward from a clearance. Petracca the only shining light in this regard, used it so well all day. Harmes gets a lot of praise on here but he blazed away with dump kicks going forward a number of times. At least he takes on the tackle then gives the hands in stead of hot potatoeing the thing around.

Harmes 1 tackle, Oliver 1 tackle, Petracca 1 tackle, Viney 3 tackles. They waltzed the ball out of contests so easily, we looked flat footed and reactive very often. It's actually crazy to see Kozzie Pickett on the move at a forward 50 ball up - as he's the only one that does it. Nobody else moves. Story of the forward line really. But then again why waste your energy leading when Viney/Oliver/Braysh dump it over your head. Chicken and the Egg.

We are also an incredibly flat team. There's very little fight/enthusiasm/ticker. No fights, no big hits, no mouthy-ness. Everyone keeps their head down in case they make a mistake. Nobody is having fun. Everyone is just...worried.

Load up on the Gold Coast

The first half of 2004 and then a decent amount of 05 and 06 were enjoyable. That's about it.
Agree with this. It all ended for us as a club on a balmy night at Subiaco oval when we went down to Freo.

I distinctly recall the night, I couldn't watch due to a family dinner at Witchmount Estate. Can't even remember how we checked the scores as it was the days before smart phones. Probable slightly less smart phones or just phones. I know it wasn't by carrier pigeon.

Wait, where was I? Yes, I recall, we've sucked since then.

So I haven’t seen the first 3/4 of the game but I see Trac had 14 in the first and only another 13 for the rest of the game. Was he tagged, move forward or did he just go quiet?

Ha Ha, keep drinking your own Piss.

He won't be in the AFL in 18 months time.
Remember when all you Richmond flogs kept jerking off over Sydney Stack lol

You would have thought you would have learnt your lesson by now 🤡🤡🤡

Hahah stack has been absolute s**t this year and hes still been better than Wanilla Walsh.... must sting

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
So I haven’t seen the first 3/4 of the game but I see Trac had 14 in the first and only another 13 for the rest of the game. Was he tagged, move forward or did he just go quiet?
Got pinged for the most ridiculous interpretation the AFL could come up with for holding the ball/no genuine attempt right infront of goal with the ball pinned to him by Nank in the 2nd. Then the very next centre clearance he got pinged for front on contact against Dusty which was rather soft but there. Seemed to go from world beater to just our best player from then on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back