Review Dees v the Tigers: the Good, Bad & Up the Clacker

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not having a crack at Petracca because he was by a mile our best player but he had 7 kicks and 20 handballs. He had 3 goal assists from his 7 kicks. If that's not symptomatic of what's wrong with us I'll go he.
Petracca needs to be having 20 kicks and 7 handballs. Why in the * do we have Oliver Viney Brayshaw and Gawn if we can't get it to him in space.

I'm not having a crack at Petracca because he was by a mile our best player but he had 7 kicks and 20 handballs. He had 3 goal assists from his 7 kicks. If that's not symptomatic of what's wrong with us I'll go he.
Petracca needs to be having 20 kicks and 7 handballs. Why in the fu** do we have Oliver Viney Brayshaw and Gawn if we can't get it to him in space.

I reckon hes been sucked in like the rest of them to handball and handball some more.

Was just thinking earlier, you know what all this reminds me of? Gerard Neesham coaching Freo in the 1990's, he had some success early on with this type of heavy emphasis on handball, then it all went to s**t in a hurry.

What's piss funny most is the Gawn's kick to handball ratio would be higher than a few of our midfielders. 😂
Max Gawn kicks 60% of the time

Oliver 40%
Trac 42%
Viney 43%
Brayshaw 44%

It's crazy how similar their numbers are

Max Gawn kicks 60% of the time

Oliver 40%
Trac 42%
Viney 43%
Brayshaw 44%

It's crazy how similar their numbers are

If that isn't a system thats broken I don't know what is. Name any club from any time who has had its ruckman kicking the ball more often than what 4 of it's best mdfielders do.

If that isn't a system thats broken I don't know what is. Name any club from any time who has had its ruckman kicking the ball more often than what 4 of it's best mdfielders do.
It's also crazy how all of them average between 40-45%
Like they so perfectly follow the wrong game plan

Petracca needs to be having 20 kicks and 7 handballs. Why in the fu** do we have Oliver Viney Brayshaw and Gawn if we can't get it to him in space.
Agree he should be kicking more, but Trac's handballs are different to the rest as he is the only mid that forward handballs for receivers to run onto.

Sad thing is there would’ve been quite a few supporters who came back on board during the Roos era and particularly 2018, after the horror of the Neeld years, and I feel like with with how horrible we’ve been the past 18 months, a few of them would almost have left for good after that hope was lost again.

The club really needs to think about that with any decisions going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 was an fun ride but papered over so many cracks in our team. A key defender was really the least of our worries that year.
I was so pissed that we got rid of Frosty, just to get in May and trade Hogan. Frost may have been a bit chaotic, but he put in effort. not worse than May, and younger. What a waste of time our trading has been. A proper forward should have always been our main priority. This club has nf clue.

God that kick from Pickett I50 was absolutely horrendous....what in the * was he thinking honestly? You can't pot the coach for s**t like that.

Yeah look, that Pickett kick was atrocious but I'll put it down to inexperience. We couldn't possibly have Melbourne'd him yet.

He's not exactly surrounded by role models in that area either.

Yeah look, that Pickett kick was atrocious but I'll put it down to inexperience. We couldn't possibly have Melbourne'd him yet.

He's not exactly surrounded by role models in that area either.

No and that has been the big problem for quite a few years. Viney kick and hope while ignoring Hannan was so poor in that clip.

On "On the Couch" they talked about the need to slow down. The team is trying to play at lightning speed all the time. And this is the result EVEN when the players are free and with no pressure.

The team has some very good goal kickers, they just need to be given the opportunity by honouring leads (even if they don't hit the target). The team has a very good defence they just need to be given time to form and control the back line which is impossible with these types of turnovers.

I just hope it is not a team of athletes instead of a team of footballers.

God that kick from Pickett I50 was absolutely horrendous....what in the fu** was he thinking honestly? You can't pot the coach for sh*t like that.

I’ll posit that he was lambasted after his beautiful kick to a target inside 50 toward the end of the first. That’s not how we play at Melbourne, Kozzy. lEaRnInGs.

So same chance as the Dees winning a flag, hey?

I've pretty much accepted that I'll never see it in my lifetime. I'm 46.

It's come to point where I'll consider it a victory if we can become a consistent finals choker.

Premierships are unachievable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back