Review Dees v the Tigers: the Good, Bad & Up the Clacker

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved the following decisions in the last 5 minutes:
  • Smith's decision to bump Lynch directly in the head. He literally could not of bumped him anywhere else.
  • Hibbard's awesome deliberate handball to a tigers player with no MFC player remotely near him.
  • Oliver's 20 meter chip straight to a tigers player.
Great poise boys! Glad I went to the Youies for a ride instead of watching the game. Got home to watch the last 10 minutes.

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good: We have half a game plan
Bad: We have half a game plan
Fugly: Clarry was clearly on the toke all night... and he didn't invite me... Bastard!

Hunt and Vanders were invisible for 90% of the game so can * off. Melksham was ANB today, ordinary throughout but snagged a couple of cheapies to keep his spot.
Lockhart was poor, Oliver massacred it along with so many others.
Fritsch's hands were better but kicking was sloppy.

Basically Trac was the only genuinely good player throughout; Hannan, Hibberd and Fritta had their moments of good. Everyone else was meh or poo.

Same old s**t though: 30 mins of solid footy spread between 60 minutes of turd. If we want to be ballsy with selections axe Clarry and Tom McDonald. We'd only be adding spuds or old farts like Jones, but it'd be cathartic for a couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demons Advocate

Senior List
Jul 11, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Noah balta (yes, Noah Balta (lol NOAH BALTA)) actually outplayed our entire fwd line, simply by standing in the most dangerous position for the whole game.

I understand what we're trying to do (quick ball movement, mobile forwards) but you have to accept that sometimes (most times) you're gonna hack the ball forward under pressure or just have to bomb long.

You can't expect Fritsch / hunt / Hannan/ melksham / pickett to outpoint genuine tall defenders.

You dominate the first qtr, dominate inside 50s but don't convert. Eventually both you and the opposition realise you're no real threat.

Richmond takes it down the other end with purpose and scores based on system. Scoreboard pressure etc.

Our system is unsustainable.

What I'm trying to say is * you Goodwin, * you!

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Actually made the decision to not watch this match, first time in a long time that I actually just didn't care, it's not to say I don't care about the club, I wouldn't be on a forum sounding like a nuffie if I didn't, but our performances the past 18 months and the general state of the club has just resulted in a sense of apathy towards this group of players and coaches. I live across the road from the MCG and if I could actually attend the game today, I'd still choose to do something else with my Sunday, and I haven't felt that way since the really dark years (07-14).

So, yeah, nice one Goodwin and co (and the players) for creating that feeling again in a supporter.

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dear Simon,
Here is your team next week,
Rivers, May, Lever, Salem, Hibbo, Brayshaw Oliver Trac Harmes Bennell Kossie TMac Hannan Weid Fritsch Langdon, Max, Viney
Bench is Preuss with instructions to hurt people and you may choose 3 others.
PS Miss the plane

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
GOOD ..... Not having to listen to Goodwin spin his wheels on this game
BAD ....... I don't have enough download to waste.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dear Simon,
Here is your team next week,
Rivers, May, Lever, Salem, Hibbo, Brayshaw Oliver Trac Harmes Bennell Kossie TMac Hannan Weid Fritsch Langdon, Max, Viney
Bench is Preuss with instructions to hurt people and you may choose 3 others.
PS Miss the plane
You're letting Oliver play after that?

Heading for a Sainthood with that type of patience...

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gawn "We're gonna aim to win every single one of the next 5 games"

So what have we been doing the previous 5?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back