Preview Dees v the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, from the main board:
uRg48.jpg

One of our posters asked if Hardwick would play Watts on Vickery (which was either the most ridiculous question ever asked or, as you said, was a ploy to get a reaction...) and you all replied by having a crack at Watts. You know the rules. All you needed to do was say "No, he won't, as he'll play in the forward half like Watts" and you would have been fine.

If someone asked if Hardwick would play Watts on Vickery, then the correct reply would have been to question how and why Hardwick was telling Watts where to play.

As for having a go at your players. Yes, on the Richmond board, it's allowed, indeed, I added a few comments myself. As I said earlier, different boards, different rules...The Richmond board tends to allow more robust discussion (including from opposition supporters), especially in threads about upcoming matches. That's not to say you can't get carded there, but you can be fairly sure that if we created threads about opposition supporters, and replies calling them weak for not replying, they'd be allowed to reply in kind.

nb. I'm not complaing about the rules here, just saying they're different.

As I said...Melbourne supporters trying to provoke us in t thread, but if we reply in kind, it's cards...Or are you suggesting we reply there to the OP/posts made here?

What I am saying is that this is the MFC board, you are a guest. If you do not like what transpires, feel free to refrain from visiting.

If you would like to have some fun visit the thread I suggested.

We are not trying to provoke you. Biff is exceptional at harnessing the stereotypes of other clubs & introducing the pending rounds game with a level of humor that we enjoy as a preview.

You chose to read it because you appreciate it also, just not when its your club.

As I said if you are easily offended by some quality satire, I encourage you to refrain from reading his weekly preview, for you own protection

Please please just turn up and watch for once.... you talk passion but you guys continually dont turn up to watch..

Hopefully over 60k people...

Whilst I think the baiting of Richmond supporters in this thread to get them carded is just stupid, most of the posters on here you'll find turn up, it is more the fairweathers that don't.

Ha, deleted post no explanation.....

Talk about weak. Give it out (poorly), but can't take it?? Was a reasonable, well balanced assessment of the OP's analysis imho.

Bruise free BF moderating at its finest. :D

We are not trying to provoke you. Biff is exceptional at harnessing the stereotypes of other clubs

Or to put it another way, you can give it, but you can't take it (unless it's safely hidden away in a thread that, clearly, nobody reads, let alone contributes to).

It seems Biff has struck a very raw nerve. What fun!

His post was amusing. It's the hypocracy of taunting opposition posters and then denying them the right to reply in the same thread that is galling.

I've been on BF for almost 7 years and never had so much as a warning, let alone a card, but this kind of entrapment, coaxed along by a mod, is just pathetic.

His post was amusing. It's the hypocracy of taunting opposition posters and then denying them the right to reply in the same thread that is galling.

I've been on BF for almost 7 years and never had so much as a warning, let alone a card, but this kind of entrapment, coaxed along by a mod, is just pathetic.

Sometimes its frustrating seeing how much latitude our mods give opposition posters......but this thread makes me very, very happy that I'm the member of a board who's mods think enough of it's posters mental fortitude and resilience that we can actually take criticism as well as we can dish it out.

Yeah and an absolute joke the thread was started by a mod! Didn't even think the OP was that funny. Just Richmond supporters are all poor, dumb, uneducated bogans over and over again. Hilarious :rolleyes:

As I said...Melbourne supporters trying to provoke us in t thread, but if we reply in kind, it's cards...Or are you suggesting we reply there to the OP/posts made here?

Simple: don't read or post on the board if you don't like it. It's their board, and like all boards on Big Footy, the home team has the advantage and diplomatic immunity to express themselves as they see fit. You do not have the right of reply in the same vein.

Haterz gonna hate.You wish you had the support we have. Your entire club went into meltdown after 3 years of stinking up the AFL. We have been poor bar a couple of years for the past thirty. Jealousy is a curse my friend.

Oh, Tigers by 24 :thumbsu:

Simple: don't read or post on the board if you don't like it. It's their board, and like all boards on Big Footy, the home team has the advantage and diplomatic immunity to express themselves as they see fit. You do not have the right of reply in the same vein.

Clearly any reply from me about my opinion on this situation would be cardable, so I'll just leave it with a suggestion that any Melbourne supproters who can take it as well as dish it out, and want a bit of open discussion just have to come to the Richmond board (or name another fair board), and we'll be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the hypocracy of taunting opposition posters and then denying them the right to reply in the same thread that is galling.

Baaaahahahaha! :D

..flog post of the year contender right here :thumbsu:

Or to put it another way, you can give it, but you can't take it (unless it's safely hidden away in a thread that, clearly, nobody reads, let alone contributes to).

Telsor - you need to relax.

Here is another of the simple joys in life and I urge you to partake of it: listening to talkback radio after a Richmond defeat.

Sure, I've seen some of those photos where the Buddhist monks set fire to themselves, say, in Vietnam in the early 1960s, but they do not compare with the self-immolations on offer when 'Mike from Moe' vents his spleen on 3AW.

I am also deeply shocked - yes to the very marrow of my bones - that a non-Tigers supporter could ring up a radio station and pretend to be a Richmond supporter whilst melting down on the airwaves.

What an outrage. Such people should be brought to justice.

Richmond spontaneous combustion is a glory to behold eh, Biff?

On a side note, at a Richmond game is the only time I have been in a fight at the football, granted I was 12 and the Tiges fan was 35-40, lucky another Richmond fan leapt to my defense and they proceeded to wallop eachother until they were both ejected.

Needless to say I don't sit in the southern stand at Tigers matches any more.

And mcuzzy, you've got me beat, my dad ain't that tough :(

On a side note, at a Richmond game is the only time I have been in a fight at the football, granted I was 12 and the Tiges fan was 35-40, lucky another Richmond fan leapt to my defense and they proceeded to wallop eachother until they were both ejected.

Cormade Syl - I am deeply shocked to hear this. I trust you have recovered from this Close Encounter with the Richmond Supporter of the Feral Kind.

Elsewhere, I have frequently petitioned the local council to provide a third rubbish-bin to those households (mostly rental properties or public housing) that barrack for the Tiges. I am sick and tired of having to step over ripped up membership tickets - some with toothmarks - as I walk down the street after a Richmond defeat.

it is about time that Richmond supporters did the right thing by the planet.

High lair e us :D:D

The grog squad ferals belting the be-jesus out of each other all the way to the car park.

One of our posters asked if Hardwick would play Watts on Vickery (which was either the most ridiculous question ever asked or, as you said, was a ploy to get a reaction...) and you all replied by having a crack at Watts. You know the rules. All you needed to do was say "No, he won't, as he'll play in the forward half like Watts" and you would have been fine.

Watts is a forwardddd???????? ha ha I jest i jest

Think this could be a ripping game. I am shattered I am playing myself and cannot get to the G. The matchups within the game are going to be interesting to watch. I am hoping they go down like so:

Riewoldt v Frawley
Cotchin v Scully
Martin v Trengove
Deledio v Sylvia
Foley v Maloney
Vickery v ????
McGuane v Watts
Rance v Jurrah

Hoping they go down something like that anyway.

Can't pick a winner here...

Author: Biffinator

David:
In this post, socially awkward and virginal poster Biffinator goes undercover in an attempt to seduce the girl of his dreams Big Shazza, played here in a virtuoso performance by Jabba the Hutt.

While the post is beautifully written and starts promisingly enough, it soon denigrates into one dimensional situations and stereotypes, and is ultimately unsatisfying. Margret?

Margret:
Yes, I know. I normally like Bifffinator’s work, but is this case he could have just written ‘all Tiger supporters are fat feral bogans’ and it would have had the same comedic affect wouldn’t it? Oddly enough, the funniest part is where he meets Big Shazza and can’t get it up. It certainly raises some questions about the Biffinator doesn’t it?

David:
Well I certainly laughed. I’m giving this post 1 ½ stars.

Margret:
I like style over substance, I’m giving it 2 ½.

David * 1/2
Margret **1/2

Ahhhh, please keep up this novelty account DnM :) Very good stuff!

(3 1/2 stars)

Author: Biffinator

David:
In this post, socially awkward and virginal poster Biffinator goes undercover in an attempt to seduce the girl of his dreams Big Shazza, played here in a virtuoso performance by Jabba the Hutt.

While the post is beautifully written and starts promisingly enough, it soon denigrates into one dimensional situations and stereotypes, and is ultimately unsatisfying. Margret?

Margret:
Yes, I know. I normally like Bifffinator’s work, but is this case he could have just written ‘all Tiger supporters are fat feral bogans’ and it would have had the same comedic affect wouldn’t it? Oddly enough, the funniest part is where he meets Big Shazza and can’t get it up. It certainly raises some questions about the Biffinator doesn’t it?

David:
Well I certainly laughed. I’m giving this post 1 ½ stars.

Margret:
I like style over substance, I’m giving it 2 ½.

David * 1/2
Margret **1/2

Hard to please though you be, well done D&M.

You see, Tiger supporters: it is possible to fire back (stylishly) without overstepping the mark.

Well Biff my Train was delayed for 15 mins so thanks for giving me something to chuckle about.

I think next Snapper season I could use your help, from only a handful of baits you've had the fish running here for days, keep reeling them in.

Riewoldt v Frawley
Cotchin v Scully
Martin v Trengove
Deledio v Sylvia
Foley v Maloney
Vickery v ???? Martin
McGuane v Watts
Rance v Jurrah

Hoping they go down something like that anyway.

Can't pick a winner here...
If these contests were to happen they really could go either way, some great match ups to look forward to.

I have highlighted who I think will win the match ups, I can hope. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back