Review Dees v Tigers - the Good, Bad & Fugly on Anzac Day Eve - Rd 6, 2021

I'm not sure playing for the Melbourne footy club 'guarantees success'
The only insane thought would be to think he wouldn't consider leaving. 44 games in his 6th season. If he doesn't stay in the team this season long term then any bloke with pride would look elsewhere. Be negligent not to see if someone wants to double his pay and give him 22 games
‘Opportunity for success’ ≠ guaranteed success. Any bloke with pride would try and break into the side rather than just go and look for a game elsewhere. I don’t think he’s getting a significant pay rise if he’s not getting games, also.

I've had a great time reading the melts on the Tigers board about how we won the match from frees. To breakdown the frees that led to the shots on goal:

1. ANB benefits from a deliberate out of bounds call on Short. I'd probably be a bit miffed if it was in isolation, but Nankervis received an almost identical free kick in the 1st quarter (his shot hit the post) so there was consistency on the call.
  2. Marlion Pickett contests the ruck against TMac, runs straight into his back. Free kick every day of the week.
  3. Transition from that Rivers spoil in the 3rd, run it down the wing, ball comes to ANB who is taken high by Marlion. I mean he didn't put him in a headlock but the hand is over his shoulder, clear as day.
  4. The one that the Tigers fans are getting their knickers in a twist over - Mansell chasing Kozzie, Kozzie stops on the spot, Mansell runs into him which would have been nothing but then puts his right arm over Kozzie's shoulder and pulls him to the ground. Maybe lucky in the sense that there was afters but Mansell had some jumper and pulled Kozzie towards him in the wrestle, doubt there was any intent and the tribunal haven't even looked at it.
  5. Oliver's ordinary shot from the afters arising from the Kozzie goal. Granted I can understand their annoyance with it. I don't like those ones - if anything reckon it should be a free from the centre of the ground after a goal is kicked.
So minimum 3 of the 4 goals were justified, and maybe lucky with 1. Maybe the Tigers should look at their own discipline first before having a whinge.

Also amusing is the number of posters calling us the Shemons. Either many on their board are 12 years old, or they have an IQ of 12, it's hard to determine which :rolleyes:
The Oliver one was my favourite because it was so obviously going to happen. At the end of the day it’s the same old Richmond under the skin, can’t handle things not going their way.

‘Opportunity for success’ ≠ guaranteed success. Any bloke with pride would try and break into the side rather than just go and look for a game elsewhere. I don’t think he’s getting a significant pay rise if he’s not getting games, also.
At the same time if he ends the year with 80 snags at Casey but never gets picked he might wonder what more he has to do to get a game. Fair enough if he wants to try his hand elsewhere

Also amusing is the number of posters calling us the Shemons. Either many on their board are 12 years old, or they have an IQ of 12, it's hard to determine which :rolleyes:
An IQ of 12 is most probable

My wife took our youngest son (3 years old) down to the ground level of the Southern stand to get some food early in the second quarter. When she got back up 15 minutes later she was mortified, she came back up as was like 'wtf is going on down there with th Tigers supporters, I haven't seen that many hammered, loose, foul mouth people in years'. I just laughed and said 'It's the grog squad babe, the feralist of the feralist down there'

In retrospect i probably should have gone down there by myself to get us food, but I was in the bar enjoying my heavy beer

And tbf a couple of weeks back when the kids were away with the grandparents for a few days we were at Love Machine until 5 in the morning, so its not like she hasn't seen a loose group of people recently

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Reality is you have no bloody idea who has the best opportunity for success. This time last year StKilda were way ahead of us.

Even if he plays 15 games this year he still would have averaged less than 10 games a year for us. Team success doesn't mean much if you aren't apart of it.

I don't personally think he will go but youre nuts if you don't think he's gonna weigh it up.

At the same time if he ends the year with 80 snags at Casey but never gets picked he might wonder what more he has to do to get a game. Fair enough if he wants to try his hand elsewhere
That’s not going to happen though, if he keeps kicking big bags in the VFL he’ll definitely get picked.

Reality is you have no bloody idea who has the best opportunity for success. This time last year StKilda were way ahead of us.
Yes but I’m sure that being inside the club right now he would probably think that the Dees are in a pretty good spot and be glad he’s not at St Kilda. Just don’t think he’s going to be requesting a trade using the information available to me, but maybe he rates North’s chances.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yes but I’m sure that being inside the club right now he would probably think that the Dees are in a pretty good spot and be glad he’s not at St Kilda. Just don’t think he’s going to be requesting a trade using the information available to me, but maybe he rates North’s chances.
Yes cause North is the only other team in the league

As we've improved over the past few years I've found it considerably harder to go back and watch replays of games when at the time I thought we played extremely well. You go and watch a game like 2015 v Geelong then quickly realise you have to endure watching Dawes and Jake Spencer plodding it up. Now I'm going to find it hard to watch games from 2018 knowing that Oscar Mcdonald and Sam Frost were our key defenders.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
As we've improved over the past few years I've found it considerably harder to go back and watch replays of games when at the time I thought we played extremely well. You go and watch a game like 2015 v Geelong then quickly realise you have to endure watching Dawes and Jake Spencer plodding it up. Now I'm going to find it hard to watch games from 2018 knowing that Oscar Mcdonald and Sam Frost were our key defenders.
Was thinking today a quick comparison between 2018 finals team and Saturdays would be interesting.

I've had a great time reading the melts on the Tigers board about how we won the match from frees. To breakdown the frees that led to the shots on goal:

1. ANB benefits from a deliberate out of bounds call on Short. I'd probably be a bit miffed if it was in isolation, but Nankervis received an almost identical free kick in the 1st quarter (his shot hit the post) so there was consistency on the call.
  2. Marlion Pickett contests the ruck against TMac, runs straight into his back. Free kick every day of the week.
  3. Transition from that Rivers spoil in the 3rd, run it down the wing, ball comes to ANB who is taken high by Marlion. I mean he didn't put him in a headlock but the hand is over his shoulder, clear as day.
  4. The one that the Tigers fans are getting their knickers in a twist over - Mansell chasing Kozzie, Kozzie stops on the spot, Mansell runs into him which would have been nothing but then puts his right arm over Kozzie's shoulder and pulls him to the ground. Maybe lucky in the sense that there was afters but Mansell had some jumper and pulled Kozzie towards him in the wrestle, doubt there was any intent and the tribunal haven't even looked at it.
  5. Oliver's ordinary shot from the afters arising from the Kozzie goal. Granted I can understand their annoyance with it. I don't like those ones - if anything reckon it should be a free from the centre of the ground after a goal is kicked.
So minimum 3 of the 4 goals were justified, and maybe lucky with 1. Maybe the Tigers should look at their own discipline first before having a whinge.

Who cares about the Kozzie free anyway? Game was well and truly over.

They seem to think that the umps cost them the game too
4 ‘joke’ free kicks of which 1 was Pickett getting mauled and one was the blatant push by Marlon Pickett on TMac...talk about one eyed

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
We won by 34 after being down by 15 seven minutes into the first quarter. 8 goal turnaround. It weren’t no umpiring. We mauled them.

Back