Review Dees v Weagles - the Good, the Bad and the ugly with a cameo appearance from WCE Icon Ben Cousins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. People forget that modern footy is about the zone and the intercept defender. If you can roll around and cut off enemy supply then in modern footy, you’re doing your job as a defender.

Frost is a competition leader in that category for the last month. If we didn’t have him we’d have struggled to stop any forward. When we get Lever and May back I’d be very reluctant to drop Frost. Oscar is the first one out.
Agree with most of that. However, despite the attributes he brings I feel we almost start every game 2-3 goals down because of the headless errors that Frosty tends to make. I’m not sure his benefit totally negates that cost.

Mate it was a lot better, a lot. We sort out our kicking and lift our intensity to every week and not just one then we are top 4. It’s that simple.

I could be wrong, but while Tmac was moving around better he still doesn’t seem to be going airborne for marks like he did last year. So he’s missing a lot of marks that we would expect him to convert in the 20-35M area. When he’s fully fit I think we’ll see the 2018 Tmac.

Agree with most of that. However, despite the attributes he brings I feel we almost start every game 2-3 goals down because of the headless errors that Frosty tends to make. I’m not sure his benefit totally negates that cost.
He isn’t a clever player per say, but I feel right now he is our most important cog down back.

I could be wrong, but while Tmac was moving around better he still doesn’t seem to be going airborne for marks like he did last year. So he’s missing a lot of marks that we would expect him to convert in the 20-35M area. When he’s fully fit I think we’ll see the 2018 Tmac.
I think he is pushing through some soreness personally.

I was shocked to hear T Mac say on the club podcast this week that he had a full preseason, the way he has been playing/moving in previous weeks, I was sure he must’ve had surgery or an interrupted lead up.

His 2019 drop off has been scary.

He isn’t a clever player per say, but I feel right now he is our most important cog down back.

As a new fan who doesn’t quite get the intricacies of what it means to be “good at football” I have a soft spot for the athletic types like Hunt, Frost and now Baker (future AA). So I’ve backed Frost more than most. But if you had told me that within 15 seconds of ripping that guys guernsey off that I would yelling profanities at Frost, I wouldn’t beleiv... actually with Frost I totally believe it.

I was shocked to hear T Mac say on the club podcast this week that he had a full preseason, the way he has been playing/moving in previous weeks, I was sure he must’ve had surgery or an interrupted lead up.

Well this is a terrifying thought.

I’m going to just hope he’s full of s**t.

I didn’t see the song but did they really sing “ We’re the Eagles, Melbourne are ****” as is being reported ?
I just watched the last quarter of the replay, got into the rooms to listen to the song, from what i can hear can confirm this.

The hell is he talking about, he had a knee op in Feb! Pulled out of AFLX because of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the last quarter of the replay, got into the rooms to listen to the song, from what i can hear can confirm this.
Wouldn’t expect any less from these scummy players that need to cheat to win

Don't think the Eagles players were saying Melbourne are s**t. Can't make out what it says but it doesn't sound like Melbourne. Sounds like Our ... Something. Some lame in joke I'd say.

What did people make of Petty? We need him to be good.

The hell is he talking about, he had a knee op in Feb! Pulled out of AFLX because of it

Might have meant it was a full pre-season in that he had plenty of time to fill out his stamp collection, he played a lot of Wii sports, flew a kite, etc. Just full to the brim, you know.

Do not agree with those calling for Petracca to be dropped. Fix up set shot kicking and it is a huge turn around. I want to see him in red and blue for life and not have his natural exuberance robotocised. Also watched a few games from last year and the impact of Hannan out is underestimated I reckon.

Good shout. Not like Petracca isn’t trying. Needs some good coaching.

You guys got the full DeMargetts "practical" umpiring last night.
How can that guy be given WC games when everyone can see what he does?
The first quarter was the worst, but the last quarter not flash either. Not one decision against WC for jumping early into a Melbourne back and not getting hands to the ball, and that 3rd quarter one by Kennedy, followed straight after by a goal to him, was horrible.

Can we put the two ruckmen thing to bed? You don't need two ruckmen on the ground, and half the time its debatable whether having one is that effective. Much rather have the extra runner in the 22 than a slow, limited plodder... although many of our runners could be classified as slow, limited plodders.
Ah, the old Terry Wallace strategy.... cunning!

You guys got the full DeMargetts "practical" umpiring last night.
How can that guy be given WC games when everyone can see what he does?
The first quarter was the worst, but the last quarter not flash either. Not one decision against WC for jumping early into a Melbourne back and not getting hands to the ball, and that 3rd quarter one by Kennedy, followed straight after by a goal to him, was horrible.

Yep that one pissed me off, that was so blatant and cost is a goal right before 3qtr time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back