Review Dees v Weagles - the Good, the Bad and the ugly with a cameo appearance from WCE Icon Ben Cousins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good shout. Not like Petracca isn’t trying. Needs some good coaching.
If only we had an assistant who is really good at developing young players, took on pet project players and turned them into jets, and had basically built a premiership winning list. If only... ah well, Harmes is looking the goods at least amirite fellas?

Can’t tell if srs, you for real? If true, I might need to reconsider, but I just want to put him through a mincer so often, and those moments stick with me more than his flashy bursts (which usually end in a costly turnover anyway).

However, if he truely is somehow ranked highly in some valuable stat, I would reconsider. Although, I’d like to see how often those intercepts ended up in a favourable outcome for us, factoring the next 30 seconds each time, because see above...

Fox footy showed pre game that Frost had the most intercept possessions in the AFL for the last month, in that time our defence went from 18th to 3rd ranked.

I still don't see what he's done wrong. We need to upgrade on him, but someone has to sit on that wing.

When the 8 blokes out come back he will be one of the first gone.

Agree with most of that. However, despite the attributes he brings I feel we almost start every game 2-3 goals down because of the headless errors that Frosty tends to make. I’m not sure his benefit totally negates that cost.

That's a silly way to look at it. A mistake in defence is the same as a mistake forward except people over react down back. Frost makes mistakes, equally Garlett Tmac and Petracca probably cost us 10 goals aswell.

Frost is holding our defence together at the moment and has only played 60 games aswell, there's a chance he improves even still

Plus he takes on alot of risky kicks from the back half, he turns over some easy ones but also hits some high level kicks.

If you're referring to my comment (can't see any others) I said 'better than expected'. I expected him to be a hack kick. Was surprised to see he actually had some accuracy and depth to them.

Someone else said he was the 3rd best kick in our side.

All I hope for out of the game is that Baker doesn't over think getting caught holding the ball a few times and keeps going for it

What a find Marty Hore, he was reading the ball beautifully and he wants to mark it everytime.
He's a huge find for next year.
Gonna be interesting how we fit them in

May, Frost, Omac, Lever, Hore, Hibberd, Jetta, Salem.
I'd drop Omac out and push Salem onto the wing.

What a find Marty Hore, he was reading the ball beautifully and he wants to mark it everytime.
He's a huge find for next year.
Gonna be interesting how we fit them in

May, Frost, Omac, Lever, Hore, Hibberd, Jetta, Salem.
I'd drop Omac out and push Salem onto the wing.
Perfect replacement for Lewis.

Can't wait until society reaches a point where Artificial Intelligence can replace those maggots masquerading as umpires. Cold, non-biased correctly adjudicated decision making in an AFL match, can you imagine it? Maybe then ill be able to watch a game in Perth without wanting to vomit with disgust looking at that campaigner marguettes
If a robot could umpire it would make such nitty gritty technical decisions that people would lose their minds. Or get stuck in a logic loop and crash.

AFL rules are dumb. The climbing the post saga has really shined a light on how absurd the adjudication of this sport is. Everything can be justified, nothing is black and white, the umpires are always right.

If a robot could umpire it would make such nitty gritty technical decisions that people would lose their minds. Or get stuck in a logic loop and crash.

AFL rules are dumb. The climbing the post saga has really shined a light on how absurd the adjudication of this sport is. Everything can be justified, nothing is black and white, the umpires are always right.

And how about that Ablett elbow too

Someone else said he was the 3rd best kick in our side.

All I hope for out of the game is that Baker doesn't over think getting caught holding the ball a few times and keeps going for it
I really liked his debut game. Its not like he's going to receive a rising star nomination for it but there is definitely something to work with here. He impressed me with his kicking & while he did get caught once or twice but it might be a little adjustment period getting up to speed with AFL.

I really liked his debut game. Its not like he's going to receive a rising star nomination for it but there is definitely something to work with here. He impressed me with his kicking & while he did get caught once or twice but it might be a little adjustment period getting up to speed with AFL.

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

He didn’t seem the least bit overwhelmed by debuting on the road in basically a must win at Optus.

I vote for a brain transplant with Trac.

Don't think the Eagles players were saying Melbourne are ****. Can't make out what it says but it doesn't sound like Melbourne. Sounds like Our ... Something. Some lame in joke I'd say.

What did people make of Petty? We need him to be good.

They added a chant before starting the song this year and it’s something they’re still working on to get right. It begins with “Born is pride” or something like that

Hutchings starts it for whatever reason and cocked it up on Friday night blurting born is s**t.

Obviously born and Melbourne are going to sound the same which is why it does sound like Melbourne is s**t. Would be surprised and disappointed if he did say Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People see what they want to see. For me i thought Petty looked better than Baker. Same amount of possessions, slightly better disposal efficiency and half his possessions were contested.

Baker looked ok. Had 9 pressure acts which is good. Seemed to play a more attacking wing/flank role which is what we need. Got caught a few times and seemed to struggle with the speed of the game. Something to work with from both these guys but hardly anything to get too excited about..

They added a chant before starting the song this year and it’s something they’re still working on to get right. It begins with “Born is pride” or something like that

Hutchings starts it for whatever reason and cocked it up on Friday night blurting born is ****.

Obviously born and Melbourne are going to sound the same which is why it does sound like Melbourne is ****. Would be surprised and disappointed if he did say Melbourne
Me too, that's why I checked for myself. There's no way professional AFL players are Gunna be chanting that when they know a camera is rolling.

Loved Marty Hore, James Harmes, Harry Petty, Jayden Hunt.

Did not love Billy Stretch, that West coast player Dean Margetts
Stretch was fine. 17 touches at 71% efficiency which is ok. 4 tackles shows he's working. 16 pressure acts which was 2nd only to Oliver i think. Had 335 metres gained which is ok. I think that's a pretty good game. 4 turnovers isn't ideal and realistically you'd like your wingman to get over the 400 meters gained with a few more posessiins, but he was far from bad.

Oscar baker has an average debut and it still rated more of a mention than another ripper game from Harmes. Its amazing how slow this board is to pick up on it. If he was a high draft pick people would be going nuts.

Harmes is our best mid this year and it isn’t even close. Him and Salem will have 1/2 locked away in the B&F this year.

Oscar baker has an average debut and it still rated more of a mention than another ripper game from Harmes. Its amazing how slow this board is to pick up on it. If he was a high draft pick people would be going nuts.
Yes Harmes played well. Is it OK by you if we discuss a kid playing his first game? You are a great poster but geez its becoming a bit tiresome reading you being argumentative just for the sake of it.

Yes Harmes played well. Is it OK by you if we discuss a kid playing his first game? You are a great poster but geez its becoming a bit tiresome reading you being argumentative just for the sake of it.
A kid who had 6 kicks and got caught HTB 3 times. Harmes is our best mid yet hardly anyone has talked about him this season.

Eddie going bananas about the Smith free kick sling tackle goal.
Jetta will be suspended. Yet he got the free and resultant goal
It ended up a resultant POINT actually . Was crazy umpiring that the 2 holding the ball decisions just prior to the Jetta dangerous tackle werent paid , in fact all the players stopped because of the 2nd HTB . Dont let the facts get in the way of a good story tho Fox Footy .
Well, Melbourne had their opportunities but dead set, as usual Dean Margetts , player number 23 for the Eagles made the crucial decisions and non - decisions to get the the Eagles back in the game. the same true and tried method they do against Freo all the time.
I thought Margetts was banned from officiating Eagles matches.
Bad luck Demons, good game all night.

https://www.change.org/p/gillon-mclachlan-dean-margetts-jeff-daglish-no-more-derby-umpiring-games

So to sum up , for the first 3/4 our plan had the Eagles on the back foot , but our inability to put it on the score board kept the Eagles close enough to still be in it. The last quarter started and continued to be a highlights reel of missed handballs , turnovers by hand and foot , sloppy frees given away , followed by moving away from the plan and just bombing it into the forward 50 .
Ironic that our best 3/4 performance this season still wasn't good enough to beat a not very convincing Eagles .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back