Review Dees v West Coast Eagles in Perf: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Round 21, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty bad day for Fritsch. Only positive thing he did was take a good contested mark at the 50, but then he immediately Melbourned it.

Last edited:

Pretty bad day for Fritsch. Only positive thing he did was take a good contested mark at the 50, and then he immediately effed it by playing on from a hopeless position.
He cost me my multi but hard in those conditions for him. Marking third forward types really are the ones that lose out when it becomes that swirly s**t.

I’ve calmed down slightly after that scare in the last 15 minutes, was a bizarre scenario and we came out flat, confident it would’ve been a comfortable win if not for the lightening break.

But anyway, we’re top of the ******* ladder and have secured a top 4 spot, how good is that?

That third quarter was brilliant and won us the game, we strangled them, asserted dominance and took our chances, was the sort of footy we all want to see.

Bests: BBrown, Nib, Petty.

Ugly: It’s 11:43pm on a Monday and I’m too ******* pumped up to get to sleep.

It is an undisputable fact the Eagles have a serious advantage at their home ground in regard to the umpiring. I'm bloody stoked with the win tonight, I know negative campaigners will complain they came back but that was a bizarre scenario and we are top 4 for the first time in 21 years.
So why spend all game banging on about it when you can still win in spite of it? Can't be that influential if we were 33 points up despite getting reamed apparently

Regardless strangest ever ending to put us on top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad someone else noticed this. The two get in rhe way of each other all the time.

Feel like Viney offers more than Sparrow at this stage though.

Really liked Viney at HFF against the Dogs? He can play the burst player off the bench/hff/sometimes inside role and give Harmes the bulk of the inside minutes.

That Harmes goal where he won the clearance at half back, kept running and slotted it from 50 was vintage Harmes.

Comrades, is there a more meaningless existence than living in Perf, drinking that pool-grade tap water and barracking for the Eagles? One St Kilda supporter is worth 5000 of their Eagles equivalent. That said, they will resume their usual bully boy role tonight and roll us by 9 points
I think we will win by about that

******* hell that was well too stressful for a Monday night:

-Nibbler, best game for the club!?
- Jackson, I can't see a world where he isn't the best player in the league in 5 years.
-Harmes best game in ages.
-Bowey! Very Very solid.

- Hurts to say but AVB is done.
- West Coast fans bunch of pissweak bogans.

- Brian Taylor is our games biggest embarrassment.

Pretty tough position for the players to be put in. The break killed our momentum and gave WC a chance to reset. One side came back out trying to ice the game, the other threw caution to the wind and attacked at all costs. It was ugly viewing but our players got it done and are deserving of the result.

Really liked Bowey's game. Not worried about him getting caught late - I love that he looks to create.

Jackson continues to grow. Will rip a game apart at some point in the next 12 months.

I'm also usually critical of Harmes but his drive was important tonight.

Finally, I'm loving the whining happening elsewhere on this site at the moment. Particularly after that first half...my goodness.

Who knew a 200cm bloke with fu**en cricket bats for arms could take a contested mark? Brown was excellent as the #1 target in tricky conditions.

Jacko showing more and more. Marking and touch was excellent tonight.

Bowey is a jet. So clean. Only really made 1 error for the night amongst 20 possessions. Love him.

Nibbs maybe one of our best in game 100. Made great decisions all night and kicked a couple.

Nice to see Melky get on the end of a few and keep Gov relatively quiet.

Harmes had some great passages and thrived with no Viney in the side
Yes. More Harmes and less Viney.

******* hell that was well too stressful for a Monday night:

-Nibbler, best game for the club!?
- Jackson, I can't see a world where he isn't the best player in the league in 5 years.
-Harmes best game in ages.
-Bowey! Very Very solid.

- Hurts to say but AVB is done.
- West Coast fans bunch of pissweak bogans.

- Brian Taylor is our games biggest embarrassment.
I raise you....

95192CC1-5693-430E-B984-4E5DFEDECA47.jpeg

the channel 7 broadcast in general is a disgrace, just people screaming catchphrases at the audience. Appointment of Leppa recently has been good as he provides decent analysis. Richo is a likeable bloke so he can stay. Daisy is good but not on enough, the rest can go and get ****ed.

Comrades, is there a more meaningless existence than living in Perf, drinking that pool-grade tap water and barracking for the Eagles? One St Kilda supporter is worth 5000 of their Eagles equivalent. That said, they will resume their usual bully boy role tonight and roll us by 9 points
Damascus isn’t great this time of year.

the channel 7 broadcast in general is a disgrace, just people screaming catchphrases at the audience. Appointment of Leppa recently has been good as he provides decent analysis. Richo is a likeable bloke so he can stay. Daisy is good but not on enough, the rest can go and get f’ed.
Leppa has no neck on him. He looks like Gladstone Small.

the channel 7 broadcast in general is a disgrace, just people screaming catchphrases at the audience. Appointment of Leppa recently has been good as he provides decent analysis. Richo is a likeable bloke so he can stay. Daisy is good but not on enough, the rest can go and get f’ed.
Yeah it’s horrific. Taylor is the worst I can remember. Robert Walls was bad. If Spargo was having a bad game he’d say ‘give him a run in the ruck’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back