Review Dees v West Horsham Crows: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: Oliver's hands
Bad: Bedford's gimme
Ugly: 23-9 free kicks. Cheers you white maggots.

Is that so?

Apologies to Imet for the misrepresentation there.

How good was Ronnie really, Dwarf?
He was brilliant PG,very skillful, a terrific leader, and as hard as a Cat's head. Flower was one of the most sublime and skillful footballers I have ever seen, was a joy to watch, such a pity he played in probably our worst ever era. And Oliver is without a doubt the best since those two.

Mitch Brown > Sam Weideman

Mitch Brown > Sam Weideman
Brown broke even with ROB when he was in the ruck and was far better around the ground. If Jackson is still out then Brown has to play over Weed

Great win when you consider the Crows have Burgo and we dont, we would have won by 20 goals if you swapped the high performance managers

Was annoying how we ran out of legs in that game and couldnt keep our lead.

s**t effort one on one by May against Walker late. Burgo did all he could to get us over the line.

Now on the same amount of wins as last year after 15 games, but with an 11% healthier percentage
Last year we won five more games for the year, lost one and drew one. Our wins came against 16th, 15th, 9th, 4th and 3rd. Our loss came against the Dogs (2nd) and our draw came against Hawthorn (14th).

This year we close out the season playing currently 2nd, 12th, 10th, 4th, 6th, 5th, and 3rd.

Definitely harder draw this time around, lot of 8 point games. Probably need to win 5 of 7 with wins against other top 4 sides to secure top 2.

Last edited:
Very good: Lever, Viney, Trac, Oliver

Good: everyone else not mentioned.

Bad: Weid (rucking was ok but by God terrible marking and giving away soft frees). Goal accuracy.

Ugly: Crows crowd.

Diabolical: Umpiring.
we don't agree on much, but good call on Weideman. I think anyone who gives away a dumb ruck infringement free in the forward 50 should have their match payments taken away. To give away a free in the ruck is equivalent to leaving a putt short when putting for a PGA championship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geel (away), Freo (in Perth), Carl, Coll, Bris (away). I'm looking forward to seeing how we go. If we can win 3 out of 5 it's a massive win.
Due to scheduling, The Western™️ will be challenging as they're coming off an eight-day break, whereas we're coming in off a six-day break after playing in the NT. Anything to even the playing field

we don't agree on much, but good call on Weideman. I think anyone who gives away a dumb ruck infringement free in the forward 50 should have their match payments taken away. To give away a free in the ruck is equivalent to leaving a putt short when putting for a PGA championship.

Attachments

• images.jpeg-6.jpg
    images.jpeg-6.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 22
Good - A win on the road without a recognized ruck .
- Our midfield having to pull their collective fingers out and being the difference .
- Our defence standing strong late when it was needed.
Not so good - Why take JVR to Adelaide , would have been great for him to be the No 1 forward at Casey for once .
- Weiderman is not a ruck. Lets hope both Jackson and Gawn are back soon .
- Ben Brown maybe carrying something. Looks nothing like the player he was late last season.
Ugly - The club should take a video of this match to the AFL and ask for a please explain for some of the umpiring .
- The Fox commentary for our game was like they thought they were talking to kindergarten kids . And 7 can get stuffed too .

Bad: One thing I don’t understand, and Melbourne did it a few times yesterday, is the dump kick out of the backline in the air.

When under extreme pressure why not dump kick a mongrel along the ground instead of floating it up to “the wall” around 40-60 metres out?

It’s not just Melbourne, West Coast have done a couple against Richmond this afternoon too.

Maybe the analytics boffins have run the numbers and the aerial dump kick is still better odds to not give up a goal than the ground level dump kick.

I actually feel this was a very good win. Crows played very well and bar a few errors were on even terms for the most part. Always hard to win over there.

Good

Intercept marks. Think we broke our club record

Trac back to his best. Feel like he's turned a corner last 2 games

Oliver's hands. Wowee. So good at putting his team mate in an attacking position

Backline. Looks stable again. Loved the Walker/May battle. Tex on top early then May got on top after that. Even battle

Pressure. Has been where it needs to be last 2 weeks. Need to sustain that now

Langdon. Given space he's so damaging.

Bad

Weid. Although I feel he battled ok, his effort was there, he was just clumsy and couldn't take a mark to save himself. Mitch Brown looked so much better in ruck tbh

Tall forwards. Still struggling to have much impact. Our scoring is starting to come back but that's been from our mids mainly. Need more from Brown mainly.

Ugly

Umpires. I can't remember a game where it was so one sided. I think we only got like 5 free kicks in play. Wtf is that? It's ok to put the whistle away, in fact I prefer it, but don't then go paying all these tiggy touchwood frees to the home team.

Was there ever a b
Last year we won five more games for the year, lost one and drew one. Our wins came against 16th, 15th, 9th, 4th and 3rd. Our loss came against the Dogs (2nd) and our draw came against Hawthorn (14th).

This year we close out the season playing currently 2nd, 12th, 10th, 4th, 6th, 5th, and 3rd.

Definitely harder draw this time around, lot of 8 point games. Probably need to win 5 of 7 with wins against other top 4 sides to secure top 2.

If we win 5 out of 7 we'll finish first, the top 6 is very close this year and other teams will drop games. I've been guilty of it too but everyone always assume the other clubs win all their games and we go 50/50.

Good - A win on the road without a recognized ruck .
- Our midfield having to pull their collective fingers out and being the difference .
- Our defence standing strong late when it was needed.
Not so good - Why take JVR to Adelaide , would have been great for him to be the No 1 forward at Casey for once .
- Weiderman is not a ruck. Lets hope both Jackson and Gawn are back soon .
- Ben Brown maybe carrying something. Looks nothing like the player he was late last season.
Ugly - The club should take a video of this match to the AFL and ask for a please explain for some of the umpiring .
- The Fox commentary for our game was like they thought they were talking to kindergarten kids . And 7 can get stuffed too .
Commentary was truly dreadful, but I did like the incredible amounts of time they spent crapping on about the brilliance of Oliver. This kind of content I could listen to all day. Shame about the rest of the bollocks though

Commentary was truly dreadful, but I did like the incredible amounts of time they spent crapping on about the brilliance of Oliver. This kind of content I could listen to all day. Shame about the rest of the bollocks though
This is the joy of being the best team in the comp and reigning premier. Everyone loves the underdog. Commentators will always try boosting up the non favourite. Unfortunately we have to cop it during most games where it seems the commentary team is against us. BT is a perennial Dees hater though. Hard to get much praise out of that guy. Lyon and Healy always seemed too harsh and bitter when we played. That's changed tbf. I think also when you play interstate and you have the crowd factor, it's only natural I guess to get lifted by the crowd when commentating on the game. I've heard worse than what we copped on Saturday.

With 12th and 10th being two of last year’s preliminary finalists lol. In fact we play all three of the other PFs in the next three weeks.

I had to put up with the SEN call at various times on Saturday, if you think Fox Footy was bad, these guys are atrocious to listen to. They had Tyson Edwards on their commentary team, and he played 321 games for the Crows, did you know that? Because I reckon they said it at least 5 times in the ~45 minutes I listened to...

I had a chuckle to myself when they showed the graphic in the last quarter of scores from free kicks. Bit hard for us to scores from frees when we didn't receive a free kick within 75 metres from goal (I'm not exaggerating there either, I think the free to Lever for Fogarty punching him in the guts was about 5m in front of centre and the rest were in the middle or in our defensive half).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back