Review Dees v West Horsham Crows - the Good, Bad & Ever-So-Dee-ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats dumb is expecting the team to play like this but then getting pissed when the umpires arbitrarily pick free kicks.
You can't control when the umpires are going to decide to pay free kicks but you can bring an aggressive edge to the game.

I agree with this, the umpires were paying high tackles last night where players were hitting around the upper shoulder region, i didn't realise above biceps was a new rule, must've been in this weeks guidelines.

So often now players do try to pull up and be extra cautious and do the right thing, but if they make slight incidental contact it's a free kick anyway. Well bugger that, might as well just go through with it. I'm not wanting our players to do anything malicious or purposefully nasty or anything off the balll, but yeh play as aggressively as possible aiming for that fine line in the contest because the reality these days is the free count will end up the same anyway, a lot.

Salem gets himself into trouble so often by always trying to get onto his left, drove me absolutely nuts this game. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a guy probably on $500k to spend a couple of hours a week practicing to kick on his opposite foot.

Salem gets himself into trouble so often by always trying to get onto his left, drove me absolutely nuts this game. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a guy probably on $500k to spend a couple of hours a week practicing to kick on his opposite foot.
Three one where he was on 50 and instead of kicking it he turned into 2 tacklers. Terrible footy

That kick when he turned it over straight to Adelaide player was the biggest wtf moment of the year. And that's saying something.

Had to have thought he was kicking it to Melbourne player for whatever reason, I've tried to understand the kick and looked at the replay several times, there's not a Melbourne player within cooee.

Dude needs to get his eyes tested.

That's fair enough, I think he can play better also. Just don't think he's been as bad as lot of people are making out.

Teams rarely go with 3 talls these days, I reckon with May and now Tomlinson back there we have the correct setup.

Completely agree (except not sold on Tomlinson).

Important to not let the contract influence how we think of a players performance vs other players.

Yes, we want to get value for money and he's not giving us that week in week out just yet - but he's performing solidly and much better than anyone who would replace him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back