Review Dees v West Horsham Crows - the Good, Bad & Ever-So-Dee-ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Good the last quarter
The way we defended the ground in the second half.
Thought the backline looked good.
Oliver had some learnings

Bad the umpiring really kept them in it.
Adelaide what happened to them? Grand finalists to being neeld esq. How many games did we see in 2012 where we were 'in it' only to get blown away in a quarter.

Ugly Jackson's hair cut

Didn’t feel like a 51 point win, our issues were still obvious throughout the night, just saved by a vintage Melbourne 2018 performance in the last quarter, albeit against a feeble opposition.

Will save judgement for when we play North, if we lose that match then our path going forward really needs to be questioned.

Still, feels good to win.

Think it was a positive - Adelaide are poor but they applied some good pressure in the first 3 quarters.

I think we had the balance of play in Q2/3 but made critical mistakes when we had chances to finish.

Good: Oliver was excellent. Jackson will be an absolute gun. Weid competed really well. Brayshaw started to execute some nice kicks.

Bad: Jones is surely done as much as it pains me to say. Just too slow and ineffective.

Ugly: Langdon. So many fumbles.

Jesus, the f*cking trash from Derm and Ed after (and during that match). Apparently no one showed the disrespect that AVB showed in the 'olden days'. ANB's tackle is the last straw and the one that needs to be made example of. Oh yeah, after all the crapping on about 'denigration' of people off the ball, apparently Lockhart is allowed to be bumped off the ball while he's limping off, but if he pushes back, that's weeks./ * me, how do these people have jobs?

3 very frustrating quarters and one great one.
Gus looked good again. Oliver great, Viney solid again. Trac had some beautiful touches.
Jackson played well (Weid too). Didn't get a heap of it but used their touches very well. They worked well together.

Bad:
Harmes was a butcher. Langdon his apprentice.
Bennell was unsighted bar his goal. Sloppy skills really let us down in the first 3 quarters. Still need so much work on our composure and setup to find space for each other. Crows had Seed or someone just floating around the back of every stoppage and we let them have it but never set up a spare outside ourselves.
Lever needs to learn to mark again.

Ugly
Umpiring was confusing most of the night. We got some soft ones, but were stooged hard on a lot of calls. Plenty missed each way too. Htb is ****ed atm. Vanders giving up that dumb free at QT was verrrrry frustrating.
ANB. What a putrid return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: Oliver was excellent. Jackson will be an absolute gun. Weid competed really well. Brayshaw started to execute some nice kicks.

Bad: Jones is surely done as much as it pains me to say. Just too slow and ineffective.

Ugly: Langdon. So many fumbles.
Yeah I like that Langdon crept forward more with Tomlinson in the side but he was so unclean, turned everything to s**t. Plenty of passengers tonight and he was one of them along with Jones. Not sure what Tomlinson's role was, really.

Agree with much of what's been said.

Good:
Oliver at his explosive best.
Jackson showing plenty. Was worried he was too undersized to play this year but he's competing.
Weideman proving a reliable target.
Lever playing well against Adelaide.

Bad:
AVB reversing the free. Stupid and unnecessary.
ANB, Langdon and sadly, Jones.

Ugly:
Our first half. Not enough composure across the board and terrible disposal. Have to be better.

Jesus, the f*cking trash from Derm and Ed after (and during that match). Apparently no one showed the disrespect that AVB showed in the 'olden days'. ANB's tackle is the last straw and the one that needs to be made example of. Oh yeah, after all the crapping on about 'denigration' of people off the ball, apparently Lockhart is allowed to be bumped off the ball while he's limping off, but if he pushes back, that's weeks./ fu** me, how do these people have jobs?
Derm showed heaps of respect to Rayden Tallis when when he trod on his face.

Really liked Jackson's game, particularly that he won't lock arms and wrestle with opponents in the ruck around the ground, he prefers to take the run a up and jump, that's going to throw a lot of opposition teams out if he sticks to his guns on that
Makes oppo rucks panic with his athleticism. Will take something special to stop him in a few years.

Jesus, the f*cking trash from Derm and Ed after (and during that match). Apparently no one showed the disrespect that AVB showed in the 'olden days'. ANB's tackle is the last straw and the one that needs to be made example of. Oh yeah, after all the crapping on about 'denigration' of people off the ball, apparently Lockhart is allowed to be bumped off the ball while he's limping off, but if he pushes back, that's weeks./ fu** me, how do these people have jobs?

Enjoyed Lockhart fighting back and just going on with it after that adelaide bloke took a cheap shot at him while he was half keeled over, liked seeing that he can hold his own

Yeah I like that Langdon crept forward more with Tomlinson in the side but he was so unclean, turned everything to sh*t. Plenty of passengers tonight and he was one of them along with Jones. Not sure what Tomlinson's role was, really.
Thought Tomlinson was good. Kept his width, floated back and took some marks, was part of some switches and presented along the boundary for some handball overlaps but wasn't used.

We need players doing this in our team even if they don't get much of it.

Dunno why fox footy are rallying against little pushes after someone wins a free. Its been a thing forever. Very hollier than thou from these brain damaged former players.

GOOD
Beating those scum by 51 points

Viney 😍 oliver 🤩

Weid and Jackson, got some confidence

stevie May not taking s**t from anybody

Lever owning Adelaide forwards

BAD
We were bad guys. We "managed" crows for 3/4 then ran over em. Good sides smash us.

Tex

UGLY
We'll play slightly less good next week then get belted by a probably out of form Collingwood the week after

...and the misery continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back