Review Dees v West Horsham Crows @ World's End: the Good, Bad & Fugly, Rd 11, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a very good little game. Takes the game on too.
When he took on 3 crows players to kick it backwards because there were no options, made logical sense. He seems like he has faith in his ability and isn't jaded yet by the MFC. Good on him.

Last edited:
You should have won that game tonight and that game against West Coast.

You need to get rid of Goodwin, he's too soft, getting a bake from him would be like getting a bake from a primary school teacher.

You need a hard arse coach like a Ron Barassi circa 1970s that isn't afraid to throw a few f bombs around to get the best out of your players.

We have the same problem with Richo, he's too mild mannered, what I would give for a Ken Sheldon that had a bit of fire and brimstone about him.
Richo is an alright coach, but he's surely an improvement over say Watters?

Gary Pert special
Sorry to intrude, but does Melbourne actually select the clubs it plays in the Territory? I have now been up to Darwin twice, and to be frank the crowd split is usually 70:30 Crows to Dees. Behind Essendon, we are easily the best supported side in Darwin so doesnt make a huge amount of sense to me

Sorry to intrude, but does Melbourne actually select the clubs it plays in the Territory? I have now been up to Darwin twice, and to be frank the crowd split is usually 70:30 Crows to Dees. Behind Essendon, we are easily the best supported side in Darwin so doesnt make a huge amount of sense to me
Didnt we play you last year up north? I know we get WC in Alice.
(Last year just after Hogan went down with his illnesses)

That last quarter. Wow. Shat the bed. Completely. Explosive diarrhea-style. A truly remarkable effort.

The only more apt ending would have been if Spargo took that final mark, and failed to make the distance from 25m.
Buddha's inate understanding of suffering came from him being a lifelong Melbourne supporter. True story.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Our club isn't worthy of being Buddha's dick hole.

I don't know if MFC supporter-induced psychosis is a real thing, but it should be.

So so rich coming from the squib himself. The same bloke that booked a spare seat on the return flight of the 2017 GF for the cup to sit on rofl! The same bloke who has spent the last 2 yrs being a complete liability for his club that begrudgingly picks him each week because he's a captain. The same bloke who thinks leading my example is giving a push to an opponent after his teammate has done all the hard work to kick a goal. Jog on Tex and try and earn yourself a hard ball next time.
So you're saying you wont take him for a 3rd rounder at end of season?

I think you should step back and look at the last quarter. You should have won the match, but goal kicking was the difference. You were the better team, just lacked the finishing in the last. 1 goal 8 says it all.

Obviously I'm glad we won, but I don't feel we deserved it.

Good luck for the rest of the season...genuinely hope you string some form together and make a push for finals.

Lol, this crazy team! We had a really bad last quarter this week after having a fantastic last quarter last week! Lol! Something something wasn't junktime this week.

Get some nourishment out of that loss, Goody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should have won that game tonight and that game against West Coast.

You need to get rid of Goodwin, he's too soft, getting a bake from him would be like getting a bake from a primary school teacher.

You need a hard arse coach like a Ron Barassi circa 1970s that isn't afraid to throw a few f bombs around to get the best out of your players.

We have the same problem with Richo, he's too mild mannered, what I would give for a Ken Sheldon that had a bit of fire and brimstone about him.
Unfortunately modern day players don’t respond to that style of coaching anymore, so don’t see that happening!

Well watched the first half, went to work thinking we looked good lowering the eyes. Watched the 2nd half after, like a completely different game.

Poor Weid. Wasn't alone in choking.

What I didn't understand was why did we press so high up in the last that we had no space for forward craft and a shitload in behind for the crowd to work in.

There's a very real chance we might be last in a few weeks lol

I do not want to hear any public comment from any player or coach representing MFC. The actions never match the rhetoric. Total media blackout until they are a consistently winning team, which of course I will never live to see.

It's taken me a long time, but I'm writing off Oscar McDonald. I haven't been a defender of him but have been happy to give him time. He's not getting better. Would be the worst one on one player in the side and he's a key back. Can't defend, doesn't intercept and barely gets a touch otherwise. Needs to drift off into the record books and finish up playing country footy.

Have had a gutful of watching this bloke panic, turn his back to the ball and give away free kicks for holding, which usually don't matter as his opponent marks it anyway. Can't remember the last time he effected a spoil. Has no intent in the way he does anything.

Frost is 5x the player Omac is. Hore is already streets ahead. I cant wait to get May and Lever in and never see Oscar again.

We could have played Spargo on Jenkins for the same result last night.

It's taken me a long time, but I'm writing off Oscar McDonald. I haven't been a defender of him but have been happy to give him time. He's not getting better. Would be the worst one on one player in the side and he's a key back. Can't defend, doesn't intercept and barely gets a touch otherwise. Needs to drift off into the record books and finish up playing country footy.

Have had a gutful of watching this bloke panic, turn his back to the ball and give away free kicks for holding, which usually don't matter as his opponent marks it anyway. Can't remember the last time he effected a spoil. Has no intent in the way he does anything.

Frost is 5x the player Omac is. Hore is already streets ahead. I cant wait to get May and Lever in and never see Oscar again.

We could have played Spargo on Jenkins for the same result last night.

I sadly agree. Hopefully he comes good one day but it needs to be at Casey.

I do not want to hear any public comment from any player or coach representing MFC. The actions never match the rhetoric. Total media blackout until they are a consistently winning team, which of course I will never live to see.

Well I for one would like to hear about the journey, the brand, how much the players are hurting and how we'll learn from this experience.

The first half was good , the last quarter proved just what a bunch of muppets we have in the coach's box on match day this season. Seriously Weiderman missing the last shot shouldn't let any of the other misses in that quarter off the hook either . Our team looks like a group so scared of making a mistake that they end up totally messing it up. That belongs to the coaching group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back