Review Dees v West Horsham Crows @ World's End: the Good, Bad & Fugly, Rd 11, 2019

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The first half was good , the last quarter proved just what a bunch of muppets we have in the coach's box on match day this season. Seriously Weiderman missing the last shot shouldn't let any of the other misses in that quarter off the hook either . Our team looks like a group so scared of making a mistake that they end up totally messing it up. That belongs to the coaching group.

That is on the players more than the coach.

Garlett dropped a no pressure mark, that should have been an easy goal.
Harmes and and Smith missed goals they really should have kicked.
Weid's miss, well I would put that down to pressure so a free pass there due to experience.

If I start looking at the details, Brayshaw kicking out of a centre clearance on two occasions did not even look up, just banged it into the forward 50. This team does not need that.

A massive amount of positives came out of that game I thought. But that last half the players have to own that, I don't think that is coaching.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Weid's miss, well I would put that down to pressure so a free pass there due to experience.

If I start looking at the details, Brayshaw kicking out of a centre clearance on two occasions did not even look up, just banged it into the forward 50. This team does not need that.

A massive amount of positives came out of that game I thought. But that last half the players have to own that, I don't think that is coaching.

Yeah Brayshaw is a ******* moron. He had time and space and he didn't even look to see if there was a forward to kick to just hacked it forward.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
The entire crowd were barracking for the Crows, no other club in the league would be dumb enough to gift another club with an extra home game.

Except us.

We are easily the dumbest club in the league, everything we do is comical.
No
You’re not the dumbest

You haven’t sent your home game to China !

Honestly , we have been snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since the 2017 GF

It’s devastating

You’ve got injuries and the 1.8 in the last are the reasons you lost

Believe me - I’m not taking too many positives from this !

Major Colvin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
So

So rich coming from the squib himself. The same bloke that booked a spare seat on the return flight of the 2017 GF for the cup to sit on rofl! The same bloke who has spent the last 2 yrs being a complete liability for his club that begrudgingly picks him each week because he's a captain. The same bloke who thinks leading my example is giving a push to an opponent after his teammate has done all the hard work to kick a goal. Jog on Tex and try and earn yourself a hard ball next time.

Absolutely. Tex is the biggest joke of a captain in the league. Squib who shat the bed worse than Weid or any of our blokes ever could.

Dumb coward

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
The good was at one point kicking 9.4.58 and putting heaps of scoreboard pressure on. For once we were kicking straight. It looked like a side that was transitioning well, hitting targets, and just finishing off the good work. Gawn was great around the ground even though he lost the hit out count :oops:.

The bad is the same old same old. You don’t kick straight you don’t win. 30 scoring shots to 20 and we lose by 2 points. As a percentage of analysing goals v points we kicked a goal 4/10 times from our opportunities, compared with Adelaide at 7/10. There’s your game. Forget the Weidemann goal.

The ugly is Collingwood next week. Losing to Fremantle they’ll be absolutely breathing fire to make amends and they’ll know we are easy pickings. We will probably be in it at half time but get blown away in the second half.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne

I agree with all you posted apart from this , and while the players have to own the last quarter , there are things that appear in match after match from the same culprits and they are either not listening , or are incapable of improving . Anyway as you say there were some good signs , it just worries me that Goodwin appears to have one game plan and is welded to it .

Well I for one would like to hear about the journey, the brand, how much the players are hurting and how we'll learn from this experience.

I'm going to stick with them coz Goody asked me to, everyone's hurting, the players, the coaches, it's not just you mate.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely. Tex is the biggest joke of a captain in the league. Squib who shat the bed worse than Weid or any of our blokes ever could.

Dumb coward
Jones sure doesn't squib the ball forward without even looking every ******* time he gets it does he. We all know he's only there because he's been with us so long and we don't want another Brad Green-vest situation. The bloke looks like he couldn't inspire a speech at a wedding

We should come up with generic coaches messages during the off-season, feels as though we hear the message every week anyway

I mean look at the message last night " our accuracy cost us" ...well * i never thought of that, im so happy Goody is able to share inside info like that with the members.

If we are going to take the piss then do it 100%, generaric coaches messages and template's in 2020 please Perty.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The sooking about Walker doing a regulation post game interview are hilarious.
* is

(Sooking ‘is’ hilarious, sooks ‘are’ hilarious)

This weeks grammatical post was brought to you courtesy of Proper Gander enterprises. Tune in next week where we have some great fun with the apostrophe

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel like not playing Preuss is just dumb football at this stage.

Your defense is at sea, Gawn is arguably the best mark in the league. Common sense strategy. Gawn rucks the centre and defensive half. For the forward half, Preuss drags up the ground and rucks. Gawn stays a kick behind play to intercept. Preuss opponent does the same for opposition team. Unless you are playing Eagles or Hawthorn who have Sicily and McGovern, you are going to be ahead in that strategy every other game.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

"there are things that appear in match after match from the same culprits and they are either not listening , or are incapable of improving ."

If you are saying these players should be dropped and the coach is to blame for not doing it. Then I am 100% with you.

This is a good list I believe, May coming in for O.McDonald will be one of those decisions that needs to be made.

* is

This weeks grammatical post was brought to you courtesy of Proper Gander enterprises. Tune in next week where we have some great fun with the apostrophe
Couldn't hit us with a full stop at the end there?

Luckily my phone went flat when I was watching halfway through the last so I was spared the indignation of watching that finale. However it was on the cards all night; our defence was rubbish throughout for the most part. We were lucky Jenkins spudded it up early and we were nailing most of our chances or we'd have been trailing much earlier. Butchering so many chances in the last really shits me. It seems we've forgotten how to close games out in 6 months (if we ever really learned it).

Also I'm jumping on the dump O McDonald bandwagon. Was a very poor performance and was flattered by Jenk nuffing chances in the first half. Goes to ground too easily and often trails his opponent on leads. Might be ok depth, but we can't carry him anymore.

On the plus side Baker looks good, has some composure and uses space well. Weid looked much better than earlier in the season, moved well, took some strong marks. At least there is some honesty in the 'hurting' line this week as Sam did look pretty cut up at the end. Hopefully it's something he learns and gets better from, rather than drags his confidence down. Hunt has actually turned into a half decent forward, leads well has an alright set of hands and is improving his set shots.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
"there are things that appear in match after match from the same culprits and they are either not listening , or are incapable of improving ."

If you are saying these players should be dropped and the coach is to blame for not doing it. Then I am 100% with you.

This is a good list I believe, May coming in for O.McDonald will be one of those decisions that needs to be made.
I assume Goodwin isn't sole selector , and our injury list has not helped us , but until we become ruthless like the hawks (dropping Roughead for eg ) we won't get anywhere . Jones had a good game on the whole , but in the last Q when the team needed our leaders to set an example , he was one of many that just blindly bombed it forward . Am not suggesting we drop Jones but he should maybe start thinking about retiring , as should Lewis and Jeffy at the end of this season . We shall see .

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I assume Goodwin isn't sole selector , and our injury list has not helped us , but until we become ruthless like the hawks (dropping Roughead for eg ) we won't get anywhere . Jones had a good game on the whole , but in the last Q when the team needed our leaders to set an example , he was one of many that just blindly bombed it forward . Am not suggesting we drop Jones but he should maybe start thinking about retiring , as should Lewis and Jeffy at the end of this season . We shall see .

All 3 of Jones Lewis Garlett should retire but think only Lewis and Garlett will go.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Turned the game off with 5 minutes to go and went to a party, knowing we'd choke it

Honestly was pleasantly surprised to see how much of a farce those 5 minutes became - impressive

Frost has convincingly won the audition against OMAC, who looks a lost cause at this stage. How many times does the guy want to spoil the ball into dangerous positions? Christ almighty

~The Journey Continues~

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
* is

Could I suggest the following as the basis of next weeks apostrophe lesson.
The midfielders skills arent of sufficient quality to take full advantage of Max Gawns sublime taps to advantage. Brayshaws perceived pressure means he cant hit targets while Olivers superhuman speed wont be of benefit until the normal players reflexes catch up. This was succinctly paraphrased in the co-captains interview after the match; as in "theyre not learning their learnings."

Last edited:
Back