Review Dees v West Horsham - Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

JVR was s**t outside that good mark and goal, really really bad game, very unsure of himself and not flying for marks, content on wrestling which isnt his game. But * me we do absolutely nothing to help a KPF. Just bomb it packs of 5 constantly and expect them to somehow get themselves going living off needing to take contested pack marks. Its little wonder his confidence is low and hes out of sorts. Put him in GWS, see what they have done with Hogan and youre looking at a completely different player.

TLDR: JVR is starting to be Melbourne'd. I said about a year ago around this time vs Essendon that we'd ruin him and turn him into Chris Dawes. Looking right on target.

Don't waste money on a big name KPF. They all look the same in our system.

JVR was s**t outside that good mark and goal, really really bad game, very unsure of himself and not flying for marks, content on wrestling which isnt his game. But * me we do absolutely nothing to help a KPF. Just bomb it packs of 5 constantly and expect them to somehow get themselves going living off needing to take contest pack marks. Its little wonder his confidence is low and hes out of sorts. Put him in GWS, see what they have done with Hogan and youre looking at a completely different player.

TLDR: JVR is starting to be Melbourne'd. I said about a year ago around this time vs Essendon that we'd ruin him and turn him into Chris Dawes. Looking right on target.

Don't waste money on a big name KPF. They all look the same in our system.

BBB just needs to go and it’ll be a good start. We also have too many guys flying still, chemistry will improve over time so let’s settle the forward 6 asap.

Good: McVee, Chandler, Sparrow. May was surprising too, very impactful, I was anticipating he would have a quiet game.

Bad: Watching JVR, Brown, Petty and Fritsch appeal for free kicks every time the ball is in their vicinity is getting insufferable. Is this being coached into them by Stafford? The worst example was JVR dropping a chest mark, then tripping over his own feet and appealing for the free kick; gtfoh, you don't get a do-over for a bad play.

JVR still in bad form. He needs a spell in the VFL, let him have a few dominant games to get his confidence up.

Need to watch more tape but Windsor needs to work on his disposal. He seems completely allergic to kicking or handballing on his left side, but I am not sure if it was coincidental or deliberate. When he couldn't wheel around to his right side he ended up throwing the ball over his head and was lucky to not be pinged for incorrect disposal. I hope this is something that is being worked, it will make him a much more effective player. Need to stamp out bad habits early before it becomes his dna.

The side capitulating and letting the Crows go on a run once BBB was subbed off. He is our talisman. Our victory cigar.

Fugly: Kozzy sniping again. He doesn't learn, and you would you think he would have gained more awareness of the devastating impacts on other player's careers following the Brayshaw/Maynard incident. He won't change, he is a grub.
Spot on.

Sparrow making people eat humble pie. Elite defensive pressure showcased by his smother. This defensive intent is why he's important to our team. 20 touches from low time on ground. 5 clearances. 33 pressure acts, equal most on the entire ground from both teams.

Agree on Windsor. Another game where he fails to hit 60% disposal efficiency. *I'm including the kick on the full to Billings that was somehow called in play. He also pulled out of a contest moments before Oliver pulled out of the Fogarty contest pending to a goal. Also had a snap on goal which went on the full. Other than that I still thought he was better than last week because he had some good moments in the first half. I'd like to see him use his speed more.

The only thing I really found annoying about the umpiring was how little reward the tackler was getting. The lack of htb calls this year is getting out of control across the comp.

BBB just needs to go and it’ll be a good start. We also have too many guys flying still, chemistry will improve over time so let’s settle the forward 6 asap.
Here is hoping. I wasn't expecting perfection last night off a 5 day break, expected a bit of an ugly game, so happy with the win but his form is a concern. Luckily for JVR we have basically no one else to play the relief ruck role so I cant see him being dropped. Need to get him some easy marks and goals to get his confidence up.

Sorry lil buddy. I didn't know your opinions on Windsor were so fragile that even the most valid of constructive criticism would leave you completely rattled.
Nah just a s**t opinion champ. Windsor kicked and handballed on his left multiple times already across the games.

I’m convinced Micho and TheBoss are controlled opposition.
It's weird how TheBoss woke up one day last year and decided he was just going to be danster lite.

Nah just a s**t opinion champ. Windsor kicked and handballed on his left multiple times already across the games.
Literally set up a shot at goal on his left last night lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on.

Sparrow making people eat humble pie. Elite defensive pressure showcased by his smother. This defensive intent is why he's important to our team. 20 touches from low time on ground. 5 clearances. 33 pressure acts, equal most on the entire ground from both teams.

Agree on Windsor. Another game where he fails to hit 60% disposal efficiency. *I'm including the kick on the full to Billings that was somehow called in play. He also pulled out of a contest moments before Oliver pulled out of the Fogarty contest pending to a goal. Also had a snap on goal which went on the full. Other than that I still thought he was better than last week because he had some good moments in the first half. I'd like to see him use his speed more.
So now we're just making up stats, despite you always referencing them as gospel. You continue to surprise, Dan.

Didn’t watch most of the game, caught the last bit of the 2nd half, but I could tell from the million behinds we were kicking that the Crows were going to find a way to almost get back into it.

Just diabolical lack of finishing, that’s why we lost 4 home finals on the trot, kick it through the kick sticks, game should’ve been over in the 3rd.

Still not entirely convinced we’re all that much better than last season going by last night, but 4-1 to start, certainly take that.

Why is Danster nit picking a kid who played a good game and not the veteran who played his worst game of all time in his avatar? Such a fair and balanced poster.

Why is Danster nit picking a kid who played a good game and not the veteran who played his worst game of all time in his avatar? Such a fair and balanced poster.
43% disposal efficiency from an inside mid. But hey, let's be w***ers and slam the 18 year old kid again just cause.

The trademark of the bigfooty dip s**t. Pick random young player, say they can't use their opposite side ignoring 90% of the competition doesn't.

Rinse and repeat
Then has the nerve to actually say that by using his left side more it'll make him more an effective player.. as if to say he knows what makes an effective player all whilst typing this from his keyboard.

Stock standard trash once again from 'The Boss'

Spot on.

Another game where Fritsch failed to kick a goal. :madv1:

(I'm not including the one where he slid out the back and converted from 50 because I was sipping my cup of tea at the time and didn't see it properly, and I don't specifically recall the other two.)

Should be dropped.

Another game where Fritsch failed to kick a goal. :madv1:

(I'm not including the one where he slid out the back and converted from 50 because I was sipping my cup of tea at the time and didn't see it properly, and I don't specifically recall the other two.)

Should be dropped.
That might be the most arsehole post you've ever made and I'm here for it 🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

Back