Review Dees v West Horsham in the Heartland: Good, Better and Best

Remove this Banner Ad

* me dry.

for me, today marks the lifting of the veil of negativity that has surrounded this club, hopefully for good.

Where to start:

- Lever, particularly early was superb against his old side.
- Brayshaw, kids a ******* jet
- Hooooogan, what a year he's having.
- Viney, welcome back son.
- Hibberd, back to last years form
- Gawn, a rucking masterclass
- ANB, glad we stuck by him
- Vince, what a job on Lynch.
- To win 18 quarters in a row and counting is just an incredible effort.

- Shame Tex wasnt out there to witness that first hand.

- We're just a ******* enjoyable side to watch, Nathan Jones 250th next week couldn't be happier for him to finally string some wins together- may even shed a tear next week if we get up and he gets chaired off the ground. What a champion.

What a bloody win. It's taking its time, but I think the pessimistic Dees supporter in me is finally being drowned out by the optimist. After keeping tabs on our VFL side and going to a few VFL and AFL games this year, I can see that our recruiting department has seriously worked out what we needed to create some depth.

Our bottom 6 have been brilliant.
Harmes especially, he's been outstanding inside and has ment that Brayshaw and Petracca can play away from the contest.

We are building a good core group. Oliver Brayshaw trac Harmes ANB Hogan Omac Salem Lever in the 21-24 age with 40-60games

Add in some mature recruits Fritsch hannan smith

And the maturity of Lewis Vince jones

We’ve got a very good spread of players

7e3.jpg

We are strong and we are going to get stronger.
I was watching with my Richmond supporting stepfather today. He sees a lot of 2017 Richmond in this current team.

We are building a good core group. Oliver Brayshaw trac Harmes ANB Hogan Omac Salem Lever in the 21-24 age with 40-60games

Add in some mature recruits Fritsch hannan smith

And the maturity of Lewis Vince jones

We’ve got a very good spread of players

What really hit home for me was when they showed ANB lining up for a goal and it showed he had played 44 games. 44!
Harmes and Gus and Oliver and Trac and Lever have so so so much room for growth

Additionally, props to Tim Smith. He’s earned his place in the side and I thought he was terrific today. Puts in defensively, can take a good grab and is a pretty solid set shot. I like him.

Good:
Healthy list and most importantly our guns are all fit and firing.
It's early in year, there is a long way to go and we need to stand up against a side like WC / Syd / Port but the comp is pretty wide open by the looks so far.

Better:
Depth of quality across the park - some awesome ball movement today.
Pedersen shaking hands and congratulating the players as they came off.

Best:
Brayshaw playing great footy and Jones enjoying success.
Lever playing his best game of the year so far against the crows.
Playing consistent footy across games in our last 5 wins.

I know Adelaide were severely undermanned and put in a terrible performance, but its hard not to be excited by our own form. The run, spread, carry and execution is a joy to watch and something we haven't seen at least since Daniher coached us. So the talent is very clearly there, the only question remains is about mental toughness and ability to persist and execute when things are not falling our way. Teams with sturdier defences such as Richmond, North, Sydney, Hawthorn and WCE (and Collingwood actually) will continue to trouble us. But the main thing at this point is that we are potent and capable of scoring quickly. That's an asset few sides have and it should still confidence in the players that they are never out of the contest. I just hope Max Gawn can stay injury free for the rest of the year - he's killing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed after the Liverpool game this morning but absolutely made up with the win today.
Watching it reminded me of something that Liverpool’s manager, Jurgen Klopp said when he first signed with the club.
He said he wanted to turn the supporters from doubters to believers.
Goodwin and the boys are making me believe.

Bad- 61 days until we play adelaide again.

Long time to wait for another good percentage boost.
It's only a 6 day wait for another good % boost. ;)

It's only a 6 day wait for another good % boost. ;)
It's bloody interesting, isn't it? Dogs can barely bloody score at the best of times, and we do it for fun. Moreover, we're also pretty stingy.

Food for thought, but winning by a total of 300 points in 3 weeks would certainly make any other doubters take notice.

Also...

Melbourne #1 contested ball
Adelaide #2 contested ball

Contested ball numbers - Melbourne +40

This was more than just the scoreboard.

It's bloody interesting, isn't it? Dogs can barely bloody score at the best of times, and we do it for fun. Moreover, we're also pretty stingy.

Food for thought, but winning by a total of 300 points in 3 weeks would certainly make any other doubters take notice.

Dogs have scored a total of 10 goals in the past 2 weeks. We've scored at least that many in each of the past 5 halves we've played.

I'll be keeping my Tom Gillies avatar as a good luck charm.
Ever since I made the silly bet with harry000 , we've won by 69, 109 and 91.

Also...

Melbourne #1 contested ball
Adelaide #2 contested ball

Contested ball numbers - Melbourne +40

This was more than just the scoreboard.
Was just looking at this, +43 contested possessions is immense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back