Review Dees v West Horsham in the Heartland: Good, Better and Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: watched the last quarter while sitting in my soviet-era hire car, parked outside a bear-rehab park near Bran Castle in the forest of Transylvania via VPN/Foxtel combo.

Bad: -

Ugly: Romanian women. Diamond in the rough on steroids over here. A HELL of a lot of rough, and only a few, incredibly rare diamonds..
a Lada?

There was a play on the other wing that ended in a Petracca goal where Spargo went harder than Talia at a ground ball and knocked him to ground with a bump and the ball spilled up for him to collect and give - he's got serious cult hero vibes and i'm #1 on the bandwagon

He's also got weird intense eyes

Yep, doesn't over-kick it or blaze away, knows his limits and weights it really well

We've been getting incredible value out of our later picks the last 3 or so drafts

. Teams with sturdier defences such as Richmond, North, Sydney, Hawthorn and WCE (and Collingwood actually) will continue to trouble us. .
I would love to see how we response when the chips are down, when were not in front. The WCE, Collingwood and Sydney games are looking very exciting for that reason

How many times could you say the Dees have won 7 games and only beaten sides below them? Is anyone else getting altitude sickness from the dizzying heights of third?

The funny thing is if we somehow get to the top of the ladder without playing Richmond or WCE we still will have beaten no one yet.

#MFCSS

My old man in constantly banging on how we don't pump any teams from start to finish. Why can't we just relax at 3 quarter maybe just win the last quarter. Yesterday was that game, even Carlton were in it at quarter time. Only negative was we got a little cocky at times. I can only think of the Salem one, maybe spargo but that happens. Geelong at their peak were criticised for over sharing.

There was a play on the other wing that ended in a Petracca goal where Spargo went harder than Talia at a ground ball and knocked him to ground with a bump and the ball spilled up for him to collect and give - he's got serious cult hero vibes and i'm #1 on the bandwagon

He's also got weird intense eyes

Some would say soulless (like the devil)

That sounds more like the belarus tractor (which is also the name for white Russia)

I drove a few as part of my upbringing in car sales - very reliable mechanically but handle like a bag of spanners

You just know they weren’t even trying - bit like the dees from 2012-2015

Just watching the replay on my phone, the transition from defence to attack which leads to our third goal (ANBs give and go) is a pure footy as it gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the replay on my phone, the transition from defence to attack which leads to our third goal (ANBs give and go) is a pure footy as it gets.
I just went to watch the replay, and my IQ seemingly only recorded 14 minutes of it ... which isn't actually enough time to get through all of Ch 7's waffle ... I'm filthy! It's not on again until Wednesday!!

If we keep moving the ball like that we won't need to win the contested ball anywhere near as badly as we currently do, but if we do both we'll continue to absolutely slaughter teams.

For all you book lovers out there, Stephen King has just released a ripper new tome. Without giving away anything you wouldn’t know by half way through, it involves a monster that kills and then feeds off the sadness its kills create. In other news, I just spent an hour reading the Crows board game day thread. Cartmantears.jpg

It seems a life time ago when we were posting 6 goal " all the goals" games vs Hawthorn on youtube in round 4 this year. These days we kick 6 goals for shits and giggles in one quarter.

For all you book lovers out there, Stephen King has just released a ripper new tome. Without giving away anything you wouldn’t know by half way through, it involves a monster that kills and then feeds off the sadness its kills create. In other news, I just spent an hour reading the Crows board game day thread. Cartmantears.jpg
I just ordered the hardback version of The Outsiders. Is it that book? I'm hearing good things. Big King fan here..

I've only got 94% battery left. Will that be enough?

First of all, another POTY nomination. We've had some crackers this year.

Second of all, I haven't had my two bob worth on this game yet and having just watched the replay twice, boy was that fun. My thoughts are thus:

1) it's hard to quantify just what Jack Viney brings to this team but as I've noted before, imagine a giant beating heart with a big swinging pair of bull's testicles underneath (not Tim Smith's). If you put pure testosterone, adrenaline and frigging ram's blood into a beaker, then shook it up and set it on fire you'd probably have the exact substance that courses through Viney's veins. What a man.
2) As others have mentioned, Alex Neal-Bullen is rising in stature and vindicating Goodys faith in him. If Viney is the heart, Nibbler is becoming the connective tissue between the centre square and the big sticks. Hes got huge leadership qualities as well and watch him get around others all the time pumping them up after team goals. Heart and soul
3) Jesse's face after seeing Gus sale through that goal after the siren. Couldn't hide his joy for the bloke and also the team. The camaraderie is the best I've ever seen it with this team. So happy for Gus too and to see his emotion in the post game interview almost got me as teary as when I saw last cab to Darwin.
4) this is the best melbourne side I have seen in my life time and it both excites me and ****ing terrifies me. A long, long way to go but you can't water down what we are witnessing. I really think they're building something very special.
And 5) from the oppo: Darcy Fogarty looks like a future superstar. Let's steal him for the lols

Remove this Banner Ad

Back