Review Dees v West Horsham Poort - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Love to see Weid without Tom in the team for a game or 2, Brown is #1 clear daylight as far as our forwards go. Tom is more versatile clearly, but if Weid and Brown can't figure it out together then Weid can sit in the magoos and I'll happily put a fork in him.

We didn't look like scoring because Port played keepings off chipping the ball around going nowhere. When we finally got the ball we butchered it a bit but eventually got there.
We played like 'headless-chooks', kicking the ball inside our f50. Bombed the ball in; poor transition across the wings caused this.
This is why our scoring was so intermittent.

Our sharing of the ball from the middle and across the wings, flipping the ball on to teammates came unstuck so many times, causing us to butcher the ball going forward.

Love to see Weid without Tom in the team for a game or 2, Brown is #1 clear daylight as far as our forwards go. Tom is more versatile clearly, but if Weid and Brown can't figure it out together then Weid can sit in the magoos and I'll happily put a fork in him.
Weide will take over from Tom, when he can't do it anymore. a week ago TMc looked like a geriatric. This week TMc moved beautifully across the field, running effortlessly.

TMc does get lost often in packs, when he played deep. Some times he looks good in packs, but it is usually when BBB and Gawny are putting sly blocks on the tall defenders, allowing him a good leap at the ball.

Weide needs the same support, when deep. But he will learn and Weide has the naturally better hands, than Tom does. He just needs time to find the self belief in the role.

IMO, Weide is too much a nice guy. He needs to find the anger and aggression he played with, back in the 2018 finals.

If I can take a long bow to this; I reckon Weide still feels like the apprentice, to his senior big forwards. And his match attitude follows this mindset.???

Far too respectful; to his seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back