Review Dees v West Horsham Port in the Heart of the Nation: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: Melks run down tackle on the wing
I've been reminiscing on this moment a lot today. Replaying it in my mind's eye in ultra slow-motion, with Vangelis' (RIP) Chariots of Fire music on top.

I'm really liking the idea I just had of Melksham taking his fourth quarter form into next week, and the weeks following, culminating (or rather, climaxing) in King Milkshakes usurping Max Gawn as the Melbourne Football Club captain and raising the premiership cup with Crazy Goody in September. Wouldn't that be nice?

I've been reminiscing on this moment a lot today. Replaying it in my mind's eye in ultra slow-motion, with Vangelis' (RIP) Chariots of Fire music on top.

I'm really liking the idea I just had of Melksham taking his fourth quarter form into next week, and the weeks following, culminating (or rather, climaxing) in King Milkshakes usurping Max Gawn as the Melbourne Football Club captain and raising the premiership cup with Crazy Goody in September. Wouldn't that be nice?
Take the boys out to Entracote to celebrate ya reckon?

It was in ultra slow-motion live

Bordering on silly - Kozzie. Wasn't just his 6 goals but his pressure and energy whenever he was near the ball was insane. Loved how we played him quite deep at times, allowed him to use his running to get in behind the defence with our aggressive ball movement.

Good - Defence held up well as a unit with May down on form and Lever playing injured. Hibb and Tommo were great. Rivers and Tommo moving much better than earlier on in the year where both looked slow as treacle.
Ball movement was also a lot more daring. Plenty of switches and shifting the ball around combined great games from our wings helped a lot. BBB leading hard up the ground and clunking marks with Fritsch/Melk/Kozz deep looked great. Fritsch could have easily had 4-5. Didn't hate Melks game. Laid some serious pressure which I haven't seen in years, missed some kicks he would normally make and had some fumbles but couldn't question his endeavour and had a great last q with game on the line. Good coaching to nullify Aliir's intercepting too.

Bad - Although Dixon rucked well, I think Dogga and Gawny should have given us a bit more. They're still both not at 100% but it's good they're building coming into the pointy end of the year.

Literally can’t give our supporters any joy?

I remember that one time in late September last year. Went pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I can't remember that, sounds like a horrible dream us winning a premiership :tearsofjoy:

Most positive ive been after a game since round 1, we actually went away from bombing it on our talls heads for a fair portion of the game and tried to kick some ******* goals. Far better method today, used the corridor far more often, tried giving our forwards a chance with quicker ball movement, lowered our eyes on occasions going inside 50.

Still some incredibly hard work to do but maybe we aren't a lost cause after all.
Agree, just need to get our defence around clearances right - but we looked pretty good in every other area!

Take the boys out to Entracote to celebrate ya reckon?
Yes, definitely!!!

But also we have given them so much the free publicity already, I reckon they owe us one now?
What a wonderful story of redemption it would be if they sponsor us, plenty of great branding opportunities there too.
I saw their menu, do they sell Melkshakes? I don't see any Melkshakes on their menu. But what if they did sell Melkshakes?!? I'd be there every day!!!

Yes, definitely!!!

But also we have given them so much the free publicity already, I reckon they owe us one now?
What a wonderful story of redemption it would be if they sponsor us, plenty of great branding opportunities there too.
I saw their menu, do they sell Melkshakes? I don't see any Melkshakes on their menu. But what if they did sell Melkshakes?!? I'd be there every day!!!
They could do some knockout deals in May.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back