Review Dees v West Horsham: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it the second quarter when he came charging out of defense and bombed it long? It came down with ice on it, yet the nearest Dees player would have been 20 metres away. Brent Moloney would've been proud.
i think it was in the 2nd. It would have been about the 3rd time I yelled FFS Frosty, so 2nd quarter seems about right.

"Well, if TMac won't give me some skin, I'll just have to do it myself."

Not convincing, but it's good that we held on - that will give us a bit more confidence in the same situation going forward.

Gus, Oliver, Trac were all great I thought.

Harmes did a brilliant job tagging, when he tags the rest of his game is simplified - keep him doing it.

OMac was horrific again, him and Hoges are massively out of confidence at the moment.

Salem was great, only the 15 touches but he had a lot of impact around the ball and played with real aggression again - love him.

OMac was horrific again, him and Hoges are massively out of confidence at the moment.

One of the better horrific games then as Jenkins didn't chalk up a point.

Not certain where to post this, but I’m at a cafe in Greville St having a long black and flicking through a complimentary copy of the Herald Sun. It is a deeply terrible and generally unsurprising paper, but I can’t help but be intrigued by the best player votes for the GWS v Saints match. Real outside-the-box thinking on display here.

7A4EE365-A7F4-4048-80A9-55EF5754C01B.jpeg

This is an incredibly positive view on what was a pretty s**t game. The 3 things you mentioned were the only 3 things he did all game. Hardly competed and played without any confidence again.

In 7 losses this year he has 10 goals

In our wins he has averaged 8 marks a game, losses he has averaged 4 marks.

Tmac already has 14 goals in 4 losses

Completely agree he was underdone and played a poor game. But even in poor games you still want players contributing. It might not be your day but it could be your moment

One of the better horrific games then as Jenkins didn't chalk up a point.

Don't care.

Jenkins is a down hill skier and Oscar made life that much more difficult for every other defender.

Yup. 3.7 to 1.1 in the last term against a side that was... two? players down. More luck than design or skill that we came away with the chocolates.

Disagree, the players played the quarter completely different. No huge momentum swings. The reason the cats kicked 7.0 because we allowed easy deep footy into the forward line. The mids contested the footy a lot better, backs held deeper. We spoiled better, sat on the footy in contests. Took their 10 seconds when we had stop play. Kicked long to the boundary line.

Disagree, the players played the quarter completely different. No huge momentum swings. The reason the cats kicked 7.0 because we allowed easy deep footy into the forward line. The mids contested the footy a lot better, backs held deeper. We spoiled better, sat on the footy in contests. Took their 10 seconds when we had stop play. Kicked long to the boundary line.
Midfield got smacked in the last but the defence looked as well organised as it has all year

flying our of Adelaide severly hungover is always better when we have just finished the Crows season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fact just watching it again, Hogan threw it to Petracca for that last ANB goal

Ps. I watch live afl games on mute these days. Now watching the replay with commentary. It's actually more intelligent with it muted

How was it throw...? I just watched the
Last two minutes on Facebook. you can see hogan punched his fist threw. It was an awkward becuse he did it “inside out” but wasn’t a throw.

Playing the quarter "completely differently" for me would have been pressing on and winning by 10 goals. The players retreated into their shells and let the Crows have the run of play - against the Cats, we at least kicked some goals in the 4th while the match was still in the balance. That the rain helped make it a scrap (suits us) and that Tailor Swift and Leroy Jenkins aren't Tom Hawkins is why we looked more settled.

We have a 5 goal lead at three quarter time two weeks in a row and we play to get overrun in the fourth. It's bizarre.

Playing the quarter "completely differently" for me would have been pressing on and winning by 10 goals. The players retreated into their shells and let the Crows have the run of play - against the Cats, we at least kicked some goals in the 4th while the match was still in the balance. That the rain helped make it a scrap (suits us) and that Tailor Swift and Leroy Jenkins aren't Tom Hawkins is why we looked more settled.

We have a 5 goal lead at three quarter time to weeks in a row and we play to get overrun in the fourth. It's bizarre.

I’d like to go on and win by 10 goals, it’s not always rainbows and sunshine, to their credit the crows turned the game in their favour but we held on and won game we had to win. Talk about a half glass empty view.

I’d like to go on and win by 10 goals, it’s not always rainbows and sunshine, to their credit the crows turned the game in their favour but we held on and won game we had to win. Talk about a half glass empty view.

Not really. I'd want my team to display better instincts than this. Do we bury teams or do we give them a sniff and let them back into the game? Good teams do the former. We do the latter. We played one good quarter of football and that's about it. If you're happy with that, don't be surprised when we keep giving up leads and losing against mediocre teams.

Not really. I'd want my team to display better instincts than this. Do we bury teams or do we give them a sniff and let them back into the game? Good teams do the former. We do the latter. We played one good quarter of football and that's about it. If you're happy with that, don't be surprised when we keep giving up leads and losing against mediocre teams.

I’m happy we won, can we get better yes. But geez enjoy a win. We’ve shown this year we can bury teams, we can get better at burying good sides.

I’m happy we won, can we get better yes. But geez enjoy a win. We’ve shown this year we can bury teams, we can get better at burying good sides.

We haven't beaten any good sides, let alone buried them??

Betts kick goes 3 inches to the right and we are defending a 2 point lead with a minute to go again and there's every chance we would lose.

Betts kick goes 3 inches to the right and we are defending a 2 point lead with a minute to go again and there's every chance we would lose.

We won though, therefore everything is fine. If we lost though, pitchforks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back