256b90e3b1e81a31c03ee90a25d7bc82.jpg

That is hard to read but it says Sloane is being tackled by Frost

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adelaide media at its finest

256b90e3b1e81a31c03ee90a25d7bc82.jpg

That is hard to read but it says Sloane is being tackled by Frost

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Surely you just take another photo?

Completely agree with this, said in the gamely thread he was one of our best despite not getting the ball too often, did the hard stuff and 1%'s . One of the only players for us that was switched on from the first bounce. Really good game from him.
Except in contests against Lachie Murphy.

Except in contests against Lachie Murphy.

No, them as well, if you get a moment watch the replay of Murphy's goal in the second quarter, Salem putting the "accidental" knee into his back or neck on the way to his feet after Murphy took the mark was one of the highlights of the game

Good- we won. 3rd qtr blitz. Oliver, Brayshaw, Trac, and Harmes becoming a formidable midfield unit. Lewis winding back the clock in his 300th.

Bad- the other 3 qtrs of bloopers and a couple of young guys, and a couple of old guys, looking a bit off the speed of the game when the intensity cranks up a gear at this time of the year when there's a bit to play for.

Ugly- Goodwins 'hold onto the lead' coaching. 11 last qtr oppo goals vs our 2 goals in the last 2 games when trying to protect good leads. seems to me like whenever we play extra defenders our scoring dries up and the ball seems to live in the oppositions fwd half and we come under intense defensive pressure. I think i'd just prefer it if we went 1 on 1 all over the ground and he backed the boys in to beat their man and get the job done that way to be honest, or just stick to playing an extra at the contest and only rely on those heavy defensive tactics in the last few minutes of a game instead of most of the last qtr.

Coming home from Revs are ya PG?
I love Revs, I'd ******* do anything for that place.

People talk about Uluru, Sydney Opera House, the not-quite-as-great-as-it-was barrier reef, Bondi etc. but there is clearly no more an important and culturally significant monument than Revolver nightclub.

If you haven't lost an entire weekend within those beautiful walls, you haven't lived.

Revolver is great.

Edit: Oh and back on topic shout out to my boy JKH! Been giving him a massively hard time but he was alright last night. (he's still depth tho.)

GOOD:

- Frosty is literally insane, and I love it. He runs straight at the ball/opposition players and doesn't blink and whilst he can do ridiculously stupid things and bomb it long to nobody, frankly I don't care. His positives outweigh the negatives and he's genuinely desperate and looks to hurt others standing in his way. His runs out of the backline are madness personified.

- Lewis turning back the clock with 2 pearlers from outside 50 in his 300th

- Salem also looking to run around and hurt people, which has been a theme all year actually. He's really turned it round this year, potentially just getting his body right? and actually looks like a footballer now which has probably given him the confidence to crunch people in tackles

- Trac back to his evasive/shrugging tackles best the last 2 weeks

- Gawny going the 25m spike out of the ruck a few times in the last

I love Revs, I'd ******* do anything for that place.

If you haven't lost an entire weekend within those beautiful walls, you haven't lived.

Revolver is great

Toump I havnt been to Revolver yet.
Its on my do to list

Ugly- Goodwins 'hold onto the lead' coaching. 11 last qtr oppo goals vs our 2 goals in the last 2 games when trying to protect good leads. seems to me like whenever we play extra defenders our scoring dries up and the ball seems to live in the oppositions fwd half and we come under intense defensive pressure. I think i'd just prefer it if we went 1 on 1 all over the ground and he backed the boys in to beat their man and get the job done that way to be honest, or just stick to playing an extra at the contest and only rely on those heavy defensive tactics in the last few minutes of a game instead of most of the last qtr.

We actually kicked 3 goals against Geelong plus lots of points (4)? Dont think we tried to hold in to a lead. Last night yes - but in the conditions, it proved the right play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our percentage is dropping and Hawks and Cats are catching up. Given that they have less scores against for the year, it will be much easier for them to boost their percentage than we can. I can see us dropping a couple of spots due to percentage. Could be the difference between 5th and 8th, but I don't think we would drop out of the 8 due to percentage. If we bank 2 more wins, I think we make it. I think we'll finish 8th.

Our percentage is dropping and Hawks and Cats are catching up. Given that they have less scores against for the year, it will be much easier for them to boost their percentage than we can. I can see us dropping a couple of spots due to percentage. Could be the difference between 5th and 8th, but I don't think we would drop out of the 8 due to percentage. If we bank 2 more wins, I think we make it. I think we'll finish 8th.

We're playing the weakest oppo 22 we've played all year, we should be back over 130% this week.

We actually kicked 3 goals against Geelong plus lots of points (4)? Dont think we tried to hold in to a lead. Last night yes - but in the conditions, it proved the right play.
3 goals vs the cats, sorry my mistake there. to me we looked like we were always outnumbered when going inside 50 2 v 3 in first half of that last qtr, I think we might have been playing an extra at the ball, but would have preferred we went to 1 on 1 sooner than we did. but yeah we had our chances that game but didn't take them.
but I reckon we got lucky last night. could have quite easily lost that one as well if eddie hadn't hit the post and they hadn't missed another easy one from the goal square. I reckon it didn't work very well myself. every time we won the ball the only option was to kick it to an outnumber, and it came straight back.
reckon we've got a bit of work to do in these situations still.

3 goals vs the cats, sorry my mistake there. to me we looked like we were always outnumbered when going inside 50 2 v 3 in first half of that last qtr, I think we might have been playing an extra at the ball, but would have preferred we went to 1 on 1 sooner than we did. but yeah we had our chances that game but didn't take them.
but I reckon we got lucky last night. could have quite easily lost that one as well if eddie hadn't hit the post and they hadn't missed another easy one from the goal square. I reckon it didn't work very well myself. every time we won the ball the only option was to kick it to an outnumber, and it came straight back.
reckon we've got a bit of work to do in these situations still.

We needed a lucky game and this was it. We were out classed first half but scoreboard didnt really show it. Quite the reversal from previous weeks. Good to get one

Completely agree with this, said in the gamely thread he was one of our best despite not getting the ball too often, did the hard stuff and 1%'s . One of the only players for us that was switched on from the first bounce. Really good game from him.

Yeah I haven't been his biggest fan but he is one bloke who leaves an elbow of knee in at every opportunity and I love it. You'd half think about going for the footy as is his opponent because you know he's going to massage the kidneys.
Still reckon he should be up apart of the midfield rotations though.
GOOD:

- Frosty is literally insane, and I love it. He runs straight at the ball/opposition players and doesn't blink and whilst he can do ridiculously stupid things and bomb it long to nobody, frankly I don't care. His positives outweigh the negatives and he's genuinely desperate and looks to hurt others standing in his way. His runs out of the backline are madness personified.

This sums up why i like frost, he looks like he was created in a lab and he's still learning how to function properly.

And yet again, all power to our beloved Royal Blue jumper! I so love it when we win in it. It exorcises the past too - and a past long before most of you buggers were born too!

Yeah I haven't been his biggest fan but he is one bloke who leaves an elbow of knee in at every opportunity and I love it. You'd half think about going for the footy as is his opponent because you know he's going to massage the kidneys.
Still reckon he should be up apart of the midfield rotations though.

This sums up why i like frost, he looks like he was created in a lab and he's still learning how to function properly.
The elbows and knees are minimal. No chance dropping a knee into a back is going to do anything. Didn’t his opponent go back and kick the goal straight after?

The elbows and knees are minimal. No chance dropping a knee into a back is going to do anything. Didn’t his opponent go back and kick the goal straight after?

It's not about that moment, it's the next 5 contests, if you know your going to cop it eventually you might go for a crumb when you should be in the air.

I played footy as a CHB and as a tagger, I love that s**t. Any opportunity to massage the ear or leave a knee in on a marking contest or clenching ya fist in a tackle... brings a tear to me eye and a warmth to the soul.

It's why Harmes is such a brilliant Tagger atm, he keeps running into blokes and shoving them when they don't want it

It's not about that moment, it's the next 5 contests, if you know your going to cop it eventually you might go for a crumb when you should be in the air.

I played footy as a CHB and as a tagger, I love that s**t. Any opportunity to massage the ear or leave a knee in on a marking contest or clenching ya fist in a tackle... brings a tear to me eye and a warmth to the soul.

It's why Harmes is such a brilliant Tagger atm, he keeps running into blokes and shoving them when they don't want it
Bit different to local. You can hit them a lot harder. AFL level all you’re going to do is give away a 50 at most. Murphy didn’t seem particularly phased by it. He was okay up forward, definitely better than tex and Jenkins.

Taggers are a bit different. It’s the constant touching that puts people off, you niggle and keep constant contact to make them focus on you. Not your game.

My best possy is CHB and FB too.

Bit different to local. You can hit them a lot harder. AFL level all you’re going to do is give away a 50 at most. Murphy didn’t seem particularly phased by it. He was okay up forward, definitely better than tex and Jenkins.

Taggers are a bit different. It’s the constant touching that puts people off, you niggle and keep constant contact to make them focus on you. Not your game.

My best possy is CHB and FB too.

It's not just the blatant ones mate? It's the intent to make the game as uncomfortable as possible for them. If someone keeps leaving one to your kidneys you'll be more likely to protect them in a marking contest.

It's not just the blatant ones mate? It's the intent to make the game as uncomfortable as possible for them. If someone keeps leaving one to your kidneys you'll be more likely to protect them in a marking contest.
I think Salem’s were fairly obvious. I just don’t think they do much in the modern game and didn’t think it really influenced the kids game.
I think it only works on players who lose control or drop their heads. Like Dunn used to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back