Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
What a disastrous 8 weeks. Imploding big time. Just can't kick a score. Delivery into the F50 atrocious. Accuracy at goal still an issue. Not looking forward finals now because we are dead in the water. I have nothing positive to say at all about our last two weeks. We're not wobbly anymore, wheels have fallen completely off. F*** you MFC for making us believe..

strong-in-this-one-the-veil-of-negativity.jpg

Not really sure what to say or how to react. The umpires stiffed us for sure, but we had heaps of chances we didn’t take. At the end of the day the zip is gone from our game and has been for some time. Not really sure how we get it back in time for finals. I would be surprised if we made the prelim from here. We look very beatable.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Frustrating as it wasn't our worst performance but geez we made no effort to help ourselves with our goalkicking. It doesn't look that bad come end of game but * me we burnt chances in the first half and ultimately that is what cost us.

Struggling against s**t sides has become a meme but absolutely no room for error now if we want to make top 4. Need to beat Suns/Crows and one of Eagles/Cats.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not really sure what to say or how to react. The umpires stiffed us for sure, but we had heaps of chances we didn’t take. At the end of the day the zip is gone from our game and has been for some time. Not really sure how we get it back in time for finals. I would be surprised if we made the prelim from here. We look very beatable.

Reckon we play a very taxing game (And have for all our time under Goody). Have been struggling for a while, as I said the other day since the Dogs win we've played 6 good quarters of footy.

Feels like we can never burgle a result but plenty of sides can do it against us.
True, we play Russian roulette with the gun fully loaded. Perhaps it's an ego thing, we want to win by only kicking points.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good
Won’t be nervous AF this September, we are no ******* chance due to our skills and lack of composure.

Finally losing to a good side.

No longer being deluded into thinking we’ve solved our MCG and forward connection issues.

The season might get called off because of Covid.

Jack Viney sometimes.

Bad
Smells like 04/05/06 end to the season.

Skills and game sense are a ******* disgrace.

The Forwardline.

The midfield kicking into the forward line.

Jack Viney sometimes

Ed Langdon and Christian Salem - from the penthouse to the shithouse, ditto the whole club.

9-0 in the first 9, 4-4-1 in the next - we’re midtable at best recently.

Fugly
Hannan and Ugle-Hagan kicking the sealers.

Schache giving us a bath.

Our top 4 hopes.

Jack Viney sometimes.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good? Eh, not sure we had any winners across the ground. Oliver and Pickett maybe.

Bad and Fugly? Defence got destroyed. Hannan had the better of May (somehow). Continued to be awful at defending the ground ball. Are our defenders just slow? Is it positioning? I don't know. Hibberd had another shite game too.

Trac was absolutely s**t. Awful disposal and went completely missing after the first 5 minutes. Viney continued being Viney (terrible). Harmes was an absolute non-factor (yet again).

Our kicking is honestly some of the worst in the league. Exemplified by Trac consistently spraying it all over the ******* place.

Reckon we play a very taxing game (And have for all our time under Goody). Have been struggling for a while, as I said the other day since the Dogs win we've played 6 good quarters of footy.
I just can’t understand why young players haven’t been rested yet. Abysmal player management. Rivers, Jackson and Jordon are weapons but look absolutely puffed and we just won’t rest them??

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can't blame the umpires for all those first quarter misses, and the atrocious forward 50 entries the next 3 quarters.

Hopefully these blokes just got a reminder they aren't entitled, and haven't earned anything yet

We will still finish second though.

Jon Koncak

Baseline leaner
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
GS Warriors, NY Giants, ORE Ducks
We’ve now played poorly in 6 of the last 7 games. Great start to the year but we’re not a top side anymore.

We might become that again over the next month and do some damage in the Finals, but confidence is shot at the moment and we are now consistently inefficient moving the ball forward and then shooting for goal (the below doesn’t even capture all the wasted opportunities that didn’t result in a shot).

WB - 9.11 v 13.7 (L)
HAW - 11.13 v 12.7 (D)
PA - 12.14 v 8.7 (W)
GWS - 7.13 v 9.10 (L)
ESS - 9.14 v 8.9 (W)

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just can’t understand why young players haven’t been rested yet. Abysmal player management. Rivers, Jackson and Jordon are weapons but look absolutely puffed and we just won’t reset them??

Completely agree mate, especially with a bunch of honest veterans like Jetta/Jones/Vanders who could easily play a role for a week or two.

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty much goal kicking was the ugly. Entry inside 50 was probably the bad. Not sure there was much good, guess Oliver was pretty good.

I genuinely wonder what goes on with coaching and goalkicking. You can put down literally ALL of our losses to bad goalkicking but it has gotten worse as the season has gone on.
At least we won’t have to hear about people banging down the door for Williams anymore

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
Forward line continues to be the big problem. We're struggling to score 10 goals a game, and we can't rely on Lever and May to keep the opposition below that every week. Doesn't help when we miss easy set shots.

And yeah, I don't think we deserved to win that in any case, but it's a lot harder when you get ****ed by the umpries, particularly on a night like that when clean possession and territory is at a premium. Typified by that bullshit Harmes holding the ball decision in the last when we were coming at them, where they get the free kick, run it up the other end for a goal and we just drop our bundle. Really enraging, irrespective of the result.

Frustrating as it wasn't our worst performance but geez we made no effort to help ourselves with our goalkicking. It doesn't look that bad come end of game but fu** me we burnt chances in the first half and ultimately that is what cost us.

Struggling against sh*t sides has become a meme but absolutely no room for error now if we want to make top 4. Need to beat Suns/Crows and one of Eagles/Cats.

Yeah agree, it's a killer - we win one of our s**t games vs rubbish teams and we may have already had locked top 4 in.

It was a good game, we were poor first half but played a better brand second half - Dogs deserved to win by 20 regardless of the umps.

Back