Review Dees v Western Bulldogs - the Good, Bad & Fugly - Round 19, 2021

Hellbound

Rookie
Apr 5, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Some additional thoughts...

Harmes sucked... like he was really bad. Conversely libba was good in the first half

Daniel the helmet was very good and incredibly no one was anywhere ******* near him all game.

Those 2 things were pretty telling

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Forward line was horrible yet again, not sure what the answer is but we need to work in out soon.

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Forward line was horrible yet again, not sure what the answer is but we need to work in out soon.
We've had 18 rounds to work it out..

There is 0 evidence to suggest that it'll suddenly just improve.

Start by getting Jackson out of there. He's a witches hat up forward.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Feel like people have missed the main reason we lost here.
I said before the game teams think we defend ground ball poorly and that we are susceptible to back half stoppages.

If the Bulldogs didn't kick 90% of their goals from either a ******* stoppage or a ground ball that bobbled around for 30s before being fed out I was watching the wrong game.
Bontempelli, ******* Bont kicked 2 goals waltzing around on his own inside 50. That's just crap from the team, clear plan to beat us now.

Felt like you could play that game for 3 days straight and they'd still keep snagging enough stoppage and ground ball goals to stay infront.

It was one of the most boring games I've ever watched, just ******* predictable the whole way through.

Were cooked, plan A has been countered and it's exposed the flaws in our side.

You could say we were right in it on the scoreboard but I'll call you a liar if you didn't think the dogs were better than us for 95% of the game

Last of all Brown actually played ok and * me dead who would have guessed our forward work still looks s**t? I told you guys it's nothing to do with personnel. Our midfield is way overrated.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also I've said it before but this team screams of Ross Lyons Freo and StKilda. Handful of stars, real battlers at the bottom and a real need to defend like crazy because we arent good enough to beat teams at a kicking game.

On one hand you have to give credit to the coaching staff for getting this team rolling like they did, on the other hand they've clearly squeezed as much out of it as they can get.

Hunt, Brayshaw, Jordan, Hibberd, Harmes, Viney. A handful of blokes extremely one dimensional.
Hunt tries hard but has no damage to his game, Brayshaw is just a bloke that defends the wing. Jordan isn't doing anything. He just floats around getting involved. Doesn't link hard with run or damage with disposal. Isn't a contested monster. Hibberds useless without a defined lock down role. Same as Harmes. Viney is the 3rd contested ball winner behind 2 others.

Rivers and Jackson are looking cooked for the season, Salem's not being allowed to do what he wants and our coaching staff don't wanna help him by releasing him up the ground. Petraccas ball use is so embarassing for the 'best player in the comp'

Yep I'm flat about us.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Brown taking 5 set shots from inside 50 is a real positive.

I still think we finish top 4, but hard to imagine we’ll make the GF.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Could be worth giving Melk another look.
* are we unlucky he's not Melk from a couple years ago. Doesn't have the legspeed for the midfield but can't be hid up forward either because he doesn't win 1-1s anymore.

I think at this point though maybe we just find a way. 10 disposals from him around half forward could equal another goal or 2

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne

I’ve worked it out. BBB is crap, so is TMac, as are Spargo and Neal-Bullen. Fritsch is a prissy little poser and the 19yo’s Kozzy and Jacko are tired.

Also, the guy we took at pick 9 six years ago to fill a key forward post - Weid - sucks dogs balls.

Voila.

Last edited:

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
We won't finish 2nd. We'd have to win all 4 games and that in no way is happening. Will be lucky to win 2 based on our form. I think we finish 5th. Bombers will spank us 1st week of finals. Still make end of ski season..
Lol... Come on

Back