Review Dees v Western Bulldogs - the Good, Bad & Fugly - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I see what you're trying to say, but I don't buy this.

Every team has flat quarters/games. We've been in every single game this year (Collingwood game was probably the least competitive game this year) because of the method.

We've hit a flat spot with our form, but when was it realistic that we were going to essentially win every game for the year? If Adelaide had truly worked our system out we wouldn't have beaten a red hot Brisbane, Dogs first time round and Port in Adelaide.

We've become too shy with the ball in hand. Like Trac said about our first half against Brisbane - we were/are boring.

We've been playing dour, boring footy and unable to fully click into a fluid attack. I think it's largely a mindset thing, though. Feel like we're a really good win away from finding form and confidence again.

Come out breathing fire and punish GC from the opening bounce and I think we could find our mojo again.

Been happening for too long now to be just a flat spot.

Maybe I am on my own and being way too negative, despite the scoreboard against the dogs I thought it was a relatively garbage performance all things being equal. A lot more of the same stuff we've been seeing the past 7 weeks.

The margin flattered us. Never thought we were really going to win it at any stage.

Maybe I am on my own and being way too negative, despite the scoreboard against the dogs I thought it was a relatively garbage performance all things being equal. A lot more of the same stuff we've been seeing the past 7 weeks.

The margin flattered us. Never thought we were really going to win it at any stage.
Yup never seemed like the dogs had to do anything difficult to stay in front. Basically they beat us in 3rd gear.

I see what you're trying to say, but I don't buy this.

Every team has flat quarters/games. We've been in every single game this year (Collingwood game was probably the least competitive game this year) because of the method.

We've hit a flat spot with our form, but when was it realistic that we were going to essentially win every game for the year? If Adelaide had truly worked our system out we wouldn't have beaten a red hot Brisbane, Dogs first time round and Port in Adelaide.

We've become too shy with the ball in hand. Like Trac said about our first half against Brisbane - we were/are boring.

We've been playing dour, boring footy and unable to fully click into a fluid attack. I think it's largely a mindset thing, though. Feel like we're a really good win away from finding form and confidence again.

Come out breathing fire and punish GC from the opening bounce and I think we could find our mojo again.

We've been in every single game because we drag the opposition down into a defensive boring game. Beginning of the year teams were playing their game while we played ours and our defensive system worked. Now teams are countering it we've been crap for 9 weeks essentially bar a couple good games. Reason it works against the good teams is they play their system where as bottom teams are more likely to play a whole new system for a game.

We've basically behind at quarter time or in the second quarter of every game. First part of the year we managed to play one good quarter enough to get infront. That mystique is gone

In fact I'd go as far as saying that if you just play a man on man system in your forward half and May and Lever don't get to control the game then we are a shell of a team.

All our wins essentially have started with May and Lever being allowed to play free while teams backed themselves with a plus 1 at stoppages. Dogs were the first good side to give that away and play even numbers forward and low and behold we lost. Expect GC to do the same

Then you see a stat like this and it all seems very fixable yet embarassing. How the * can Max Gawn be AA when this is what's been happening.
Yze should almost be fired on the spot for this.

20210726_063831_HDR.jpg 20210726_063724.jpg

Then you see a stat like this and it all seems very fixable yet embarassing. How the fu** can Max Gawn be AA when this is what's been happening.
Yze should almost be fired on the spot for this.

View attachment 1188094View attachment 1188093
Even though we played badly in other facets of the game, if the mids were accountable at stoppages and didn't allow those shots in the Col, GWS And Dogs games the games would of been so much tighter and maybe our turnover game pays off as teams roll the dice more.

I feel we need more players doing the role Jordon seemingly had earlier in the season to just tackle every campaigner at a stoppage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back