Review Dees vs Essendank - The good, the bad and the fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Gus playing HB leads to some really great collaborative work by the Wingers Club. While I’m looking forward to him being back to his normal position, I’m digging their work in the meantime.

Honestly think he's working better off half-back than on the wing. Jordon has been servicable on the wing. Not providing much less than Gus did from there.

Honestly think he's working better off half-back than on the wing. Jordon has been servicable on the wing. Not providing much less than Gus did from there.

Gus was impacting the game at both ends of the ground by the end of 2021. Awesome for JJ if he were able to grow to that level, but don’t think he’s there now.

Gus was impacting the game at both ends of the ground by the end of 2021. Awesome for JJ if he were able to grow to that level, but don’t think he’s there now.
Gus was doing that from half back last night. Setting up a lot of our forays forward and pushing up onto both wings when we were on the attack. Gus had an epic Grand Final on the wing but the vast majority of the season he was just just 'playing his role'. I wouldn't be moving Gus until at least Salem is ready to come back.

1648854120957.png
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Good result considering the Bombers are now zip and 3. We were not great tonight, but we won convincingly in the end which is a positive considering our opposition really needed the win. Past Melbourne teams probably would have lost this game.

Were an awesome side.

It still feels a little weird to support one of those good sides that just seem to find a way to win, I remember watching sides that like the 3peat Hawks and they always just found a way to win in close games and it seemed so frustrating they could do it, but that's what good sides do. Hope we can really spank a side at some point this season, but 3-0 is still a great start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith hasn't done anything wrong in the first three weeks.
You didn’t see the ball go through his hands multiple times?

Definitely playing better than I’d expected but Lever can’t come back soon enough

You didn’t see the ball go through his hands multiple times?

Definitely playing better than I’d expected but Lever can’t come back soon enough

Miles better than your boy Hunt. If anyone should go for Lever it should be Jayden.

Smith's disposal has been pretty good over the first three rounds, just needs to tidy up the occasional terrible dropped marks.

Hes 4 weeks away mate. Smith can play on smalls and mid sized players just as good as Hunt can.
Just checked and you’re right.

A two week calf turns into a 2 month calf.

Old man injury + Selwyn =

Good:

3-0

10-0 #thestreak

Weiiid best game since ‘18 finals. Actually marking it again.

Lingers goal.

Gus is in a good vein of form.

Winning ugly. When you’ve climbed the mountain, what’s an April Friday night against the undermanned Bombers?

Bad:

Watching us winning ugly - over possessive, sloppy ball movement.

If the Dee’s don’t get dialled in next week for Port in Port.

Ugly:
If we don’t release a streak dvd series.

The ways Cody Weightman goes about his footy.

Good:
Clarry, Gus, Weid, probably a few others

Bad:
Hunt - fumbly and low footy IQ
Inaccuracy across the board
Kozzy, ANB & Spargo not giving us much

Fugly:
The game stank

Remove this Banner Ad

Back