Definitive List of West Coast Boardisms

Remove this Banner Ad

How tall is McGovern?

Definition: When you draft a fatty that no one knows and you can't trust the WC website stats.

Source: Seemed to be a slow burner but I'm going to trace it back to Ghossein in 2010

Context: "McGovern has a good set of hands. Could he be our future KPF? Does anyone know how tall he is?"

See yas

Steve Hucka

a former poster who was drafted to a AFL team and immediately severed all ties ..

Source : Unknown

Context : See yas I have joined a AFL list and will be closing my account..
Didn't a couple of posters try to claim he was Mark Hutchings?

Darth

Name given to former mod Mr Eagle who ruled this board with a velvet glove iron fist back in the day

Now he just corrects people's spelling mistakes

Anyone remember which board it was where everyone went over and flooded the "who will win?" poll with votes for West Coast before a game? I forget but it was sometime last year. Well anyway, Norf have a poll on their board...

I read all 9 pages hoping to learn the source of the Subway obsession and how we know the Twitter girl is called Kate - anyone help?

(not obsessed, just a fan)
Subway was last year's off-season I believe.

Started pretty innocuously and then some legend created a thread for it

I read all 9 pages hoping to learn the source of the Subway obsession and how we know the Twitter girl is called Kate - anyone help?

Courtesy of these stalkers

Yeah pretty sure her name is Kate

Kate Orme

Kate Orme appears to be in control of this. If you have any ideas... - www.meetkateorme.com

There is always room for improvement but we at least now get several articles a week plus some videos/interviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am pretty sure that ChampRevesby started it. I think he saw a player at the UWA Subway

Pineapple on Pizza

Definition: Liking a certain topping on your Pizza can either make you a Saint or Hitler

Source: avishka5 during the great pizza debate of the midyear bye of 2017

Context: "If you like pineapple on your pizza, you're going to burn in the fires of hell and probably think Priddis should've got his extension!"

Bock and Gunston

Definition: The answer to life and the universe.

Source: From a discussion of who had left Adelaide when Jake Lever requested a trade in October

Context: "I swear I last looked at this thread 70 pages ago, and you're all still discussing the exact same thing."

"Bock & Gunston"

- Gee Venables has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
- What interested me the most was that McGovern split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role in 2018. He was his usual dominant self down back in some match simulation drills before going head-to-head with Mackenzie in a forward role.
- Bayok is very fast - Cripps was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
- Nelson is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
- There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
- Masto was the player picked to kick the goal at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
- No sign of Cole, Parto or Hill. Couldn't tell you why.
- Sheed kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
- Mitchell looked a class above the other midfielders bar Priddis. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session. Shuey was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from Mitchell. Doesn't bode well for his captaincy credentials, maybe he doesn't want the gig?
- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2018.
- Giles went up against Vardy in the ruck contests and I'd say that Giles has the inside running at the moment.
- Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Rioli looked as though he'd enjoyed the Christmas break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Rioli was sent to do laps for the rest of the session. Good news for Le Cras, I suppose.
- A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the heat.
- Petrie looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. Darling in particular seemed to be following him around.

Definition: WCE performance at every pre-season training, ever.

Source: Carbine Chaos - honourable mention to matt_bas

Context: "Went to watch training today lads! Some thoughts...

- Gee Venables has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
- What interested me the most was that McGovern split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role in 2018. He was his usual dominant self down back in some match simulation drills before going head-to-head with Mackenzie in a forward role.
- Bayok is very fast - Cripps was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
- Nelson is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
- There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
- Masto was the player picked to kick the goal at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
- No sign of Cole, Parto or Hill. Couldn't tell you why.
- Sheed kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
- Mitchell looked a class above the other midfielders bar Priddis. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session. Shuey was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from Mitchell. Doesn't bode well for his captaincy credentials, maybe he doesn't want the gig?
- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2018.
- Giles went up against Vardy in the ruck contests and I'd say that Giles has the inside running at the moment.
- Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Rioli looked as though he'd enjoyed the Christmas break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Rioli was sent to do laps for the rest of the session. Good news for Le Cras, I suppose.
- A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the heat.
- Petrie looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. Darling in particular seemed to be following him around."

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back