Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been watching the live telecasts of the two big recent trials in the USA and am now thinking guilty or not with a good lawyer he may get away with a slap on the wrists or not guilty and the truth will never be known.

This is Sun article:

Jordan De Goey could dial into a New York court room via Zoom to defend his assault and aggravated harassment charges, although a not-guilty verdict might not be enough to save his career at Collingwood.
The Magpies expect their troubled superstar to return to Australia next week, but it remains unclear whether he would have to return to the United States for the hearing on December 8.

Football boss Graham Wright floated the possibility of De Goey attending via video link from Melbourne.

But Wright said De Goey had been stood down by Collingwood because of his history of off-field blemishes and that his football future was not solely tied to the legal outcome in New York.

“That behaviour over a period of time has found us in a situation where we felt it was the right thing to do for the football club to stand him down three or four weeks ago,” Wright said on Wednesday night.

“It’s a concern, and a concern that he’s found himself in a situation where the absolute best scenario for him is he’s been in New York and got into a barroom fight that’s seen him arrested, regardless of what happens with the court case.

“We’re really disappointed in it, we’ve obviously stood him down until we get face-to-face with him and see where the court case goes and what’s happening with that.

“We’re in that sort of holding pattern at the moment.”

It is understood the De Goey camp is also frustrated with Collingwood because the 25-year-old felt his club had abandoned him before a proper debrief on his night out in the big apple.

De Goey -- who headlines the 2022 list of free agents -- has had his “forcible touching” charge dropped by New York police.

“We suspect he’ll be back (in Australia),” Wright told 3AW.
"The Degoey Camp is also frustrated with Collingwood" ...... since when is having a fire fighter as your manager a "Camp" ...... is this like calling your 3 bedroom house a "compound"

Give me a break - amateur hour stuff from the "DeGoey camp"

I'll give you 'frustrated' and raise you a best finish of 5th in the B&F and and an off field highlights reel better than his on field highlights.

Sick of this guy - hope we ship him off at the end of the 2021 season.

sideswipe

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
"The Degoey Camp is also frustrated with Collingwood" ...... since when is having a fire fighter as your manager a "Camp" ...... is this like calling your 3 bedroom house a "compound"

Give me a break - amateur hour stuff from the "DeGoey camp"

I'll give you 'frustrated' and raise you a best finish of 5th in the B&F and and an off field highlights reel better than his on field highlights.

Sick of this guy - hope we ship him off at the end of the 2021 season.
An alternate view is the (now he looks like) rentamouth dickhead 40-something bloke who hung around for a few days with JDG is speaking without authorisation and just looking for relevance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

MyManLynch

Premium Platinum
Oct 4, 2012
Singapore
AFL Club
Collingwood
An alternate view is the (now he looks like) rentamouth dickhead 40-something bloke who hung around for a few days with JDG is speaking without authorisation and just looking for relevance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or, he’s just a bloke, giving his opinion in cyber space…just like everyone else does these days…
Has zero impact on how the Club will eventually handle the issue.
The Club is playing hardball & will continue to do so…until they sit face to face.
Then it will be a Kumbaya moment…roll on 2022.

legendstatus

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
FA or trade next year - we finish bottom 4 so get a pick in top 5 for JDG + package 2nd or 3rd rounders to pick up another late first rounder so we get 3 first rounders to set us up for 2022 trade period.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
De Goey has liked this post on Instagram from a mate, who was quoted in the pictured Herald Sun article.

In the article, he calls Collingwood cowards for standing De Goey down, and goes on to say in the text "to hear the coach say he is concerned for Jordys welfare after throwing him under the bus less than 24 hours after incident is laughable."

Given the quite disparaging things it is saying about Collingwood and the coach, I would have thought it would be in De Goey's best interests to not publicly align himself to those comments.

Given he has - it looks to me like the relationship between player and club has soured badly.
Screenshot_20211125-235707_Instagram.jpg

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

jmac70

Lover of IPA
Apr 10, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
De Goey has liked this post on Instagram from a mate, who was quoted in the pictured Herald Sun article.

In the article, he calls Collingwood cowards for standing De Goey down, and goes on to say in the text "to hear the coach say he is concerned for Jordys welfare after throwing him under the bus less than 24 hours after incident is laughable."

Given the quite disparaging things it is saying about Collingwood and the coach, I would have thought it would be in De Goey's best interests to not publicly align himself to those comments.

Given he has - it looks to me like the relationship between player and club has soured badly.View attachment 1287528

Are you sure that’s his instagram account?

Scodog10

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Are you sure that’s his instagram account?
I’m assuming it was, because PS wouldn’t fake that, but JDG’s since unliked it. Context is always king and liking the post could have been as harmless as an acknowledgment of support. Then once he’s realised later it could be interpreted the way PS has he’s unliked it.

Timmy from Thomastown

TheBrownDog
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood

Given he has - it looks to me like the relationship between player and club has soured badly.View attachment 1287528

Id be disappointed if the relationship HASNT soured badly. It’s up to Jordy to win back respect and rekindle that relationship…..at the appropriate time after the court case has concluded.

Scodog10

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Id be disappointed if the relationship HASNT soured badly. It’s up to Jordy to win back respect and rekindle that relationship…..at the appropriate time after the court case has concluded.
I’m curious about this because I think it’s the type of attitude that lead to that post. I 100% get it, but I don’t think it’s healthy. If I feel let down by family (Collingwood is a family) I don’t allow allow those relationships to sour and feel a need for respect to be won back.

I would hope the internal attitude is one of disappointment for JDG putting himself in that position, concern for his welfare (he spent a night in US prison on BS charges) and a focus on next steps depending on the outcome of the trial.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can’t help but feel that if DeGoey is legitimately frustrated with the club that even if he is found not guilty of the charges, that his time at the club is limited to the end of 2022.
HE'S frustrated???

FMD he's dcked the club around every offseason since he's been here and GW has already made it clear he will have some searching questions to answer about his behavior.

Whether he's guilty or not of the crimes he's been charged with his football career is at the crossroads

76woodenspooners

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 4, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been watching the live telecasts of the two big recent trials in the USA and am now thinking guilty or not with a good lawyer he may get away with a slap on the wrists or not guilty and the truth will never be known.

If JDG truly cannot appreciate why the club stood him down before speaking with him …

… given the club stood him down around 24 hours after he got in a fight in a NYC Nightclub, and it would seem that the club hadn’t heard from him in that time, …

… then it’s probably for the best he goes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60 Yards Out

Premium Gold
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
If JDG truly cannot appreciate why the club stood him down before speaking to him …

… given the club stood him down around 24 hours after he got in a fight in a NYC Nightclub, and it would seem hadn’t heard from him in that time, …

Pretty sure they take your phone away when you're in custody, so the club couldn't contact him and he couldn't contact the club. I draw no conclusions from the absence of communication at that point.

Timmy from Thomastown

TheBrownDog
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m curious about this because I think it’s the type of attitude that lead to that post. I 100% get it, but I don’t think it’s healthy. If I feel let down by family (Collingwood is a family) I don’t allow allow those relationships to sour and feel a need for respect to be won back.

I would hope the internal attitude is one of disappointment for JDG putting himself in that position, concern for his welfare (he spent a night in US prison on BS charges) and a focus on next steps depending on the outcome of the trial.
Collingwood didn’t get itself involved in a bar room brawl. DeGoey did. Irrespective of the outcome of the court case, his behaviour and getting himself into this position in the first place is all on him. It’s also entirely on him to win respect back because he’s not a first time offender ( in terms of not reaching required behavioural standards)

If he feels somehow aggrieved that Collingwood has let him down, then he has two choices. Get over it, or get out.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
If JDG truly cannot appreciate why the club stood him down before speaking to him …

… given the club stood him down around 24 hours after he got in a fight in a NYC Nightclub, and it would seem hadn’t heard from him in that time, …

To be fair he was held overnight in the cells. His one phone call would be to a lawyer

Timmy from Thomastown

TheBrownDog
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
He liked a post critical of the club and coach. That's not speculation.

I know BF is full of boomers that don't really use social media but that's a fact.
It was ill advised but I don’t think that on its own is a hanging offence.

He liked a mate going in to bat for him and then removed the like when he realised or had it pointed out to him that it was not a good look.

76woodenspooners

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 4, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be fair he was held overnight in the cells. His one phone call would be to a lawyer
Pretty sure they take your phone away when you're in custody, so the club couldn't contact him and he couldn't contact the club. I draw no conclusions from the absence of communication at that point.
He went into the lockup some time after 2:30am early Saturday morning local time. When do you think he would have had access to his phone again? Following day at 10am? Noon? 4pm? 6pm? 10pm?

The club announced him being stood down at 6pm Melbourne time … which was 2am early Sunday morning, nearly a full 24 hours after the cops showed up at the nightclub.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
He went into the lockup some time after 2:30am early Saturday morning local time. When do you think he would have had access to his phone again? Following day at 10am? Noon? 4pm? 6pm? 10pm?

The club announced him being stood down at 6pm Melbourne time … which was 2am early Sunday morning, nearly a full 24 hours after the cops showed up at the nightclub.
😂 that’s when the press conference is. There is a hell of a lot of guess work from you

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collingwood didn’t get itself involved in a bar room brawl. DeGoey did. Irrespective of the outcome of the court case, his behaviour and getting himself into this position in the first place is all on him. It’s also entirely on him to win respect back because he’s not a first time offender ( in terms of not reaching required behavioural standards)

If he feels somehow aggrieved that Collingwood has let him down, then he has two choices. Get over it, or get out.
Well said. 100% agree with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad