Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm glad you find my comments so amusing but given we have a star player staring down the barrel of being booted out of the club it bears discussion.

It hasn't been 5 years since he got into trouble. 5 years ago was 2016. He got done drink-driving in 2018 and has been caught with about three or four other traffic offences since then.

If he wants to get the big payday like Pendles or Grundy, or what Moore is on track to get, don't you think he should exercise a bit more caution? It doesn't seem like he has shown the capacity to learn, and unfortunately it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall who's willing to handwave it as "boys will be boys, the club is in the wrong" just because he is a good player.
He was 21 when he got done drunk driving and is about to turn 26 so it’s been a fair while. So quick maths says that’s the best part of 5 years but obviously he was almost 22 when the drunk driving happened

But considering you are the fool that was accusing him of rape. Your view point is obviously clouded by your bias
Not to get into a lengthy debate about this - but De Goey was accused of grabbing a woman's vagina - that is sexual assault.

He was accused of rape a number of years ago. That is sexual assault.

It was not claimed it was a "harmless" pat on the bum.

False allegations of sexual assault, while absolute nightmare fuel, are exceptionally rare. As I said, how extraordinarily unlucky he must be to face TWO false accusations on opposite sides of the planet.

The woman in the US would not have known who he was, so to pull out the celebrity card as if she was just doing it because she knew he had the means to cough up some cash doesn't wash.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol it’s been 5 years since he got in trouble nobody knows how avoidable or otherwise this situation was
One thing I'd like to add - I listened to Swanny's podcast with Eddie a couple of weeks ago. Even Swanny said that JDG really needs to start surrounding himself with friends who really act like friends and are able to tell him no, or to not get caught up in stuff that might have a negative impact on his career.

He would no doubt be speaking from experience.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
He was 21 when he got done drunk driving and is about to turn 26 so it’s been a fair while. So quick maths says that’s the best part of 5 years but obviously he was almost 22 when the drunk driving happened

But considering you are the fool that was accusing him of rape. Your view point is obviously clouded by your bias
Not once in that quote did I accuse him of rape.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
He’s been in court (at least) twice in 2021 already.

Admittedly one of those cases was dropped when the prosecution witness failed to show up to court.

The other case he plead guilty and copped a hefty fine for a raft of driving offences.
And one of those cases that were dropped was from when he was 18. Just because the wheels of justice turn slowly at times doesn’t mean that it is an example of recent behaviour

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you trying to say he has been the victim of two unproven allegations? Mentioning a groping allegation that was dropped within hours only exhibits your bias.

But you did very wrongly bring up rape. You need to own that.
Exactly he could of been guilty both times he was accused of touching a women outside of her clothing. While that is unlikely it’s possible. But to try and work rape into it is laughable.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
May as well tell people getting in a fight equates to being accused of murder/man slaughter. It’s embarrassing that you try and defend this. Even if he did touch someone outside of their clothing equating that to rape is ridiculous.
I think it's equally embarrassing how you run to white knight him. May I ask, if he is found guilty of the assault charges next month, what will your view be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timmy from Thomastown

TheBrownDog
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it was a poor move from Fly and the club to stand someone down due to media pressure without the facts and could be costly breaking trust of the whole group.
The facts are that he was in a bar room fight. Let’s not get confused about who has broken trust here.

Besides...standing him down is purely ceremonial. It’s the off-season. And he’s still on full pay.

magpies42

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
One thing I'd like to add - I listened to Swanny's podcast with Eddie a couple of weeks ago. Even Swanny said that JDG really needs to start surrounding himself with friends who really act like friends and are able to tell him no, or to not get caught up in stuff that might have a negative impact on his career.

He would no doubt be speaking from experience.
It wouldn’t be so crazy to get Swanny to give him a talking to.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Imagine the hill you want to die on being splitting hairs on the legal terminology of sex crime allegations.
It isn’t splitting hairs even if he was guilty on both occasions allegation of touching someone’s intimate parts outside of their clothing is completely different and far less serious than allegations of unwanted sexual penetration. Any adult should be able to understand this

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad