Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
The facts are that he was in a bar room fight. Let’s not get confused about who has broken trust here.

Besides...standing him down is purely ceremonial. It’s the off-season. And he’s still on full pay.
Look while I agree with the second part none of us know how avoidable or otherwise the situation was. The criticism is valid. McRae talks about their primary concern being for his well being yet they don’t even wait to get into contact with him before standing him down

Daicos2Daicos

Draftee
Oct 4, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look while I agree with the second part none of us know how avoidable or otherwise the situation was. The criticism is valid. McRae talks about their primary concern being for his well being yet they don’t even wait to get into contact with him before standing him down
standing him down so quick was public relations 101 I’d say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sideswipe

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still embarrassing the club.
If anyone is up on charges why would you then publicly share what a hoot of a time your having on the other side of the world instead of working towards redemption?
Hasn’t learnt. Will never learn.
Such a waste.
What are you on about? He has done nothing of the sort.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ingy

Premiership Player
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Article in the HS about his plans for dealing with the court date that I can't read because paywall.

Anybody want to give us a summary?

gouki88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Article in the HS about his plans for dealing with the court date that I can't read because paywall.

Sure thing.

Collingwood bad boy Jordan De Goey will head home to Australia before his date with a Manhattan magistrate.
The AFL star, who found himself in strife over an alleged incident in a New York nightclub, is due back in Melbourne shortly where he will face court again via Zoom.

The 25-year-old’s return was confirmed to Sheahan Ink by members of the De Goey entourage who let slip the inked up ball magnet may also have found time to nip into Las Vegas for some R&R while still on American soil.

De Goey’s backers believe the ball magnet’s defence is strong.

De Goey and friend Luke Dyson claim they were defending themselves when a pair pushed past the private booth parameters to apparently steal drinks.

De Goey and Dyson were enjoying the bottle service provided by Dream nightclub in Chelsea with the obligatory Grey Goose bottles of vodka and an assortment of mixes.

The high-profile duo didn’t take too kindly to the intrusion with De Goey allegedly pushing the male in self defence.

The protagonists were then pushed out the door by nightclub security but called 911, alleging to New York police the female was groped.

De Goey will vigorously defend the charges as is expected will Dyson who works in a New York tattoo parlour.

FIGJAM

FigBooty Legend
Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
Clickbait.

The protagonists were then pushed out the door by nightclub security but called 911, alleging to New York police the female was groped.
This bit here is something I find a bit odd and I'm confused why the police are bothering with prosecuting. The other party were ejected from the club, then cracked the sads, called the police and demonstrably lied to them.

The Royal Sampler

Floreat Pica, b*tch!
Nov 26, 2006
Hooray For Science, Woo!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
If all charges dropped the you hold on to him and hope he has a stellar season and decide to keep or move on

If charges stick then he still plays ( second half of the year )but move him on
I think either way he gets moved on. We’ve worked hard to address the midfield in the last two drafts, 2022 should be about KPPs and if we can have two first-round picks back to back, that’ll do more for our future than a couple of years from De Goey. Not to mention our cap position.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think either way he gets moved on. We’ve worked hard to address the midfield in the last two drafts, 2022 should be about KPPs and if we can have two first-round picks back to back, that’ll do more for our future than a couple of years from De Goey. Not to mention our cap position.
I think it's quite likely that he has a big year and then gets a free agency offer that we're unwilling to match.

In terms of whether that's a good thing for the future - it might depend on how low on the ladder we finish and thus how high the compo pick is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad