Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

I’d prefer he just had a professional and experienced ‘manager’ who gave him sound advice. For instance, did we really need to know about the sojourn in Las Vegas? Not saying he shouldn’t have one, just prefer we didn’t know about it. It’s has an ‘up yours’ ring to it.:oops:

More amateurish and ham fisted stuff from the JDG ‘circle’.

+1.

An experienced manager would have the cojones to make him accountable but it would seem that Jordy prefers the people in his inner circle to be partying with him. :)

Magical talent. I am still hoping for a good ending.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d prefer he just had a professional and experienced ‘manager’ who gave him sound advice. For instance, did we really need to know about the sojourn in Las Vegas? Not saying he shouldn’t have one, just prefer we didn’t know about it. It has an ‘up yours’ ring to it.:oops:

More amateurish and ham fisted stuff from the JDG ‘circle’.
The visit to Vegas was already known.
I posted earlier about his brashness when facing charges and the embarrassment he continues to bring to CFC.
I was told that he was actually being a good boy.

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
I wouldn’t read too much into the relationship between player and club.
I’ve always thought McRae would stand by him when I first heard him speak about a fresh start and clean slate for all when he was hired as the new boss and his comments in his last presser a few days ago indicated just that...so I don’t think there’ll be any issue once he returns into the fold.
Barring any significant change to circumstances, I expect he will be fully integrated back into the fold and accepted by club and teammates.

Sure thing.
Hang on a minute. The people who came in to the private area to steal drinks are be called protagonists? Surely such actions are the very definition of being antagonistic???

Hang on a minute. The people who came in to the private area to steal drinks are be called protagonists? Surely such actions are the very definition of being antagonistic???
Might have flipped when the bottles and boots came into the equation.

The visit to Vegas was already known.
I posted earlier about his brashness when facing charges and the embarrassment he continues to bring to CFC.
I was told that he was actually being a good boy.

Since he was arrested, we’ve had a couple of his mates go public and criticise the club, we’ve had Jordy liking the social media criticism of the club, and now we’re hearing about his visit to LV.

As one-offs following the initial arrest, none of these amount to much. But they all keep this alive in the media. Jordy has an uncanny ability to draw the wrong kind of attention to himself. Is he that dumb, and lacking in self-awareness?

As others have noted, most of his teammates are back in training, and bonding with the new coaches and (from tomorrow) the new draftees.

But not our Jordy.

Anyway, I’ve said enough, and will leave this for now.

Might have flipped when the bottles and boots came into the equation.
There are no bottles or boots mentioned in the article, just pushing and a false allegation of groping. Given those accusations seem to no longer be being pedalled, I’m working on the assumption those reports were incorrect, just as the groping charges were. So I ask again, why are people who snuck in to a private area to steal things, and were then ejected from the premises, being labelled as the protagonists?

There are no bottles or boots mentioned in the article, just pushing and a false allegation of groping. Given those accusations seem to no longer be being pedalled, I’m working on the assumption those reports were incorrect, just as the groping charges were. So I ask again, why are people who snuck in to a private area to steal things, and were then ejected from the premises, being labelled as the protagonists?
Do you seriously think that Degoey's camp would put out a story that paints him as the bad guy?

I think you're just using a different definition of the terms. Protagonists start the action - antagonists stand in their way. The protagonist of a fight isn't an innocent victim - it's the one who does the first action that leads to a fight, so it's an apt term.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Since he was arrested, we’ve had a couple of his mates go public and criticise the club, we’ve had Jordy liking the social media criticism of the club, and now we’re hearing about his visit to LV.

As one-offs following the initial arrest, none of these amount to much. But they all keep this alive in the media. Jordy has an uncanny ability to draw the wrong kind of attention to himself. Is he that dumb, and lacking in self-awareness?

As others have noted, most of his teammates are back in training, and bonding with the new coaches and (from tomorrow) the new draftees.

But not our Jordy.

Anyway, I’ve said enough, and will leave this for now.

Without being able to read his mind, is he liking the criticism of the club or just the support from those making those posts?

For mine I seriously doubt that the problem child has a vendetta against the club, sure he probably feels unfairly treated for the standing down before any communication between he and the club but I doubt it's a relationship breaker for him.

The inked up ball magnet, jeez.
"Sheahan Ink"
200.gif

Without being able to read his mind, is he liking the criticism of the club or just the support from those making those posts?

For mine I seriously doubt that the problem child has a vendetta against the club, sure he probably feels unfairly treated for the standing down before any communication between he and the club but I doubt it's a relationship breaker for him.

I agree. I doubt very much that he has a vendetta against the club. More likely he’s impulsive and has poor judgment.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I agree. I doubt very much that he has a vendetta against the club. More likely he’s impulsive and has poor judgment.

Impulsive and poor judgement is his middle name, sigh.

I have a feeling he'll play in 22 and at some point will make another negative headline, again.

I really can't see a win here, keep him and he'll trip up, lose him and we lose our best potentialed player.

Do you seriously think that Degoey's camp would put out a story that paints him as the bad guy?
No, there’s clearly enough outlets willing to do that without confirmed facts already.

Impulsive and poor judgement is his middle name, sigh.

I have a feeling he'll play in 22 and at some point will make another negative headline, again.

I really can't see a win here, keep him and he'll trip up, lose him and we lose our best potentialed player.
Three middle names is just being pretentious.

It is increasingly likely JDG will not be playing in 2022. The narrative the media is using is one that clearly is against Jordy. And some may say that this is all clickbait but when listening to McRae speak, he's focused on mental health which suggests that a playing future is some time away.
Odds on the club don't read your posts so not sure why you keep pushing your very obvious personal view as anything but that.

Jafo

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
What was the comment.
Premiership player Heath Shaw says Collingwood desperately needs to welcome back Jordan De Goey or it could be a long season for a club which finished second-last this year.

The Herald Sun revealed last week that De Goey – who was stood down by the Magpies immediately after his messy night out in New York – felt he had been abandoned by the club he has called home for the past seven years.

The matchwinner is due back in Australia this week and is set to defend his assault and harassment charges via Zoom on December 8 when he dials into a Manhattan courtroom.

“The old saying goes you’re innocent until proven guilty, and at the moment a few of those charges were dropped straight away,” Shaw told News Corp as Shane Warne launched KFC SuperCoach BBL.

“He’s a very good player. He got himself into a bit of trouble over there – but it’s a big asset to lose.

“Especially for a team like Collingwood who have struggled, so I hope he gets back, everything is cleared up and then he’s just back playing footy.”

-now I’m not saying Heater is wrong to say what he said. It’s more a factor that it’s Heater being asked it given some of his off field indiscretions and the fallout after with the club after he was traded.

Interesting Heater is asked (and makes comment) on DeGoey at an event launch with Warney. Talk about Motley Crew 😜
Heath is a legend and Warne is a dickhead.
Warne trying to get some mileage from Heaters opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back