Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it was a poor move from Fly and the club to stand someone down due to media pressure without the facts and could be costly breaking trust of the whole group.

He would have left the cell hung over as all hell and probably not having slept properly for 30+ hours. Not the best time to call the boss.

From DeGoey’s POV? Sure.

From the boss’s POV? It would have been the perfect time! 😛

I think it was a poor move from Fly and the club to stand someone down due to media pressure without the facts and could be costly breaking trust of the whole group.

Not sure it was due to media pressure. More likely due to having a gut full of De Goey and his shenanigans.

Although I agree it seems to have been a hasty action. But then again, I can understand it.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure it was due to media pressure. More likely due to having a gut full of De Goey and his shenanigans.

Although I agree it seems to have been a hasty action. But then again, I can understand it.
Reckon the initial club reaction would have been a little less hasty if the groping charge never existed.

Reckon the initial club reaction would have been a little less hasty if the groping charge never existed.

I agree Swipey. It was a killer, and we now know it didn’t happen. Probably difficult for the club to rescind the suspension after that, because of the other charge.

Is he still charged with kicking the guy, or is that bundled up with the rest of it? And that too may prove to be unfounded. But we still don’t know, and that in itself - if you ask me - is a serious matter.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree Swipey. It was a killer, and we now know it didn’t happen. Probably difficult for the club to rescind the suspension after that, because of the other charge.

Is he still charged with kicking the guy, or is that bundled up with the rest of it? And that too may prove to be unfounded. But we still don’t know, and that in itself - if you ask me - is a serious matter.
I think (via half-arsed internet research) that he has been charged with assault in the third degree and "punching and kicking" was the wording reported as being used in the police charge. But I guess we wait until the evidence.

You would like to think the case is just sitting in a big pile with thousands of others, with no attention being given to it other than by Australians. And not being worked on by an overly ambitious young mean-spirited DA with political ambitions looking for a scalp to make an example of these foreigners who come in a beat up on our native New Yorkers.

But maybe, just maybe, there is a hardworking defence attorney with a heart of gold working the case. No one notices how beautiful she is until she takes off her glasses and loosens the ponytail. She sees the good in Jordy and maybe there is something else? But her personal code prevents her from acting on those feelings...

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was ill advised but I don’t think that on its own is a hanging offence.

He liked a mate going in to bat for him and then removed the like when he realised or had it pointed out to him that it was not a good look.
I just checked, he has still liked the post. Not sure where it's come from that he unliked it.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think (via half-arsed internet research) that he has been charged with assault in the third degree and "punching and kicking" was the wording reported as being used in the police charge. But I guess we wait until the evidence.

You would like to think the case is just sitting in a big pile with thousands of others, with no attention being given to it other than by Australians. And not being worked on by an overly ambitious young mean-spirited DA with political ambitions looking for a scalp to make an example of these foreigners who come in a beat up on our native New Yorkers.

But maybe, just maybe, there is a hardworking defence attorney with a heart of gold working the case. No one notices how beautiful she is until she takes off her glasses and loosens the ponytail. She sees the good in Jordy and maybe there is something else? But her personal code prevents her from acting on those feelings...

I’ve read some fantastical explanations and convoluted reasons on here for why JDG is innocent of all charges - hell, innocent of every wrongdoing he’s ever been accused of. Some of it in the realm of science fiction.

But your dream account of his defence lawyer, who will inevitably fall for his charms, while at the same time charged through with an awakening to his sublime bull-like AFL skills, takes the cake Swipey.

But really I think his defence is more likely to be stimulated by this (which I’m pleased to know is coming out of his pocket and not the club’s - unless he has some of Christian Porter’s mates:p)

snagbreac

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City, BHAFC, Washington FT
If we go off Instagram posts before, Pat Lipinski liked SwoopLuke's post about him and came to the club. So ... ?

snagbreac

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City, BHAFC, Washington FT
I’ve read some fantastical explanations and convoluted reasons on here for why JDG is innocent of all charges - hell, innocent of every wrongdoing he’s ever been accused of. Some of it in the realm of science fiction.

But your dream account of his defence lawyer, who will inevitably fall for his charms, while at the same time charged through with an awakening to his sublime bull-like AFL skills, takes the cake Swipey.

But really I think his defence is more likely to be stimulated by this (which I’m pleased to know is coming out of his pocket and not the club’s - unless he has some of Christian Porter’s mates:p)

It is increasingly likely JDG will not be playing in 2022. The narrative the media is using is one that clearly is against Jordy. And some may say that this is all clickbait but when listening to McRae speak, he's focused on mental health which suggests that a playing future is some time away.

I just checked, he has still liked the post. Not sure where it's come from that he unliked it.
He liked it in error.
He's since been told to stay of SM and like the good citizen he is, he has.
PS: Amazing the stress caused by accidentally liking a post/photo etc! As for unfriending someone - OMG!!

You would like to think the case is just sitting in a big pile with thousands of others, with no attention being given to it other than by Australians. And not being worked on by an overly ambitious young mean-spirited DA with political ambitions looking for a scalp to make an example of these foreigners who come in a beat up on our native New Yorkers. Bostonians

EFA.

Yankees have no love for Red Sox.

It is increasingly likely JDG will not be playing in 2022. The narrative the media is using is one that clearly is against Jordy. And some may say that this is all clickbait but when listening to McRae speak, he's focused on mental health which suggests that a playing future is some time away.

Its hard to know. When this blew up, I was confident he’d be gone from the club, and now I’m not so sure. We really need to know the outcome of the legal matter in the US.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
And I thought I was drawing a long bow thinking about the hot defence attorney.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is funny all this talk about think of the sponsors. None of his sponsors have ditched him. The head of a multi billion dollar company that sponsors a lot of sports organisations has gone into bat for him then two of our other sponsors are known human rights abusers

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
So they pay his wage and fulfil a basic contractual obligation.

But they're cowards? What happened to the club not being bigger than the person?

As Wright said, best case scenario JDG has found himself yet again in a situation where he's attracted the attention of law enforcement. It's not unreasonable for the club to be a little tired of that.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
But they're cowards? What happened to the club not being bigger than the person?

As Weight said, best case scenario JDG has found himself yet again in a situation where he's attracted the attention of law enforcement. It's not unreasonable for the club to be a little tired of that.
Lol it’s been 5 years since he got in trouble nobody knows how avoidable or otherwise this situation was

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol it’s been 5 years since he got in trouble nobody knows how avoidable or otherwise this situation was

I'm glad you find my comments so amusing but given we have a star player staring down the barrel of being booted out of the club it bears discussion.

It hasn't been 5 years since he got into trouble. 5 years ago was 2016. He got done drink-driving in 2018 and has been caught with about three or four other traffic offences since then.

If he wants to get the big payday like Pendles or Grundy, or what Moore is on track to get, don't you think he should exercise a bit more caution? It doesn't seem like he has shown the capacity to learn, and unfortunately it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall who's willing to handwave it as "boys will be boys, the club is in the wrong" just because he is a good player.

He’s been in court (at least) twice in 2021 already.

Admittedly one of those cases was dropped when the prosecution witness failed to show up to court.

The other case he plead guilty and copped a hefty fine for a raft of driving offences.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm glad you find my comments so amusing but given we have a star player staring down the barrel of being booted out of the club it bears discussion.

It hasn't been 5 years since he got into trouble. 5 years ago was 2016. He got done drink-driving in 2018 and has been caught with about three or four other traffic offences since then.

If he wants to get the big payday like Pendles or Grundy, or what Moore is on track to get, don't you think he should exercise a bit more caution? It doesn't seem like he has shown the capacity to learn, and unfortunately it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall who's willing to handwave it as "boys will be boys, the club is in the wrong" just because he is a good player.
He was 21 when he got done drunk driving and is about to turn 26 so it’s been a fair while. So quick maths says that’s the best part of 5 years but obviously he was almost 22 when the drunk driving happened

But considering you are the fool that was accusing him of rape. Your view point is obviously clouded by your bias
Not to get into a lengthy debate about this - but De Goey was accused of grabbing a woman's vagina - that is sexual assault.

He was accused of rape a number of years ago. That is sexual assault.

It was not claimed it was a "harmless" pat on the bum.

False allegations of sexual assault, while absolute nightmare fuel, are exceptionally rare. As I said, how extraordinarily unlucky he must be to face TWO false accusations on opposite sides of the planet.

The woman in the US would not have known who he was, so to pull out the celebrity card as if she was just doing it because she knew he had the means to cough up some cash doesn't wash.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

One thing I'd like to add - I listened to Swanny's podcast with Eddie a couple of weeks ago. Even Swanny said that JDG really needs to start surrounding himself with friends who really act like friends and are able to tell him no, or to not get caught up in stuff that might have a negative impact on his career.

He would no doubt be speaking from experience.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
He was 21 when he got done drunk driving and is about to turn 26 so it’s been a fair while. So quick maths says that’s the best part of 5 years but obviously he was almost 22 when the drunk driving happened

But considering you are the fool that was accusing him of rape. Your view point is obviously clouded by your bias

Not once in that quote did I accuse him of rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back