Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

North, Richmond, Fremantle, Adelaide and Hawthorn will have the room to accommodate him then there’s Sydney who have probably got something up their sleeve post Buddy’s current deal.

The timing is wrong for North, Richmond and Hawthorn, IMO. I’m not convinced Perth and Adelaide are the right city’s for Jordy. Which leaves Sydney.
Gold Coast maybe?

Gold Coast maybe?

Assuming no one is low balling him. My feel is they don’t have the capacity to pay the acquisition premium which would mean a $1.2-1.5m pa offer for them, IMO. They probably have room for $1m pa, but if we’re offering $800k-1m they’re no chance.

Last edited:
Think we will ultimately forgive him one more time but we won’t make his re-entry to the team easy. There will also need to be a commitment made by him on his off field social activities which we shouldn’t need to do, but it will be required.
EG going home by midnight, limit on drinks, no drugs etc.
It sounds over the top but I know a long term player who abided by the above pretty much and he had no off field incidents.
Lol so while it’s a fairly safe guess JDG like most players in the AFL use recreational drugs, you would ask him to make a commitment to not do something that he could already be sacked for if he was caught doing?

He goes it will be NSW and I'm not sure either team could afford him.

Not sure Brisbane or GC could afford him.

The info I get from the DeGoey camp is he will be at Collingwood next year and confident of a long term deal getting done...

This past month hasn't been ideal, I can see him playing round 1 and playing well, quickly all will be forgotten.

Needs stay out of trouble for 12 months and get that contract in fairness he mostly had been, wasn't doing a whole lot apart from riding dirt bikes, training and building a house.

North, Richmond, Fremantle, Adelaide and Hawthorn will have the room to accommodate him then there’s Sydney who have probably got something up their sleeve post Buddy’s current deal.

The timing is wrong for North, Richmond and Hawthorn, IMO. I’m not convinced Perth and Adelaide are the right city’s for Jordy. Which leaves Sydney.
And geelong, plenty of cap room for 2024 and later, maybe not 2023 so much. I doubt he comes to Geelong though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, who do we project to have the sort of cap space to make a play for him?

Assuming of course, he sheds his legal issues and has a season 2022 similar to the second half of 2021…
No idea mate. He might just want a fresh start with a team contending.

Lol so while it’s a fairly safe guess JDG like most players in the AFL use recreational drugs, you would ask him to make a commitment to not do something that he could already be sacked for if he was caught doing?

Heaps of players use rec drugs, Im not seeing many sackings for it

Because it’s better for the clubs and AFL to pretend that it doesn’t happen.
And as long as it doesn't affect the performance of their job - nor should they have any input to the matter.

Getting caught with said items & letting recreational drugs get in the way of their physical/mental performance are all things than can affect their performance at work.

But if a player is able to maintain the merits of their workplace contract whilst also dabbling in reactional drug use - why does the club or AFL need to step in?

There are plenty of weekend binge drinking, alcoholics that work in the office towers of Melbourne, they are high performing corporate businessmen/women who show up, do their job (and do it well) and then carry on in their own time and in private.

Just because you don't agree with recreational drug use, doesn't mean that its being swept under the rug.

Read an article in the HS by Jon Ralph re the JDG situation. Feel like I lost a bit of my intelligence reading it. Offered absolutely no insight, just possible outcomes which anyone in this thread could have pulled together. He reached a peak, however, when he said we hadn't nailed first round draft picks like Melbourne or Richmond. FMD. Richmond have not nailed a first round draft pick in 10 years. Is his work usually this pointless and ill-informed?

And as long as it doesn't affect the performance of their job - nor should they have any input to the matter.

Getting caught with said items & letting recreational drugs get in the way of their physical/mental performance are all things than can affect their performance at work.

But if a player is able to maintain the merits of their workplace contract whilst also dabbling in reactional drug use - why does the club or AFL need to step in?

There are plenty of weekend binge drinking, alcoholics that work in the office towers of Melbourne, they are high performing corporate businessmen/women who show up, do their job (and do it well) and then carry on in their own time and in private.

Just because you don't agree with recreational drug use, doesn't mean that its being swept under the rug.
You have got me all wrong. I have no issue with people using drugs

Just found it funny someone said he should have to agree to not using drugs when that’s already not allowed under his contract

Read an article in the HS by Jon Ralph re the JDG situation. ............... Is his work usually this pointless and ill-informed?
Most probably it is - he's a football journo in an overcrowded market - they all struggle to differentiate themselves.

Assuming no one is low balling him. My feel is they don’t have the capacity to pay the acquisition premium which would mean a $1.2-1.5m pa offer for them, IMO. They probably have room for $1m pa, but if we’re offering $800k-1m they’re no chance.
Depending on what happens next year with King and Lukosious, they could potentially have an enormous war chest.

If the Greenwood situation is anything to go by, cap might be tight…?
That wasn’t cap management, it was list management. If anything, the loss of Greenwood has given them even more to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back