who should we target

• DeGoey

Votes: 64 94.1%
  • Lynch

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

De Goey is an X Factor Match Winner.

As good as Lynch is and will be. We haven't had an pure x Factor player since Didak.

Maybe Reid + lesser player/pic for Lynch, anyone?

One of my favs, but if Lynch comes in & gives us that key presence - could Reidy be surplus? I love him as much as anyone, but let's face it - he's injury prone & heading towards 30.

**As for De Goey - nope, nope & nope

One of my favs, but if Lynch comes in & gives us that key presence - could Reidy be surplus? I love him as much as anyone, but let's face it - he's injury prone & heading towards 30.
You can't really think they'd do that deal without pick 5 thrrown in?

**As for De Goey - nope, nope & nope
No way jose.

With Dagoey going out of conract and no doubt another 17 clubs targeting him I'm wondering peoples thoughts. IF*** it came down to only having the cap space for one of either Tom Lynch or Retaining Dagoey what do we do.

In my view I say retain Dagoey, reason being. the form of Cox thus far is holding up. the game is changing and having a single forward focus is no longer an absolute requirement. Dagoey has for more tricks and of course throw in the fact is 4-5 years younger
Get his name right :mad:

My question (in part to stir the possums) in the Moore thread:

Would you trade Moore for the number one draft pick (ie Lukosius)

Or for this thread

Would you give up Moore for Lynch?

Would you do the deals above?

(Stir the possums really means create discussion.)
Firstly, I dont get why stirring possums would add anything to this discussion. But then I'm not from Tasmania.
Secondly... Yes, Id swap Moore for lynch. Not DeGoey though.

It’s an interesting concept that a side, even GC, would give up a prime player in exchange for another clubs couple or more lesser lights?

Doesn’t really happen

Firstly, I dont get why stirring possums would add anything to this discussion. But then I'm not from Tasmania.
Secondly... Yes, Id swap Moore for lynch. Not DeGoey though.
Because I just liked the expression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think we'll end up getting more out of 10 years from DeGoey than we will in 5 years out of Lynch.

If we were closer to being in contention then that might sway me more towards Lynch, but we're missing too many pieces at the moment to throw the cash and a good young player / early pick at Lynch.

I also think Moore will be fine as a KPF personally (he's only 22 and KPF's don't generally start hitting their stride until 23-24 usually), so I've never been as desperate to get Lynch "at all costs" like some others on the board have been.

Last edited:
If you have a look at the 2014 National Draft I think he's top of the list (1-20 draft picks)

The only player that I think comes close is Christian Petraca.

Martinesque with his ability to caress and launch into the pill.

3-4 players who are untouchable at Collingwood. He's definitely one of em.

So I'd have to say no to Lynch.

Pies have salary cap do we have a war chest like North well the answer is No

Greenwood will struggle to get another contract
Reid will struggle to get another contract
Fasolo and Blair won't be at the club

Degoey is already on 450k I know someone who knows his Mrs.

Yes.

Keeping it simple.

IF he is not Living up to Expectations and Lukcious is seen once in a Genration Talent. You would have to at least Think about it though I would hate to Trade Moore to Carlton:'(

Itd be nice to see some contract news start filtering through for our youngsters, will be frustrating if nobody has re-signed 6 weeks from now. Not sure why everyone is so sure De Goey will leave though.

You have to wait to 2nd Half of the Season as all Mangers said they won't Start Negotiating a New Contract until I say after the Mid-Season Bye

492922_c0f7cbc87c34b2a76e28c697c75d3b4b.gif
Only way we will lose DeGoey is if he wants to leave.
Either way he has nothing to do with Lynch.

Seriously some ppl on this forum don’t get it?

We need a tall forward so get the best (Lynch)

JDG has a played half a dozen good games and mids are a dime a dozen, especially if Sier comes on.

No brainer really

Sent from my Warped mind

Back