Society & Culture Deja Vus and Premonitions

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apologies for this but I had to share.

I got up this morning to watch the West Ham - Brighton match. Was watching. I may have nodded off for 10 mins in the first half, but i distinctly remember an incident IN THE FIRST HALF where a ball was crossed along the ground in the penalty box by a Brighton player and it hit a West Ham player on the arm as he fell to the ground, then the ball skewed away and a Brighton player had a ping at goal that went wide right of the posts. Thruout this sequence the commentators clearly said something like.....VAR has checked the handball and confirmed no action as the ball hit the players supporting arm, etc etc....anyway, the entire sequence of play and the commentators exact words were very distinct.

Anyway ....

Later in the game, around the 70 minute mark, the exact same sequence happened again, and the exact same words by the commentators were spoken, verbatim. But the thing was it was like a deja vu, I knew what was going to happen and be spoken before it happened and was spoken.

I highly doubt the exact sane sequence of play with the exact same commentary happened twice in the game. I was thinking perhaps there was a loop in the video, but no, and also because the first time it was in the first half. I remember there being a half time. Getting up and having breakfast. And the second time it happened was the 70th minute mark.

So the only conclusion I draw (and drew at the time) was further proof that life is all pre-progtammed, thats what deja vus tell us. A similar thing happened when I was a kid at school, seeing thru a deja vu something that was about to happen minutes before it happened and being powerless to alter it as it happened.

Todays incident made me very angry at God and the universe, seeing the veil lifted, i was so angry I switched off the game, realizing its all fake therefore, fake as in pre-programmed. Theres no other way to define premonitions and deja vus like this other than evidence of pre-programming.

It comes off crazy, but im not embarrassed to share.

I have always believed (due to that childhood incident) that life is pre-programmed, theres no free will, that we are all just NPCs with a built in mental guard preventing us from seeing it clearly otherwise we lose meaning purpose.

But it happening many years later, as an adult, reaffirms the childhood impression. I'm angry and disgusted.

The childhood incident was....

I was early teens, 13-14, riding a fairly new push bike home from school one sunny day.

As I came to a T Intersection, I suddenly had an incredibly strong deja vu, strong also because it lasted like 30-60 seconds, it wasnt some fleeting thing, I could vividly see and understand the details.

As I was sitting there on the bike waiting to cross, the deja vu showed me that I would cross the street, up the kerb on the other side, where a liquor store was, I would ride along the sidewalk and then a white car would turn into the street up ahead, drive along a little, and then suddenly enter the driveway of the liquor store without indicating. I would pull hard on my hand brake, but the brake line would suddenly snap and Id go careering into the side of the car, flying over the hood and landing on the sidewalk, knees of my pants torn, blood, bloody grazes on my hands.

I saw all that in very vivid detail BEFORE i ever crossed the road, long before a white car would ever appear too. When the deja vu wore off, and I started to cross the road, I knew exactly what was going to happen but i couldn't stop or even attempt to alter anything. I was gridlocked in to a sequence of events like an NPC.

I used to get déjà vu a lot when I was younger. Not so much these days.

The childhood incident was....

I was early teens, 13-14, riding a fairly new push bike home from school one sunny day.

As I came to a T Intersection, I suddenly had an incredibly strong deja vu, strong also because it lasted like 30-60 seconds, it wasnt some fleeting thing, I could vividly see and understand the details.

As I was sitting there on the bike waiting to cross, the deja vu showed me that I would cross the street, up the kerb on the other side, where a liquor store was, I would ride along the sidewalk and then a white car would turn into the street up ahead, drive along a little, and then suddenly enter the driveway of the liquor store without indicating. I would pull hard on my hand brake, but the brake line would suddenly snap and Id go careering into the side of the car, flying over the hood and landing on the sidewalk, knees of my pants torn, blood, bloody grazes on my hands.

I saw all that in very vivid detail BEFORE i ever crossed the road, long before a white car would ever appear too. When the deja vu wore off, and I started to cross the road, I knew exactly what was going to happen but i couldn't stop or even attempt to alter anything. I was gridlocked in to a sequence of events like an NPC.
But did it come true and you fell off your bike?

Right now I'm having deja vu and amnesia at the same time.

I feel like I've forgotten this before

joke drums GIF by neomagazinroyale

Thing with the EPL game....in short....while nodded off, or in that state of somnolensce, had a premonition in detail of a sequence of play that i thought already happened....so when it started to happen in the 70th minute i knew exactly what was gonna happen and be spoken b the commentators verbatim before it was spoken.

Same with the push bike incident....saw it all as a premonition a couple minutes before it happened, and then when it happened i couldnt alter anything.

So, we're all truly just NPCs and theres no free will etc, everything is predetermined is the only conclusion

I had deja vu once when I got a knock to the head playing footy and saw stars, which would tend to make sense given the scientific explanation is something unusual happening with the brain.

Nice video. Learned theres also Presqur Vu and Jamais Vu.

But I dont buy his explanation. The Deja Vu i had recently wasnt a fleeting thing only moments before the event. I saw but especially heard in great detail something that lasted two minutes long in real time over 20-30 minutes before the event happened. So when it was starting to happen I could recite in my head exactly the words and phrases the color commentator was going to say before he said them. There was like a split second trigger when I saw the pass go wide that initiated the recollection, and i was like 5 seconds ahead of time knowing the sequence and the words to come.

The childhood one was very strong too, but a little different in that the deja vu hit me a minute or so before the events started to unfold. But the soccer one was 20-30 minutes prior.

So....as per thread title.... it's not just the concept of deja vu, but the concept of premonitions. People have had famous ones like knowing/seeing a certain airplane crash and people die, etc.

Predictions and premonitions of a future event that come true..... that's clear evidence imo of life pre-determined, us as NPCs with a fail-safe brain switch to keep us from going mad/sad about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can repeat this under controlled lab conditions then there is scientific proof and you get $1 million.

Challenge was terminated in 2015. :(

Plus, this particular type of paranormal thing (premonitions/predictions) happens randomly, years apart.

Other things like claimed mind over matter, telepathy, etc, is something a person chooses to perform, or claims they can do at will.

One I had from many years ago which still sort of freaks me out. I was in about year 10 I think and had a dream about being back at primary school as you do.

Anyway the next day I was with a mate and we had to go back to said primary school to pick his sister up who was sick.

Hadn’t been at the school since grade 6, amazing coincidence.

I’ve had quite a lot of dejavu over my life. I remember speaking someone about it and they said every life we live we do so to learn a lesson of some sort. Dejavu is a moment during your life where you remember a moment during one of your previous lives. Anyway it sort of resonates with me that maybe this is true, maybe we live hundreds of lifetimes until we know everything we can and can then permanently rest in peace. Who knows.

I firmly believe deja vu is an echo of premonitions -- and that is a clear tell we are just NPCs, life predetermined to the minute detail, like a complex program, and no one can alter or change things as we're locked in to our actions. Like my bicycle experience. And the human mind has a fail-safe built in to not be aware of it 24/7 otherwise we'd go crazy realizing we're robots.

I fail to see a different interpretation to it....if something is foretold, to the T, and it comes true, it can only mean it has to happen, has already all happened in the design of the program as the program executes itself.

The moral/philosophical problem with that is there is no personal meaning to our lives, only an intrinsic purpose to the big picture, life itself. It is intended to start at point A and chronologically follow all the points from B to Z for an intended outcome/conclusion. There is a purpose to that, but for us personally, we are created, written; we are not self-creating, self-writing. Just characters in a novel breaking the fourth wall and realizing it whenever experiencing a deja vu/premonition.

I firmly believe deja vu is an echo of premonitions -- and that is a clear tell we are just NPCs, life predetermined to the minute detail, like a complex program, and no one can alter or change things as we're locked in to our actions. Like my bicycle experience. And the human mind has a fail-safe built in to not be aware of it 24/7 otherwise we'd go crazy realizing we're robots.

I fail to see a different interpretation to it....if something is foretold, to the T, and it comes true, it can only mean it has to happen, has already all happened in the design of the program as the program executes itself.

The moral/philosophical problem with that is there is no personal meaning to our lives, only an intrinsic purpose to the big picture, life itself. It is intended to start at point A and chronologically follow all the points from B to Z for an intended outcome/conclusion. There is a purpose to that, but for us personally, we are created, written; we are not self-creating, self-writing. Just characters in a novel breaking the fourth wall and realizing it whenever experiencing a deja vu/premonition.
Great, I'm stuck in an infinite loop.

Can someone reboot the server please.

I have epilepsy and the feeling of Deja vu is a warning sign for that I might have a seizure
Is that common with people who suffer seizures or just specific to you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back