Media Delayed Media presents: The Definitive Username Ranking

Remove this Banner Ad

Chat Pile

Hammers and grease.
Sweet F.A. Reigning Premiers - Gumbies - SFA
Jun 29, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Hello all. I've been sat on a bunch of half written and poorly thought out media dating back to when I joined in S28. I've decided to ship some of them out, whatever state they may be in. First up one from a season or two ago (can't remember)

Delayed media.png

As a name changing enthusiast I can appreciate the thought that goes into a good choice of name. I can also appreciate that some of you have no taste what so ever and are happy to throw a bunch of characters at a wall and see what sticks.

I developed a scoring system to judge each players name and have ranked you all accordingly to the scores you produced. But hey, science isn't always right and some great names returned a substandard score so I added another column for what score I think your name deserves.

What is the scoring system I developed you ask? Here it is, feel free to play along at home.

IMAG0876_1.jpg

Just a couple points of interest. The highest score achieved was 3.5 and the lowest score was -8.5. A score of 0 means a perfectly acceptable name, average some might say. The white column is the scientific score, the blue column is my personal score.

There are some bloody great examples of top notch names in the league, but this first lot cannot count themselves among them.

The Dregs:
Screenshot_20210907-135509_1.png
(I was going to embed the spreadsheet into the thread but I couldn't get into work so...)

Here are the bottom ranked 20something player names in the league. Here we see a disgusting mix of improper spacing, incorrect capitalisation, numbers replacing letters or even whole words and the dreaded underscore. The worst god damned thing in username history.

There's really not much to say about this group. All I know is these aren't the names of qootballers.

Looking back through the spreadsheet it became clear to me that I was largely very forgiving with my personal scores given to each name. Maybe I'm just more bitter now, but I feel I could have been harsher. Regardless we can see that a few of these bottom tier names were judged to be positives by me. Royboy, Dogs, Thrilla, crazywildhorse, fitzroybowiedog, stkildaman, dockerden and Porps all received my blessing.

While my blessing may be felt, just know that it comes with a heavy dose of "you can do better"

Next update soon.​

Last edited:
There's also likely to be a few old names that have since changed and players that have since joined that aren't on the list. I simply couldn't be bothered updating the spreadsheet. I'll do it as they come. First up is kdavva74 to Dav. Good change. For the better change. I'd give it a score of 3 (which is high)

Hello all. I've been sat on a bunch of half written and poorly thought out media dating back to when I joined in S28. I've decided to ship some of them out, whatever state they may be in. First up one from a season or two ago (can't remember)

View attachment 1228556

As a name changing enthusiast I can appreciate the thought that goes into a good choice of name. I can also appreciate that some of you have no taste what so ever and are happy to throw a bunch of characters at a wall and see what sticks.

I developed a scoring system to judge each players name and have ranked you all accordingly to the scores you produced. But hey, science isn't always right and some great names returned a substandard score so I added another column for what score I think your name deserves.

What is the scoring system I developed you ask? Here it is, feel free to play along at home.

View attachment 1228562

Just a couple points of interest. The highest score achieved was 3.5 and the lowest score was -8.5. A score of 0 means a perfectly acceptable name, average some might say.

There are some bloody great examples of top notch names in the league, but this first lot cannot count themselves among them.

The Dregs:
View attachment 1228571
(I was going to embed the spreadsheet into the thread but I couldn't get into work so...)

Here are the bottom ranked 20something player names in the league. Here we see a disgusting mix of improper spacing, incorrect capitalisation, numbers replacing letters or even whole words and the dreaded underscore. The worst god damned thing in username history.

There's really not much to say about this group. All I know is these aren't the names of qootballers.

Looking back through the spreadsheet it became clear to me that I was largely very forgiving with my personal scores given to each name. Maybe I'm just more bitter now, but I feel I could have been harsher. Regardless we can see that a few of these bottom tier names were judged to be positives by me. Royboy, Dogs, Thrilla, crazywildhorse, fitzroybowiedog, stkildaman, dockerden and Porps all received my blessing.

While my blessing may be felt, just know that it comes with a heavy dose of "you can do better"

Next update soon.​
*! I really need to change my name.

View attachment 1228556

View attachment 1228562

Just a couple points of interest. The highest score achieved was 3.5 and the lowest score was -8.5. A score of 0 means a perfectly acceptable name, average some might say.

The Dregs:
View attachment 1228571

Next update soon.​
Subscribed.

0497 764 248 went straight through to the Daily Planet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had underscores once. Back when they were still cool
I’m not confident Lingua will appreciate the lack of apostrophe mate. I on the hand am used to it and think it’s cute!

The obvious numberphobia of the author of this thread is disturbing.
From memory you got a vibe/context modifier applied to your score so you weren't judged too poorly.

My memory is shocking though.

Shorter is better.

Dav Wosh Moo

just looks nice and slick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back