News Deledio agrees to become a Giant

Remove this Banner Ad

One more. Deledio played 11 games for Richmond this year, with a win-loss record of 6-5 in those games. They went 2-9 in the 11 games he missed.

In 2015 he played 19 games for a 15-4 record. He missed 5 games and they went 1-4 in those games.

In 2014 he played 20 games for a 12-8. He missed 4 games and they went 1-3 in those games.

Very very good player, good character fit, helps us win now.

Cue the Mexican outrage when he runs out on the park with Scully, Whitfield and Patton - that's 4 number 1 picks in the same side.

And all the other top tens and first rounders who don't have to train or do anything - just turn up and they'll win. No hard work or good coaching or development required:rolleyes:

Positives -
*Can play half back, up the guts, small forward
*Can add defensive pressure to forward line
*Beautiful user of the ball both as a connector and also kicking for goal. Is the man that can deliver to Jez and General lace out.
*Experience
*Relatively cheap deal

Negatives -
*Soft tissue injuries
*Dodgy achilles
*Probably costs us a kid

Positives -
*Can play half back, up the guts, small forward
*Can add defensive pressure to forward line
*Beautiful user of the ball both as a connector and also kicking for goal. Is the man that can deliver to Jez and General lace out.
*Experience
*Relatively cheap deal

Negatives -
*Soft tissue injuries
*Dodgy achilles
*Probably costs us a kid

His passing by both hand and foot is some of the best I've ever seen.
Contested marking is outstanding too, he showed up Riewoldt a few times over the past few years.

Anyway, just thought I'd plug my video again.

Wish Lids the best and hope he gets a flag ( deserves it )

Injury concerns are not a major issue , will probably be rested 1-2 games a year but that happens now days and a fit Deledio in a Gun team will be dynamite - You guys will love this bloke as he is a fast , smart , clean , team orientated ,Classy player

He will kill it at the Giants, I will enjoy watching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But seriously I hope he works out better than our other injury plagued mature recruit in Griffen.
Griffen had a more extensive injury history, and is a player who relies on his physical presence to impact contests.

Deledio is capable of winning his own ball, but more importantly for us he can can sit on the outside of the contest and use the ball better than anyone. Don't think age will slow him down to the same extent at all.

Also a vastly superior player to Griffen with both at their best.

Anyone who has any doubts on Deledio, have a long hard look at yourself. Deledio is a bona-fide jet and we are blessed that he has chosen us. Don't bow-down to conspiracy theories, we will not be losing any of our young guns - we want to keep. I stress that "we want to keep"

Anyone who has any thoughts that this is somehow tied in to Whitfield being banned for a period of time again, erase them also.

This trade is a massive win for us. We should be $1.90 flag favourites on the back of this news!

Anyone who has any doubts on Deledio, have a long hard look at yourself. Deledio is a bona-fide jet and we are blessed that he has chosen us. Don't bow-down to conspiracy theories, we will not be losing any of our young guns - we want to keep. I stress that "we want to keep"

Anyone who has any thoughts that this is somehow tied in to Whitfield being banned for a period of time again, erase them also.

This trade is a massive win for us. We should be $1.90 flag favourites on the back of this news!
31decaa4e972df8729719d2fdc903a23.jpg

Not too bad

Yeah
I'd actually prefer we weren't favourites at this stage. But I guess Leon has all off season to make sure the work ethic and hard work that got the guys this far is continued. Vibe is very confident this year, and no bad thing, but I recall Sheedy's speech last year and hope they watch it before getting seriously back into training.

I think the contract is good for us. Around the $500k mark is a common number for our group so nobody should get their nose put out. If the reports on the $$$ amounts the players leaving were on then we have definitely cleared out enough to bring in a player like this and grab kids on draftee contracts, even some spare change for re-signings.

Good luck guys , happy to see him go to GWS. He's been loyal to Tiges for so long and who can begrudge him his chance for success. It's going to be a scary forward half to play against. Looks like both clubs got something out of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back