Rumour Deledio to North

Remove this Banner Ad

For Deledio's sake I'd hope this is rubbish.

North's window is pretty much closed, and he'd just be playing out his career with a side on the slide.

Yes, you've pretty much confirmed FA only works for top four sides ..
No, that's bullshit.

Plenty of players leave for clubs mid-table or on the rise.

Surely North won't be topping up with another over 30?

Pretty sure that's not how you do a rebuild.

But I guess he'd probably just be a replacement for Dal Santo (sort of just running around as an outside mid with stints in other areas where needed)

I don't really rate Deledio as a 'must-get' considering he'd cost a first rounder (contracted) and his injury history is getting worse as he ages (used to be very durable), but I don't necessarily rate it as the worst way of building a list (as in, attracting reasonably quality senior players and just replacing them as they go - a senior replacement for Petrie/Waite would also be needed, unless they back in Brown, Daw and Wood).

Thankfully some sense.
Surely North won't go down this road of stocking up on older players. They have to go back to the draft.

This would be the first time they haven't gone to the draft though in recent years with a first rounder - Dal Santo, Higgins and Waite cost them nothing. Even last year they dropped down the order, rather than losing it completely, to get Anderson.

They are in need of a list dynamic change but I just don't think it'd be smart to put all their eggs into the draft basket. If they can somehow get Deledio and keep their 1st rounder (pick 11ish, depends on academy/FA/priority picks etc) that'd be a win, especially as they filter out decently paid senior players

Perfect for GWS

Would actually agree. Plus GWS can more easily supply Richmond with something in return - surely one of the talked about guys (Steele Tomlinson etc) is actually wanting out and would be amicable to going to Richmond? Seems fairish - a young player with a lot of talent but not proven for an older guy with less time but proven talent?

Would actually agree. Plus GWS can more easily supply Richmond with something in return - surely one of the talked about guys (Steele Tomlinson etc) is actually wanting out and would be amicable to going to Richmond? Seems fairish - a young player with a lot of talent but not proven for an older guy with less time but proven talent?
Nope. Already have Griff holding out young guns. A lot like Lids, Griff is just past his prime and becoming a little injury prone. We don't need the two of them. One would be in the twos quite bit, and that's just not right.

Love to have him. Might actually get to win a final. What a novel feeling that would be for a Richmond player! Nahas certainly enjoyed it.

Straight swap for Majak Daw? He's not very good, but, well, you guys recruited Hampson and Yarran, so you don't really know from good.

You won't make anymore finals. Harvey, Higgins ,DalSanto, Petrie ,Ferritto, Wells, Waite. There isn't a club in a worse position. Forget a rebuild you will be looking for a merger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Joel Selwood flew a helicopter to his house, landed it on his roof and asked him to come to Geelong

You won't make anymore finals. Harvey, Higgins ,DalSanto, Petrie ,Ferritto, Wells, Waite. There isn't a club in a worse position. Forget a rebuild you will be looking for a merger.
For starters Higgins is only 28. North will lose Firrito, Drew, Dal from best 22. Not really losing much on current form with good replacements in Wood, Clarke, EVW. Durdin and McKay looking good in the vfl.

Easy for the simpleminded to fall into the North no youth myth when you are only capable of eating what the media feed the collective gullible masses.

Are you Craig "Hutchy" Hutchinson???

For starters Higgins is only 28. North will lose Firrito, Drew, Dal from best 22. Not really losing much on current form with good replacements in Wood, Clarke, EVW. Durdin and McKay looking good in the vfl.

Easy for the simpleminded to fall into the North no youth myth when you are only capable of eating what the media feed the collective gullible masses.
To be fair, you have at least 10 players over 30 next year and pretty much all are currently in your best 22. You don't need to listen to the media to see that, a simple look at North's list on footy wire will show you.
That said, North have done well. They went all in and fell just short. Wholesale changes will now need to be made for the next tilt.

To be fair, you have at least 10 players over 30 next year and pretty much all are currently in your best 22. You don't need to listen to the media to see that, a simple look at North's list on footy wire will show you.
That said, North have done well. They went all in and fell just short. Wholesale changes will now need to be made for the next tilt.
Yeah I'm not dissapointed we had a shot. We did top out but sometimes you have to take a gamble. We will lose 5or 6 of our over 30s. Drew, Dal, Nahas, Firrito, maybe boomer Waite, wells. Thompson and Swallow are a worry their form has been terrible. Gibson, while a whipping boy for many, I think is underrated.

There are none of those players, except boomer and Wells that are irreplaceable or their form demanding a spot. Will we drop down the ladder a bit? I think we will but this talk of North falling off a cliff is from people who don't know what we have coming through. Wood, Garner, EVW, Clarke, Dumont, Pruess, Turner, Durdin, McKay, Mountford all show good signs to go with our core group of 23-28yo.

So you are a disciple of Hutchy and believe everything he says.

You don't have to be Hutchy to see your club is in for a mountain of trouble. Total rebuild coming up with a club that struggles at the best of times. Just way over invested in too many older players and it is just about to blow up in your face. Good luck....you will need it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back