Deliberate rushed behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Anaheim Angels, UA Crimson Tide
Not often I agree with Razor on the calls he make to get himself noticed, but credit where credit is due on the Deliberate Rushed Behind call.
Fremantle player 12-14m from Goal, under minimal pressure and rushes the ball through. Now if only more Umpires called this in similar scenarios.

When it is as blatant as last Night, no problem with the free kick at the top of the Square.
If it becomes like the deliberate o.o.b interpretations that is where the problem is.

Decision was wrong at the time and I don't buy the AFL's explanation on it at all....another knee jerk interpretation change.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

There was pressure and that therefore is a rushed behind, none of this free kick business.

Then again, Razor Ray does want it to all be about him the filthy maggot.

Pressure? 12-14m from Goal nearest player out of reach, plenty of opportunity to pick the ball up and dispose of it correctly.

The fact he kicked it off the ground was what did him in. I was actually at the game at that end and you could tell he had no intention of keeping that ball in play. As deliberate as it gets, IMO.

I don't necessarily think it was a free kick based on the rules as they stand, but that's the sort of behinds they should be stamping out.

More than likely they won't pay ones just as bad in the future, but players will see this as a message and try to be a little less blatant in their 'attempts'

Decision was wrong at the time and I don't buy the AFL's explanation on it at all....another knee jerk interpretation change.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

There was pressure and that therefore is a rushed behind, none of this free kick business.

Then again, Razor Ray does want it to all be about him the filthy maggot.
What a surprise, a Fremantle fan that doesn't agree with the decision. Take your purple glasses off and see what the rest of the footy world can see.

What a surprise, a Fremantle fan that doesn't agree with the decision. Take your purple glasses off and see what the rest of the footy world can see.

A lot believe the decision was wrong, yeah, that's what I see but there's no complaint from you because your mob benefited from it.

I recommend strongly that you take your black and yellow glasses off and understand the decision was wrong but you won't do that as long as it benefits your team.

A lot believe the decision was wrong, yeah, that's what I see
So many things the Freo player could have done but chose to boot it across the line from some distance. If it was any team other than a Freo bloke you would think otherwise. I suggest the "A lot" you speak of are also Freo fans. Not one in this thread thus far agree with you so you can take that as it is or keep flogging your dead horse.

So many things the Freo player could have done but chose to boot it across the line from some distance. If it was any team other than a Freo bloke you would think otherwise. I suggest the "A lot" you speak of are also Freo fans. Not one in this thread thus far agree with you so you can take that as it is or keep flogging your dead horse.

I've seen neutral supporters say the same thing.

Maybe you need your eyes tested.

I stand by my view that under the current rule it was the wrong decision and that Razor Ray suffers from Relevance Deprivation Syndrome more commonly known as being a Kardashian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the whole deliberate rushed behind rule was a ridiculous knee jerk reaction over nothing.
In the last couple of years they haven't paid it and life has been fine.

I've seen neutral supporters say the same thing.
and where are these?

Maybe you need your eyes tested.
Had that done a few weeks back, 20/20 but thanks for asking

I stand by my view that under the current rule it was the wrong decision and that Razor Ray suffers from Relevance Deprivation Syndrome more commonly known as being a Kardashian.
Why didn't the Freo guy pick it up?

He could have even fumbled it across the line.

He could have knocked back and let one of the other TWO Freo team mates collect it

He could have kicked it off the ground across the face of goal

He could have shepherd it and allowed a team mate to collect it

He had a number of options but chose the kick it through option which the umpire agreed with was the wrong play.

It was a deliberate, the umpire made the right decision and deep down you can see that but are not looking at it with perspective.

and where are these?

Had that done a few weeks back, 20/20 but thanks for asking

Why didn't the Freo guy pick it up?

He could have even fumbled it across the line.

He could have knocked back and let one of the other TWO Freo team mates collect it

He could have kicked it off the ground across the face of goal

He could have shepherd it and allowed a team mate to collect it

He had a number of options but chose the kick it through option which the umpire agreed with was the wrong play.

It was a deliberate, the umpire made the right decision and deep down you can see that but are not looking at it with perspective.

If that was a Richmond player it wouldn't have been paid...guarantee it

Oh boy.....:rolleyes:

Give it up pal, the correct decision was made, deal with it.

Incorrect.

It was wrong and I won't be dictated to by someone

I'll deal with it by heckling all umpires until they get the concept that we're not just here to get screwed over.

Incorrect.

It was wrong and I won't be dictated to by someone

I'll deal with it by heckling all umpires until they get the concept that we're not just here to get screwed over.
No you are incorrect, the umpire made the right call but you are just crying over it, quite sad.

Agree with me and move on. Your team has bigger issues than not understanding the rules of the game.

A lot believe the decision was wrong, yeah, that's what I see but there's no complaint from you because your mob benefited from it.

I recommend strongly that you take your black and yellow glasses off and understand the decision was wrong but you won't do that as long as it benefits your team.

If he did that anywhere else on the field to kill the ball over the boundary it would be deliberate. He could have picked it up, he could have fumbled it over. By kicking it in that direction he deliberately killed the ball. 100% correct decision, despite what your personal feelings about the rule itself are.

Ah Richmond fans defending Razor Ray...after that, they now have no right to criticise umpires ever again.

As for that Dusty Martin example, handball on a dry day through the points compared to a soccer kick off the ground on a WET NIGHT.

Both under pressure which under the rule technically means they shouldn't be paid.

I know which one I would be more likely to pay though and that's not because Freo benefited from it either. Anyone that suggests otherwise is just a halfwit who doesn't know me from a bar of soap and someone that needs to perhaps get to know someone before judging.

If a Richmond player was to do similar to that (ala Martin) then I would be disappointed but not dumb enough to go on & on arguing about it in the face of stupidity to make a point which is in the contrary to 99% of the football community.

Seriously

image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back