Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But since we are specualting, my wife generally has a good instinct on things. she has been right a lot and of course wrong too. but i trust it enough. After giving her a list of names, including sheed, she feels we will recruit Matt Crouch.

thats as good as anyone else has posted here, apart from 1 or two. :) Incidently, why wouldnt we talk about other players like Crouch? he is "highly rated" (there goes my favourite pair of words again). Rated higher than Sheed.

But since we are specualting, my wife generally has a good instinct on things. she has been right a lot and of course wrong too. but i trust it enough. After giving her a list of names, including sheed, she feels we will recruit Matt Crouch.

thats as good as anyone else has posted here, apart from 1 or two. :) Incidently, why wouldnt we talk about other players like Crouch? he is "highly rated" (there goes my favourite pair of words again). Rated higher than Sheed.

Slower and less athletic than Sheed, crap around the ground, average kick. Sure he's better than Sheed.

Remeber he did say at the end of the season he/the players lost faith in the gameplan, could be something to that.

If Melbourne or GWS were offering us a pick in the top 5 for Shuey I'd take it
He said that players had lost faith in it but that they should believe in it because it's the right gameplan. Of course this was under a different coach to who we will have in the future. Doubt there's anything to that in the circumstances.

Who in the top 5 would we back to be better than Shuey, who is probably our most effective and important midfielder in a team crying out for effective midfielders?
Do Aish, Scharenberg or Billings strike anyone as gun clearance midfielders of the future?
No thanks. Like Brown last year; Shuey's value to us is much greater than what teams would be prepared to pay.

simon black? woah well why isnt he rated closer to pick no.1 then? every drafee around this time of year is compared to some sort of champion of the game. All top 30 picks are "highly rated". Otherwise they wouldnt be classed as top 30 18-year olds in the country, now would they? not like recruiters go "yeh we rate this other player highly, but we will draft this other one who we dont rate highly, just because we can". if he is simon black then i am all for drafting him. but lets not kid ourselves.

Have you watched Sheed play Galileo9?

simon black? woah well why isnt he rated closer to pick no.1 then? every drafee around this time of year is compared to some sort of champion of the game. All top 30 picks are "highly rated". Otherwise they wouldnt be classed as top 30 18-year olds in the country, now would they? not like recruiters go "yeh we rate this other player highly, but we will draft this other one who we dont rate highly, just because we can". if he is simon black then i am all for drafting him. but lets not kid ourselves.
I know D&T board is speculative a little in itself, but since we are talking about the board, I I have seen D&T board. Been following it for at least 5 years (prior to actually having my own account). Two of the most knowledgable at the moment Knightmare and Chris 25 rate him about 16/17. They have form over last 5 years and there will be others to come. Now to me that doesnt scream out Simon Black. What the hell are the 15 prior to that? All must be Gary Abletts or something. In any case, Id have one of these. But if we draft Sheed and he actually becomes like Black, then I'll of course be very happy. why wouldnt I?

Well firstly Knightmare actually has him as the 6th best player in the draft ATM in his power rankings (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2013-phantom-draft.983436/).

Carrying on about how Sheed won't necessarily be Simon Black entirely misses my point which was that his ceiling is a lot higher than "Priddis at best", which is what you said. I'm not even suggesting we draft him I'm simply pointing out your depiction of him was wrong. Take you condescension elsewhere.

Have you watched Sheed play Galileo9?

Smannies, my issue isnt with sheed himself. as i have said, if we recruit him and ends up as simon black, i will be extremely happy. extremely. However, its not like sheed love ONLY comes from people who have seen him play. its most definately not. this is a running pattern for us every year. lets list them. garlett, chalwell, that aboriginal kid from up north. there was depression when these guys didnt get drafted!! not just from those that have seen these players play.
so, as I said, my issue is us latching onto a west australia EVERY YEAR purely because he is west australian. if sheed was victorian, i can guarantee you that this "simon black" wouldnt be talked about in such manner here. thats guaranteed. I mean after all, you don't get a simon black every day.

Id rather people read everything I have said in my posts and not just take it as anything sheed specific. I think my points about latching onto a west aussie purely because he is a west aussie is extremely valid. i dont know why as WCE clearly drafts the best in the country early on and isnt swayed by state. later picks ok.

Well firstly Knightmare actually has him as the 6th best player in the draft ATM in his power rankings (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2013-phantom-draft.983436/).

Carrying on about how Sheed won't necessarily be Simon Black entirely misses my point which was that his ceiling is a lot higher than "Priddis at best", which is what you said. I'm not even suggesting we draft him I'm simply pointing out your depiction of him was wrong. Take you condescension elsewhere.

actually he has him as pick 17 in his decriptions....

but if we want to talk about power rankings, matt crouch who is slower, worse kick and cant play around the ground according to easternhills is ranked 4th. by the way, i am more inclined to believe easternhills than Knighmare. Also Chris25's draft description. I have found his to be more on the mark than Knighmares.

I would doubt he's in Coniglio's class though

Coniglio's been a bit underwhelming though.

Sheed is solid and a safe pick. At 6 your getting yourself a good young player.

Smannies, my issue isnt with sheed himself. as i have said, if we recruit him and ends up as simon black, i will be extremely happy. extremely. However, its not like sheed love ONLY comes from people who have seen him play. its most definately not. this is a running pattern for us every year. lets list them. garlett, chalwell, that aboriginal kid from up north. there was depression when these guys didnt get drafted!! not just from those that have seen these players play.
so, as I said, my issue is us latching onto a west australia EVERY YEAR purely because he is west australian. if sheed was victorian, i can guarantee you that this "simon black" wouldnt be talked about in such manner here. thats guaranteed. I mean after all, you don't get a simon black every day.

Id rather people read everything I have said in my posts and not just take it as anything sheed specific. I think my points about latching onto a west aussie purely because he is a west aussie is extremely valid. i dont know why as WCE clearly drafts the best in the country early on and isnt swayed by state. later picks ok.

I think there's a difference between pointing out that we shouldn't just be looking at WA players or indeed Sheed, and:
he is closer to being one of those vanilla midfielders like stevens than someone you think he is, whoever that might be. so far, with all the descriptions that people have put up, at best he is a priddis. slow, cant kick, good with hands. now priddis is good player but lets not forget, never an all australian. not even close.
That is unless you've watched him enough to be confident in your own assessment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

actually he has him as pick 17 in his decriptions....

but if we want to talk about power rankings, matt crouch who is slower, worse kick and cant play around the ground according to easternhills is ranked 4th. by the way, i am more inclined to believe easternhills than Knighmare. Also Chris25's draft description. I have found his to be more on the mark than Knighmares.

Dude ffs, the descriptions is the mock draft and the power ranking are where he rates the players. You are the one who said you rated his opinion in the first place! However now that it doesn't support your argument its trash apparently.

Ok so Chris25's draft description is more on the mark... but you haven't actually seen Sheed play :rolleyes: I give up.

Sorry, Probably not my area to say anything,

Firstly, I would be jealous if you pick up Sheed. I have had been wishing St kilda would pick him up, But I don't see that happening, Sadly. So if you do, you will be picking up a great player!

I have been put on him a few times when he was playing here before he joined the AFL-AIS squad. The kid is a gun, In my opinion he actually has a GREAT footy mind, doesn't matter how much you tried to coral him he had already had the next play or two in his head planned. When I got matched up on him we were playing on the wing, He was great at knowing when to sneak forward and when to sweep down to the back. Don't think he really gets put in positions where he actually has to use full pace as I have said before, It is like he has the next step/action already in his head. He is good at positioning, Knowing where to be at the right time, He knew where the big sticks were. He did have a beautiful kick when he was here, Not sure what it is like now because I haven't got to see much of him since he left here. Was never scared to put his head over the ball & leaves it all on the field!

Sorry, This is just from personal experience and still hold out a little hope my saints can draft him!

But family full of west coast fans, I won't mind if they pick him up!

That's not why I was asking Galileo9. I had similar reservations about him until I made a point to watch him at an U18s match, a couple in fact. Then I formed a stronger opinion. :thumbsu:

Kambalda Saints description above is pretty accurate. I would describe him as a priddis type, but more dynamic in traffic.

Have heard a rumour (from a nobody, so holds no water) that Smith is heading back to Vic. What would he be worth?
Anything less than 2nd round pick is probably not worth it, might as well keep him and hope he comes good.

Might depend on us getting Yeo.
If we do want to trade him, I'd say a 3rd round pick or a 2nd round pick upgrade is about what he's worth.
Certainly a glut of small/medium defenders on our list; Hurn, Waters, Butler, Smith, Brennan, Bennell, Wilson and Carter as well as Morton, McGinnity and Tunbridge who can play there too. For that reason I doubt we'd stand in his way if he wanted a trade.

Have heard a rumour (from a nobody, so holds no water) that Smith is heading back to Vic. What would he be worth?
Anything less than 2nd round pick is probably not worth it, might as well keep him and hope he comes good.
I think the very best we can hope for is upgrade of picks.
If we're very lucky perhaps our 3rd for someones 2nd.

He's not worth a 2nd rounder on its own currently.

We would be better off trying to get an underperforming young player from another club for Smith. Clubs overrate draft picks way too much and we would get basically nothing for him in terms of draft picks.

Remeber he did say at the end of the season he/the players lost faith in the gameplan, could be something to that.

If Melbourne or GWS were offering us a pick in the top 5 for Shuey I'd take it

lol... overrating the draft.

would not give up shuey, he is more valuable to us then other teams.

lol. you bad mouth sheed sighting a priddis like player then name crouch. Crouch at this point is about one dimensional as priddis. Maybe a better decision maker by hand. Not what west coast need at all.

That's not why I was asking Galileo9. I had similar reservations about him until I made a point to watch him at an U18s match, a couple in fact. Then I formed a stronger opinion. :thumbsu:

Kambalda Saints description above is pretty accurate. I would describe him as a priddis type, but more dynamic in traffic.

would you be happy if we picked sheed up swannies?

you are kidding arent you? this sheed crap going on over last 5 months is pissing me off. he is closer to being one of those vanilla midfielders like stevens than someone you think he is, whoever that might be. so far, with all the descriptions that people have put up, at best he is a priddis. slow, cant kick, good with hands. now priddis is good player but lets not forget, never an all australian. not even close.

Masto like levels of ignorance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back