List Mgmt. Delisted: Best Wishes to Troy Menzel and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is an angry Crow supporter.

Lee Gaskin isn't a crow or power supporter think he's originally from Canberra, AFL media hired him to cover SA probably due to his impartiality. Like most writing for what in essence is another Victorian media arm he usually ends up doing confirmation pieces or speculation pieces to drag in Victorian readers, didn't used to mind him but found him really reaching in articles this year to fill the AFL Media's quotas.

His fitness when he came to the Crows was atrocious. So far off the mark. Appears to have lifted it a bit but still lacks any real desire to play football. One of those annoying cases.

Take a look at blokes who work their asses off to even get looked at but lack the natural ability. Combine someone like that with Menzel’s ability and you’ve got an absolute jet.

Ah well.

Yes sadly I think it's going to be a case one day of "Hey - didn't you used to be Troy Menzel?"

Come on down the bay Troy - you can help us win a GF...

Or maybe just a final...

Or maybe just a game...:huh:

Lee Gaskin isn't a crow or power supporter think he's originally from Canberra, AFL media hired him to cover SA probably due to his impartiality. Like most writing for what in essence is another Victorian media arm he usually ends up doing confirmation pieces or speculation pieces to drag in Victorian readers, didn't used to mind him but found him really reaching in articles this year to fill the AFL Media's quotas.
Its OK to be wrong

Menzel is TPP management I reckon. His payout goes on this years, freeing a couple hundred up next year. Indicates we're going to trade I reckon, as we'll be paying a recruit more than a draftee.

Think Wigg stays because of Brodie. CEY gets a year to prove himself. Could maybe see Hunter drop off the rookie list. Not sure about Beech.

I'll be very surprised if we take more than 2 first rounders to the draft.

CEY delisted and then rookie listed IMO

Why on earth would you announce a delisting at the club b'n'f? It's supposed to be a celebration, not a funeral.
They really shouldn't have played Born to be Alive in the background when announcing it.

Last edited:
Surprised Wigg and Hunter didn't get the chop. Think Beech and CEY will get a 1-year rookie contract.

I thought Menzel looked good against WWT late in the season. I think the problem is that he is not able to play THE MAESTRO's game plan. At the pre GF open training at Adelaide Oval we ran one drill where players had to work their way through a heap of defenders by hand or foot. Menzel kept missing targets and I thought, well that is why he hasn't been given a game. His fitness was OK this year and his intensity and tackling good but he could only play as a high half forward in our structure.

Dean Gore did everything he was asked to do but others in our squad do it better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised with Dean Gore, I made the call late last year after seeing him a few times at SANFL level that he was never going to play a game for us.

If anything I would have pulled a 40 year old Robert Shirley (who used to be my number 1 whipping boy) out of retirement and put him in the side long before I would have given Dean Gore a game.

I'm disappointed with Menzel because the talent was there, he just couldn't make the most of his opportunities. A small part of me is worried that this might come back to bite us if he goes to another club.

Just to recap...Dangerfield and pick 50 traded to Geelong for Gore, Pick 9 and 28.

Gore came with big wraps. I remember seeing his introduction to the squad on the Crows website and the reaction from the players was very encouraging but as we waited to see his potential to alleviate the loss of Dangerfield it eventually became obvious....we had been done over. Todays delisting has confirmed our eagerness to get that trade completed quickly really didn't bear fruit. Someone please remind me why we didn't push harder! Our only other trades that year were for Hampton and Seedsman who each had absolutely nothing to do with the Dangerfield trade.
Oh! there was one other......

Troy Menzel.....(Sam Kerridge and pick 28 from Geelong)...He had his chances to break into the team this year but showed little if anything. He was even more disappointing than Gore considering his early career with Carlton and those glimpses of brilliance during last season's SANFL finals.

So our last hope to finally get something back at Geelong rests with Milera (their pick 9)! But his progress has not been as expected. His career is mirroring Menzel to some degree. He looks to have loads of talent but struggles to produce. in fact his performances this year were less than inspiring IMO.

Here's hoping Milera finally gets that he is good enough for AFL in 2018 and makes us forget about that ordinary trade deal.

Wigg a chance to land at Gold Coast according to a relative of his

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wigg a chance to land at Gold Coast according to a relative of his
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably as a delisted free agent. Can't see us getting anything of value for him and we should let him go for more opportunity.

Menzel being paid even close to what the rest of our SANFL players are on would still be in our squad, Menzel on

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We always announce this after the B&F. The iming this time around is off a bit. Why couldn’t we wait until Monday? Why do it a day after the B&F?! Not a hangable offense but maybe hold off a bit given the crap we are copped from everywhere.

Back in the days we announced delistings after the trade period. Now we do it before it even starts.

Once it's clear that nobody is interested in trading for the player I don't see the point in waiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back