List Mgmt. DFA 2016: Period #3 opens 26/11 (Player List & Signings in OP)

Which DFA would you like most?

• Barlow (FRE)

Votes: 40 21.3%
  • Grigg (ADE)

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Henderson (ADE)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dempsey (ESS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dea (ESS)

• Russell (GCS)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Grimes (MEL)

• Dawes (MEL)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • McKenzie (NM)

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Templeton (STK)

• Richards (SYD)

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • McInnes (WCE)

• Brown (WCE)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Litherland (HAW)

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • O'Shea (PA)

• Not Listed

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Barrett (GWS)

Votes: 37 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No I'm not earl I am a member of our beloved team only started posting recently I only post if a I am certain of something or have an opinion cheers guys.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whether this is true or not, we've got no other basis for your information, given you haven't made any posts before today.

In addition, your tit-for-tat defence of every reply does zero for your cred either in a fast-moving thread. Earl was a delusional narcissist who seems to be hell bent on making a career out of sounding like he knows things, so best practice here might be to not repeat any of his mistakes.

Fair enough but give me a break only just started I have been following all these posts trades players etc that don't make sense makes me laugh I just started If I have an opinion I will comment if I know of something I will go with it I don't make things up your allowed to have your opinion as do others because I am the same I just don't offend others opinion cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough but give me a break only just started I have been following all these posts trades players etc that don't make sense makes me laugh I just started If I have an opinion I will comment if I know of something I will go with it I don't make things up your allowed to have your opinion as do others because I am the same I just don't offend others opinion cheers.

Just make sure you use some punctuation occasionally too. ;)

Don't take it personally bB4l, the catch cry "take it to the bank" had been used numerous time by a Carlton Facebook/Twitter "club insider" flog/troll over the past 2 weeks.
An unfortunate use of words on your part in this case.. ...

(Or was it...... )

200w_d-58.gif

He's had some poor moments in games, but from what I've seen has been pretty consistent, leads well and kicks solidly at goal. Decent 3rd tall, especially for free, I would have thought.

13.7 from 10 games, but four of those were finals.
Similar role to a Mitch McGovern type would you think Athomas?

9af4fb8b5e0a48451a8ee617e774e3a8.gif

If we use pick 70, that's 6 draft picks, and we'd have to delist 4. Add a DFA and it's 5. Add a second DFA, and we either delist Buckley, or we take a salary cap hit by delisting Jones or Jaksch.

If we bring Downie, or any other 20-something developing ruck in, they're going to have the same problem as Downie had at GWS, which is too many rucks playing in the twos (4, if you count Gorringe and Levi).

We rarely sent Korcheck to the development league to get more minutes, so they will likely suffer here too. The goal for us should be to find a kid or a mature guy who will quickly supplant Phillips' standing on the list at present.
Thoughts re delisting a player or two with a view to add them as rookies?

What we really need is players with speed, who can hit targets, and unfortunately there's not a lot of players in this field that get a pass on both those qualifiers. We've seen with Sam Kerridge, he can get it 25 times, but if he turns it over 10 times, then what use is he?!? Barlow is slow and he doesn't hit targets, which is why he's no longer needed at Freo.

Based on that criteria, my choice would be between Nick Dal Santo (Slowish, Elite Skills,) Mitch Grigg (Slow with a great left foot,) and Luke Russell (Above average speed, good disposal.) I think I'd actually go with Russell, because I think he has more upside, in a professional environment.

Like your post. We do need to clean up efficiency but we we seem to forget that any onballer under pressure looking up the field to that forward line is going to turn the ball over a lot more than one with multiple forward options. Our inside 50's count is actually comparable to good sides most weeks but it comes straight back out.

Back