List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agency 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Into the bargain bin we go! Lodgements have been made, and I've got my favourites (update: and signings) listed, along with every other potential recruit.

Adelaide:
Ellis-Yolmen
Gore
T.Menzel
Brisbane: J.Clayton
C.Beams
Close
Freeman
Grewar
Hammelmann
Hanley
Harwood
Jansen
William
Carlton:
Boekhorst
Buckley
Gallucci
Jaksch
Palmer
Sheehan
Smedts
Sumner
S.White
Collingwood: Oxley, Keeffee
L.Mackie
M.McCarthy
Ramsay
Schade
Essendon: Morgan
Bird
Hocking
Howlett
Fremantle:
Clarke
S.Collins
Deluca
Griffin
Suban
Uebergang
Geelong:
Cowan
Hayball
Ruggles
Gold Coast: McKenzie
Brooksby
Currie
Davis
Grant
Hallahan
Loersch
Shaw
Willis
GWS:
Reid
Hawthorn: Hartung
Stewart
Willsmore
Melbourne: Jack Trengove
Hulett
B.Kennedy
Spencer
Mitch White
North: Mullett
Fordham
Hansen
Taylor
Lindsay Thomas
C.Wagner
Port Adelaide:
Eddy
J.Palmer
Matt White
Richmond:
Batchelor
Elton
Hunt
Lennon
Morris
St. Kilda:
Baker-Thomas
Coughlan
Holmes
O'Kearney
L.Pierce
Sydney:
Sam Fisher
B.Jack
A.Johnson
Leonardis
M.Talia
West Coast:
Gorter
J.Hill
T.Lamb
Snadden
Tunbridge
Wellingham
Western Bulldogs:
Crameri
Hamilton
Pruden
R.Smith
Tweedie

Last edited:

Would Sam Collins be worth a phone call??
Don't think he'd beat any of our defenders in a foot race, and he's not particularly strong.

Someone will look at him, but we're stocked. I wouldn't be against a defensively-minded medium utility, but that's about it.

Josh Clayton was playing inside mid for the Lions' NEAFL team, but he can also play back and forward.

Seriously don't understand the love for Mullet ... couldn't get a game at North FFS!
And yet he played 85 in 7 seasons for North, including 18 this year.

Injury's the only thing that's really stopped him from being selected since 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet he played 85 in 7 seasons for North, including 18 this year.

Injury's the only thing that's really stopped him from being selected since 2013.

North are in shambles...their list management recently has been atrocious. Surely they should have kept Mullett at least on a cheap contract...they're not exactly brimming with amazing young talent in defence.

They really should have kept Gibson too as a reward for his performance...sets a bad culture example to cut a guy who finished in the top 6 of your b&f two years running and didn't miss a game.

North are in shambles...their list management recently has been atrocious. Surely they should have kept Mullett at least on a cheap contract...they're not exactly brimming with amazing young talent in defence.

They really should have kept Gibson too as a reward for his performance...sets a bad culture example to cut a guy who finished in the top 6 of your b&f two years running and didn't miss a game.
As far as flankers and outside types go, they're going OK:

Defensive run: Atley, Marley Williams, Luke McDonald, Mountford, Hibberd
Attacking types: Zurhaar, Simpkin, Ahern, Josh Williams, Anderson

What they need to do is turn some of these kids and Atley into bonafide mids. They've got some other options in the mix for that as well, not to mention their senior core. Pick 4 will help them to develop that further.

I'd love Simpkin, Zurhaar and Williams on our list right now.

Seriously don't understand the love for Mullet ... couldn't get a game at North FFS!

Mullet every game for North when fit this year and in the second half of last year.

His 2017 season seems to have been objectively pretty good - his SEN ratings are very consistent, with only 2 bad games for the year.

On the flipside, he's a shortish small defender who doesn't have a huge upside, he's 25 (nearly 26), and his 2016 was consistently poor (despite holding his spot in the team).

I actually think he'd be decent for us though. He's not a world-beater, but we don't have a genuine small defender at all. We've got Simpson, Docherty, Williamson and Byrne, who all provide run from the backline and are more attacking/zoning players. We got carved up by small forwards (particularly early in the year).

Would allow Docherty/Plowman to have less responsibilities on the Betts/Gray types, which helps us in the air and on the rebound. I'd be ok with us having a punt on him

I'd also love to take a punt on Ellis-Yolman. Sure, he's got a bad injury history and is 24. But he has upside, and if he came good he could be a really good player. It's a free hit - we'll need to keep rolling over players to bring in draft picks and talent in the next few years anyway. As an added bonus, I think he's a perfect fit for Essendon and could be a genuine star in their midfield as the grunt alongside their outside runners, and I don't want them to get him...

We’ve moved out another 13 so there’ll be a few DFA’s coming in I’d say. 42 players in 3 yrs. 15, 14 and 13 over the last 3 yrs. wow!

Shaw is there, one of our rumoured targets. I don’t mind ‘kick like a mule’ McKenzie of HBF/Wing also. Liked O’Kearney in his draft year. A NM mate says Mullett goes well and will be a good fit. I just got a feeling Trengove still has game left and as a vet mid adds a bit to our senior depth even at 25/26. Lamb as a fwd/mid. Ellis-Yolmen definitely if we have a spot left to fill. And for a smokey, Harwood from BRI. Solid HB that reminds me just a bit of Weiter.

None of the DFA's appeal at all tome. There's good reasons why they're not required at the old clubs, and while Mullet might be a fringe 22 player for us, we still have enough experienced players in that category already.

As for Ellis-Yolmen, even when fit he is no better than very average.

We've just got rid of a bunch of 'list cloggers', let's not intentionally go and get more.

Their list manager has watched SOS wheeling and dealing to get picks into the club and thinks he's worked out his own little loophole, if you delist a player, you get to have another draft pick. Genius.

I reckon it will be Hartung and Mullet experienced with leg speed & endurance both an upgrade on our delistings.

Agree, Do you really think they’ll come over on 1 year deals though?

Whomever we pick, and there’s no doubt we have to now, cannot compromise our ability to go deep in next years draft and hit FA hard.

Mullett is clearly the best player available this year so I'm happy that looks like going through as early as today.

Like many I am surprised the Roos cut him and at 26 he's certainly capable of playing good football for us for a couple of years whilst the youngsters develop around him.

Has played predominantly off half back over the past few years but his defensive game is limited so I'd say his best position is a little further up the ground - on a wing or even a half forward flank. He lacks physicality but his disposal is generally excellent.

Very much like a 'Tuohy-lite' now that I think of a comparison.

We've got Simpson, Docherty, Williamson and Byrne...
Simmo isn't getting any younger, there's the constant talk of Doc's midfield minutes increasing, Willo is just starting out (and looks really good), and Byrne has a shocking injury history. The Mullet signing makes sense, especially 'for free'.

I'd also love to take a punt on Ellis-Yolman. Sure, he's got a bad injury history and is 24. But he has upside, and if he came good he could be a really good player. It's a free hit - we'll need to keep rolling over players to bring in draft picks and talent in the next few years anyway. As an added bonus, I think he's a perfect fit for Essendon and could be a genuine star in their midfield as the grunt alongside their outside runners, and I don't want them to get him...
The talk is that Adelaide are going to rookie him but I wouldn't be opposed to picking him up if he was keen. Certainly some potential there if he can get on the park. Again, it's a DFA 'free hit' so if they feel he's got more potential upside than a pick 91 (or Smedts) then I don't have any issues with picking him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back