List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agency 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Voss doing the recruiting at Port, it feels very Brisbane 2009.

Too bad we didn't have any older drunks on the list. We could have gotten a young KP and 1st round pick for....

Only watched him live once and even before I knew of his reputation, he struck me as a selfish player.
He just seemed to be doing things to look more flashy, when there no need to be doing them and didn't look out for team-mates. It stuck out.
So... arrogant and/or narcissistic?

So... arrogant and/or narcissistic?

I saw selfishness. Whether he's arrogant or narcissistic, I can't tell you. I don't know him.

His on-field actions seemed to be of an individual who wanted to put himself ahead of his team, as he held the ball for too long, trying to do something clever ahead of passing the ball off to team-mates in the open. Close up, I'm confident that was the case, on that day at least.

I saw selfishness. Whether he's arrogant or narcissistic, I can't tell you. I don't know him.

His on-field actions seemed to be of an individual who wanted to put himself ahead of his team, as he held the ball for too long, trying to do something clever ahead of passing the ball off to team-mates in the open. Close up, I'm confident that was the case, on that day at least.
Your second paragraph was the big knock against Goddard in his draft year, and also a young lad by the name of Fevola if I’m not mistaken. I’m sure there are plenty of other examples still in the league, in fact I just read Darlings name with a similar response. Sign him on a 1 year prove it or move it deal. No real harm done. He’s not a rookie anymore and it would be his next to last chance to prove himself. He fits our age/rebuild demographic and has shown serious skills. I don’t think he’s a bust yet or fools gold and I’d rather confidence in his own ability than the opposite. Another example of many spots available - worth the gamble IMO.

I was quoting Spiderman when I called him 'brilliant but lazy', but the guy has an elite endurance base: he ran the 7th best 3km time ever. You don't get that from being lazy.

FIGJAM was a believable story; him not being the most clever was believable, but I don't think for a second he's lazy.
He's lazy when it comes to game day. Just one example, he was playing forward this particular day and his opponent kept running off him. The runner went out to him and told him to man up. His response was its too hard and he stuffed. This came directly from one of his U16 coaches.

Your second paragraph was the big knock against Goddard in his draft year, and also a young lad by the name of Fevola if I’m not mistaken. I’m sure there are plenty of other examples still in the league, in fact I just read Darlings name with a similar response. Sign him on a 1 year prove it or move it deal. No real harm done. He’s not a rookie anymore and it would be his next to last chance to prove himself. He fits our age/rebuild demographic and has shown serious skills. I don’t think he’s a bust yet or fools gold and I’d rather confidence in his own ability than the opposite. Another example of many spots available - worth the gamble IMO.

Firstly, aren't West Coast set to rookie him?

Maybe he's just not that good a player/character and maybe not the 'type' that we'd look at.
If for some reason, we chose to trump W.C. then fine, but given what we have been doing, it's hard to see how he'd come into a discussion for us.

I'd sooner rookie Jaksch.

He's lazy when it comes to game day. Just one example, he was playing forward this particular day and his opponent kept running off him. The runner went out to him and told him to man up. His response was its too hard and he stuffed. This came directly from one of his U16 coaches.
You can’t just come in here and quote fact in an attempt to shoot down my dreams and aspirations. This place is for BS and innuendo. The truth has no place here. Wash your mouth out. Now..... onto my next list clogger. Aah - Trengove. Now.........what..........damn!!!!

Firstly, aren't West Coast set to rookie him?

Maybe he's just not that good a player/character and maybe not the 'type' that we'd look at.
If for some reason, we chose to trump W.C. then fine, but given what we have been doing, it's hard to see how he'd come into a discussion for us.

I'd sooner rookie Jaksch.
Harks.....you didn’t say the J word........did you?!?!?

Harks.....you didn’t say the J word........did you?!?!?

Jaksch? The knock on him was that he was somewhat lazy and yes, I saw that at times, but I saw some good also.

He's well out of the picture now and won't be rookied, if for no other reason than we're loaded up on talls and we have to give Kerr a chance at taking the key forward post in the 2's for the sake of his development.

I don't mind Ruggles reckon with more development and opportunity could be serviceable.
We need to fill at least another two spots on the main list is that correct?
Yes we do........and I agree Ruggles is worth having a look at.......Cats are likely to rookie him or take him with a very late pick, so why not.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only there was a website that had this info. :eek:

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-12/when-is-the-2017-afl-trade-period

Wednesday November 1 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) begins

Wednesday November 8 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes

Friday November 10 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) begins

Friday November 17, 5pm - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes

Saturday November 25 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) begins

Sunday November 26, 2pm - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) closes

Wednesday November 29, 2pm - Final AFL club list lodgement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back