List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agency 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1) ; Rookie Promotion to Primary List; Retained 2nd & 3rd Year Rookies; International Scholarship Player; Alternate Talent Player Nominations; Club Notification of Rookie Players Not Accepting a Contract of Offer; Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son; Northern Academy, Next Generation Academy Players Lodged; TPP Pre-Season Estimates (1).

Friday 1 November -
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences
Monday 11 November- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes, Out of Contract Listed AFLPrimary List Players Draft Nomination Form and Player Request for Removal from List Form Lodged with AFL

Tuesday 12 November 2pm -
List Lodgement (2); TPP Pre-Season Estimates (2)

Wednesday 13 November -
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Friday 22 November 2pm -
NAB AFL Trade Period Closes (for exchange of selections only); Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Non–Retained Rookie Players Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Players Not Registered or Played for Three years Rookie List Form Lodgement; New or Expired (after 3 years) Draft Nomination Form Lodgement, AFL Father-Son Bidding Nominations, Final Draft Nomination Form Lodgement.

Friday 22 November 5pm -
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Wednesday 27 November 7pm - 9.30pm -
NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round One), Marvel Stadium.

Thursday 28 November 7pm - 9.30pm -
NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round Two onwards to conclusion).

Thursday 28 November (post draft) -
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3)

Monday 2 December 2pm - Final AFL Club List Lodgement

The first delisted free agency period for 2019 starts Friday 1 November 2019.

Delisted Free Agents linked to Port to date include:

Wylie Buzza
Matthew Allen
Kaiden Brand

Thursday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1) ; Rookie Promotion to Primary List; Retained 2nd & 3rd Year Rookies; International Scholarship Player; Alternate Talent Player Nominations; Club Notification of Rookie Players Not Accepting a Contract of Offer; Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son; Northern Academy, Next Generation Academy Players Lodged; TPP Pre-Season Estimates (1).

Friday 1 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences
Monday 11 November- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes, Out of Contract Listed AFLPrimary List Players Draft Nomination Form and Player Request for Removal from List Form Lodged with AFL

Tuesday 12 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2); TPP Pre-Season Estimates (2)

Wednesday 13 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Friday 22 November 2pm - NAB AFL Trade Period Closes (for exchange of selections only); Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Non–Retained Rookie Players Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Players Not Registered or Played for Three years Rookie List Form Lodgement; New or Expired (after 3 years) Draft Nomination Form Lodgement, AFL Father-Son Bidding Nominations, Final Draft Nomination Form Lodgement.

Friday 22 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Wednesday 27 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round One), Marvel Stadium.

Thursday 28 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round Two onwards to conclusion).

Thursday 28 November (post draft) - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3)

Monday 2 December 2pm - Final AFL Club List Lodgement

The first delisted free agency period for 2019 starts Friday 1 November 2019.

Delisted Free Agents linked to Port to date include:

Wylie Buzza
Matthew Allen
Kaiden Brand

So we should have an answer on Sam Gray by 2pm tomorrow then?

So we should have an answer on Sam Gray by 2pm tomorrow then?
Nah, the club will see if someone else picks him up and if not give him a sympathy contract. I can't trust this mob until the last possible date has passed and we've resisted retaining a Ken favourite that will only impede the development of players needed by our next coach.

Nah, the club will see if someone else picks him up and if not give him a sympathy contract. I can't trust this mob until the last possible date has passed and we've resisted retaining a Ken favourite that will only impede the development of players needed by our next coach.

But he would at least have to be de-listed by tomorrow and then we give the standard line that "Sam will be re-drafted if he does not secure a contract elsewhere, etc".

All I wanna f****** see is him off the list, even if it's for a month.

But he would at least have to be de-listed by tomorrow and then we give the standard line that "Sam will be re-drafted if he does not secure a contract elsewhere, etc".

After seeing sgray as the lone forward against three talls, if it takes for him to be out of the club forever for that to never happen again, so be it.

Sam Gray is as honest a footballer as they come and the least of our problems.
It's just more window dressing.

I'm not particularly a fan of SGray, nor am I defending him.

I'm curious though. Has there ever been a player who played 20 games in a season, averaged 18 disposals and 1 goal a match, who then got delisted? Or just one who played 20 games and got delisted?

It seems to me that you either keep a player like that as depth or (and I am sure this will get the popular vote) he has been vastly overplayed during the season.

It just seems an unusual situation. Possibly a player near the end of their career has played that many games and been delisted, especially if a new coach is coming in. For example, Jarman/McGuiness played 17/18 games in 96 before getting turfed by Malcolm Blight but that was more a statement kind of thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not particularly a fan of SGray, nor am I defending him.

I'm curious though. Has there ever been a player who played 20 games in a season, averaged 18 disposals and 1 goal a match, who then got delisted? Or just one who played 20 games and got delisted?

It seems to me that you either keep a player like that as depth or (and I am sure this will get the popular vote) he has been vastly overplayed during the season.

It just seems an unusual situation. Possibly a player near the end of their career has played that many games and been delisted, especially if a new coach is coming in. For example, Jarman/McGuiness played 17/18 games in 96 before getting turfed by Malcolm Blight but that was more a statement kind of thing.

Ken loves him, maybe Cripps see him the way we see him

result - plays 20 games then gets delisted

Cripps has spoken highly of Woodcock and tobin cox and believes they will get chances next year as well.

I guess that means we have our eyes on a delisted player.

sam was great depth and played some great games for us, but the fact that he’s played so many games for us is not a good thing, this feels like a step for the future knowing ken won’t be there after 2020 and trying to turf a coaches favourite that doesn’t have a place in the side.

hopefully this opens the door for a cox, woodcock, Farrell or patmore to show they belong without the worry of having a bad game and being replaced by Sam straight away

Ken loves him, maybe Cripps see him the way we see him

result - plays 20 games then gets delisted

Cripps has spoken highly of Woodcock and tobin cox and believes they will get chances next year as well.

Yeah, I like Cox. A good mark for his size and has a bit of mongrel about him. Reminds me of Monfries. Had the yips in the finals but I don't think that's a long term thing. Farrell seems to drift out of games to easily but makes the most of his opportunities. Woodcock too soon for me to tell.

SGray. He certainly had his opportunities. Much maligned. I'm not sure it's entirely his fault we kept bombing it to him and two tall opposition defenders but he did seem to be all too willing to play like a tall forward. Just not a good fit as a small forward really. Was often useful in other roles.

I guess that means we have our eyes on a delisted player.

sam was great depth and played some great games for us, but the fact that he’s played so many games for us is not a good thing, this feels like a step for the future knowing ken won’t be there after 2020 and trying to turf a coaches favourite that doesn’t have a place in the side.

hopefully this opens the door for a cox, woodcock, Farrell or patmore to show they belong without the worry of having a bad game and being replaced by Sam straight away

I would suggest 2 delisted players have we lost AFL ready big players in trades.

I think most people here seemed to have missed what was reported. This is Sam Gray walking out on us, not us getting rid of him.

All the games he played this year are irrelevant because he was still the best performing option for his role in 2019 and we still wanted to keep him as depth on our list. Having said that he's not a massive loss and hopefully some of our other small forwards can step up next year.

I think most people here seemed to have missed what was reported. This is Sam Gray walking out on us, not us getting rid of him.

All the games he played this year are irrelevant because he was still the best performing option for his role in 2019 and we still wanted to keep him as depth on our list. Having said that he's not a massive loss and hopefully some of our other small forwards can step up next year.
This just highlights where we are at.

He's walking out on us because he wants a two year contract and we won't offer it to him. If it were up to me we wouldn't even be offering him a one year deal, but it's not quite as simple as 'he's walking out on us, not us getting rid of him'.

:think: Yeah? Thats not at all what I have got from this!
He's walking out on us because he wants a two year contract and we won't offer it to him. If it were up to me we wouldn't even be offering him a one year deal, but it's not quite as simple as 'he's walking out on us, not us getting rid of him'.
Exackery! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back