List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agency 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

we have both

Already wrongly retained Trent McKenzie
Yeah, but McKenzie isn't a KPD.
I'd be ok with taking him, on the proviso we still look to get in a KPD (195cm+) and as soon as that young KPD has the body for AFL games he plays. In the interim the rest of our players get used to having a structure with a proper sized KPD instead of all these 'plays talls' types like McKenzie and Jonas.

Yeah, but McKenzie isn't a KPD.
I'd be ok with taking him, on the proviso we still look to get in a KPD (195cm+) and as soon as that young KPD has the body for AFL games he plays. In the interim the rest of our players get used to having a structure with a proper sized KPD instead of all these 'plays talls' types like McKenzie and Jonas.
Would prefer to draft a young guy to get emergency games than dump them into Hartley

And McKenzie isnt a KPP sure but do you imagine our selectors care

but do you imagine our selectors care
This is the problem with our list management though. How we need to manage our list is dictated to at the moment by the fact Hinkley can't be trusted to use the list properly. E.g. Sam Gray would have been fine as a depth player the last 3 or 4 years or even the next couple, but because he was a fixture, he should have been moved on 2 or 3 years ago.

There needs to be a clear direction on where (/when) our list is headed and an iron clad selection policy based on that put in place. Ken still gets to choose players, but they have to be within the dictates of the overarching policy (which should be play youth and play with a proper structure. And if youth gives structures, you can't use the latter as an excuse to ignore the former - ie. Hoff over Howard).

we have both

Already wrongly retained Trent McKenzie
Nah I reckon he should be doing the kick-ins after oppo points especially with the new rule of not having to bounce

or kick to yourself from the goal square. He had a good year with our Maggies and deserves a list spot.

Hartley: Born: 7 June 1993 (age 26 years), New South Wales
Height: 1.98 m
Weight: 102 kg

Apparently Hawthorn have shown interest. To get him we would probably have to offer a two year deal.

Hartley's stats look good. Maybe we jumped too early on Wylie Buzza?

If we take Hartley we will will probably have two guys competing for one spot and unless injury strikes at least one of them is likely to be playing SANFL.

Apparently Hawthorn have shown interest. To get him we would probably have to offer a two year deal.

Hartley's stats look good. Maybe we jumped too early on Wylie Buzza?

If we take Hartley we will will probably have two guys competing for one spot and unless injury strikes at least one of them is likely to be playing SANFL.

Aside from the fact that Hartley and Buzza play entirely different positions, sure.

One gives us kpf depth the other kpd I wouldn't be against it. Still think we should of got brand but Hartley would give us good kpd depth we need not that the club sees it that way so won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One gives us kpf depth the other kpd I wouldn't be against it. Still think we should of got brand but Hartley would give us good kpd depth we need not that the club sees it that way so won't happen.
Think you answered your own question - not that many supporters would agree with the Club's assertion though!

If we didn't have McKenzie I'd be keen
But the spot for duddefender spot is taken

Aside from the fact that Hartley and Buzza play entirely different positions, sure.

We once had a pretty competent tall defender who was told he would be playing as a tall forward so he left. What makes you think that Ken will change his mind and suddenly decide to play a tall super defender again? Ken obviously thinks our defence can cope without a 198cm defender.

I do not think we will chase Hartley anyway, we have signed Buzza and Ken will probably sit on Dixon, Marshall and Buzza as forward options. Not the way I would go but Ken sees things different to most.

If we didn't have McKenzie I'd be keen
But the spot for duddefender spot is taken

If you are referring to Trent McKenzie I didn't think his lone AFL game in 2019 was too bad after some pretty consistent SANFL form. Trent has not had a great run with us as he has been injured a lot of the time but give him an injury free year and he might yet surprise us all.

I don't think we are signing any more delisted free agents. I think we will get the rest of our list numbers in the draft.

Sam skinner is the only dfa I would like. Not going to happen though. I think sam Mayes will be delisted before list lodgement 2 on Tuesday.(to be rookied if available) It gives us more flexibility and more points for draft night.

HAMISH Brayshaw and Brendon Ah Chee have been delisted by West Coast, but the club has said it will redraft them if available.

Ah Chee has played nine games in two years since crossing from Port Adelaide, including just one in 2019.

Midfielder Brayshaw, the brother of Melbourne's Angus and Fremantle's Andrew, is yet to make his debut.

Woodcock and Grundy delisted will be picked up again if available.

Interesting. We might be about to pick up another delisted free agent and/or have some draft pick swap sorcery ready to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back