Delisted Free Agency - Welcome Michael Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I wanted Snoop to succeed, his light frame and the way he was easily buffeted out of contests by bigger bodies means he was always going to rely on getting the ball given to him at the top level. Reminded me a bit of Richard Tambling, extremely talented but not built for AFL.
The comparison with Tambling is on the money. Good luck though to him, I liked the kid.
Lyons, Hanley & Barlow allow the drafted kids a chance to develop. And we also need to cash in now to keep the spine from leaving, as big offers will come the way of Wright etc.

As much as I wanted Snoop to succeed, his light frame and the way he was easily buffeted out of contests by bigger bodies means he was always going to rely on getting the ball given to him at the top level. Reminded me a bit of Richard Tambling, extremely talented but not built for AFL.

Sounds like Jack Martin :O

Absolute legend (Micky B) whose delisting I will never be able to fully come to terms with. Hope he shreds it for you guys, I'm confident he will.

He was one of the top midfielders in the competition when you guys played in a grand final a few years back. I really don't understand how he fell out of favour so quick?

He was one of the top midfielders in the competition when you guys played in a grand final a few years back. I really don't understand how he fell out of favour so quick?
Was forced to spend alot of time across half forward for some reason and wasn't able to adapt. Should have just been kept in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you're not serious Ben
Jack is ready to rock I reckon
Will do serious damage as the lesser marked 3rd forward
Backs will be busy with 2MP Lynchy and I suspect Ablett
Will kick 30+ next year

So you pretty much agreed, his light framed and gets knocked around far to much to be playing midfield at AFL level?
& Will spend the year in the forward line?

I don't disagree he is super talented.
Will more likely kick 30 goals a season
Just can't play midfield

Just wish someone would feed him once and while.
I worry for his safety playing AFL

Just looking at his twig legs makes me want to order a pizza

So you pretty much agreed, his light framed and gets knocked around far to much to be playing midfield at AFL level?
& Will spend the year in the forward line?

I don't disagree he is super talented.
Will more likely kick 30 goals a season
Just can't play midfield

Just wish someone would feed him once and while.
I worry for his safety playing AFL

Just looking at his twig legs makes me want to order a pizza

sad-fro-no.gif

Was forced to spend alot of time across half forward for some reason and wasn't able to adapt. Should have just been kept in the middle.
Yep old Ross Lyon at it again playing people in roles rather than where their talents are. Killed a few good players at Saints doing the same thing.

Jacky boy is going to make you eat that pizza Ben ;) He's ready to explode through the midfield and up forward next year :thumbsu:
He is the one! Was rated a generational talent, we took him above Hogan.. was always going to take a bit of time to get his body right but he has as much talent as anyone in the comp..
He may have benefited the most from losing Dixon/Bennell, showed a lot last year but is still a bit under the radar..
Our spine is spoken about a lot.. our inside midfield is bolstered substantially.. our draftees are going to make some noise, Ablett and Swallow are going to be dominant but its going to be this kid who is going to rip the heart out of the opposition. ..
Sorry Ben but Jack Martin is ready to launch us into the finals...

Jacky boy is going to make you eat that pizza Ben ;) He's ready to explode through the midfield and up forward next year :thumbsu:
Given our recruits - not sure there's heaps of midfield time for him. Likely to go back to that 3rd goal kicking forward role .. but will defend as a forward a lot better....

Given our recruits - not sure there's heaps of midfield time for him. Likely to go back to that 3rd goal kicking forward role .. but will defend as a forward a lot better....
I think he's ready to be played through the midfield in bursts. With Barlow, Lyons, Touk etc. he won't be required to do the inside work, but play him off a wing / HFF and he will be a very difficult matchup with his smarts, burst of speed, Overhead ability and general all round freakishness. I've been taking a closer look at him when watching some of our wins when we've had more of our best team on the park, and he was quite superb. I can see now how he got third in the BnF. Underrated season by many outside the club.

I really hope so.
Don't get me wrong.
I hope your right.

But stil believe he won't even average 20 touches a game which will be his 4th AFL season and 5th with the club

Though if he can get 18 touches a game and kick 30plus goals.
He has had a super season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back